Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite dark and brooding mythical creature?
Depressed Vampire
Self-hating Werewolf
Ghost with an Eating Disorder
Creature from the Black Lagoon with a Killer Heroin Habit
View Results

• Locked thread
hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I don't think Phil Western showed up on any Tear Garden project. He's always been relegated to the interchangeable Download/plateau releases and those two things he did with Mark Spybey. Tear Garden was always the collaboration between Key and Ka-Spel, with Goettell showing up on the early LP's along with random Dots personnel. Last Man to Fly is such a wonderful thing, I just wanted an excuse to chime in on this thread. The recent Tear Garden material (all released through SubCon's Vault series) sounds like it's been an email endeavor between Key and Ka-Spel, heavy on the synths and not much of the organic sound the early releases had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Those guys could do a pretty ripping cover of "Alice" or "Body Electric."

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

a kitten posted:

Only up to and including Disintegration though, everything after that can still go to hell. :colbert:

I think the opening track on Wish is money, and the "This is a lie" remix from Join the Dots is pretty nice but yeah I totally feel you on this sentiment. I haven't a single gently caress to give for anything after that record, including Bloodflowers (admittedly, the live set from that tour was loving deadly. Closing with "Faith" WHAT?)

• Locked thread