Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite dark and brooding mythical creature?
Depressed Vampire
Self-hating Werewolf
Ghost with an Eating Disorder
Creature from the Black Lagoon with a Killer Heroin Habit
View Results

• Locked thread
DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
I am really glad this thread exists.

A few things I'd like to share — Corpus Delicti were a really good band from France in the 1990s that played straightforward goth rock. Dramatic vocals and lyrics with guitars and drums that rock pretty hard. Some of their music is compiled on Spotify. "Patient" and "Noxious (The Demon's Game)" are pretty representative of their sound if you want to check them out.

Someone posted about Grave Babies earlier, but I heard them for the first time this year. This song will make you want to wait for a warm sunny day to put on your thickest, blackest shades, rent a red convertible, and blast this at full volume to ruin moods. I'm trying to channel the ridiculous video for The Sisters' of Mercy, "Black Planet," and in a way, I feel like "Eternal (On and On) is a strange descendant of "Black Planet."

Lastly, for fans of Drab Majesty, Black Marble, et al., "To You My Bliss" is a single from M!R!M that bowled me over when I heard it. It's got that Polymoog Vox Humana whine and is just overall goth af. I love that there are young folks releasing music like this today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
Posted about it in the electro-industrial thread, but fans may be interested to know that Maya Postepski, Austra's drummer, left Austra in May and has since rejoined TR/ST.

• Locked thread