Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He should have went akimbo and slowed down time to stealth kill all of the terrorists, then run up the wall and elbow slam the entire nation into freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Stop using mods to make a point. Wait Counterstrike is a mod. I'm melting! Melting!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AxeManiac posted:

He should have went akimbo and slowed down time to stealth kill all of the terrorists, then run up the wall and elbow slam the entire nation into freedom.

Now now, there are only so many people who enjoy this level of tactical realism.

lightishred
Aug 11, 2010
The last 10 minutes of that were some of the best in the entire series. My only complaint is that they already had a main character cancel an explosion or kill a coworker this season. I can't wait for next week.

I also thought it was funny that Quinn worked closely? with the German but broke into her apartment instead of hiding a key somewhere

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Holy poo poo!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren: IM THE ONLY ONE LIVEPOSTING :siren:

This is nuts...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I love how you think, oh poo poo, Carrie's on the trail, and then all the sudden, you realize, Carrie loving knows! And now she's confronting quinn! And quinn loving takes out two agents and just says to CArrie I dont give a gently caress!!! This show owns!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I hope he kills them all..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The feels!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jesus Christ, Quinn...

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
What the gently caress was that

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I thought Quinn was gonna suicide bomb, but then when Carrie showed up I knew everything would be ruined. Hopefully the family drama doesn't ruin the next episode.

jwnin
Aug 3, 2003
Bit of a slow episode with some very good parts in it. Wasn't ready for next episode to be the last episode of the season though.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol in the "Previously on homeland" cuts max ducks just in time in the recording room

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

...i like to say "previously on homeland" as the episode starts and see how close i am to saying it at the right time

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol max is a goon with a white knight fantasy

basically caro

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Holy poo poo good episode right till the very end.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sauls former bff in the car

wtf... is he a bad guy or just running an informant?

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Really good episode but the last scene is too much for me (in the bad way). I really hope they spin this right or I'm going to die from rolling my eyes too hard.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lets take a poll:
1) quinn shoulda hit the button. rip carrie
2) quinn did the right thing. carrie <3 quinn

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

KoRMaK posted:

lets take a poll:
I would've been much more excited (well, excited at all) by this episode if Quinn had hit that loving button.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Great episode but that twist at the end seems a bit unnecessary. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

CODChimera posted:

Great episode but that twist at the end seems a bit unnecessary. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

This series in a nutshell.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
just as I was starting to ponder "have they written her baby out of the show?"

that is one ugly babby

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Sorry to be that guy, but...

I haven't watched any of season 4. Season 2 was pretty good but 3 broke me. Is it worth catching up?

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Pryor on Fire posted:

It is standard training to pick up enemy guns and use them if a crazy situation like that were to arise in real life, particularly if you can go from handgun->rifle and become much more effective in a firefight as a result. They used to (probably still do) a drill with every marine who gets deployed where they have to run 25 meters, put together a fully stripped AK, load it and fire down range as quickly as possible. I'm sure the CIA training on using a variety of weapons in the field is much more thorough and nuanced so I'd guess a real agent would run a quick function check and use the AK in this situation. You can still holster the pistol and have it as a secondary anyway.

Choosing to use a pistol over a rifle in a firefight is decreasing your effectiveness by an order of magnitude or more, it's just a terrible idea.

This show has never been particularly realistic so I don't think it's worth thinking about too much, just enjoy the silly action.

I thought it was more realistic.

They were in a crowded hallway with hostages so using the pistol was likely the more accurate option, no? Quinn can drop a few people with it quickly and spraying ak fire at them would have likely hit some of the hostages.

But I would have preferred akimbo and stealth-time. Shits bonkers.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I would've been much more excited (well, excited at all) by this episode if Quinn had hit that loving button.

Basically season one all over again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Minitrue posted:

I haven't watched any of season 4. Season 2 was pretty good but 3 broke me. Is it worth catching up?
Ehhhhhh, season 4 has been a weird rollercoaster quality-wise. The highs have been really high, but the lows, which vastly outnumber the highs, have been really low, and everything in between has been mostly boring.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
This episode was just all blue balls, all the time. Was waiting for poo poo to get real, but noooo, just keep tickling those balls until the very last few seconds, then boom - lentil dahl surprise! Tune in next week bitches! #OneLastTime

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
Did Howard Gordon write this one? It feels like he wrote it, or at least he gave a lot of input.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

ZetsurinPower posted:

just as I was starting to ponder "have they written her baby out of the show?"

that is one ugly babby

She really is. And she somehow looks exactly like Brody.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Well if season 5 is based back in America, I'm sure we can look forward to all sorts of exciting Carrie/Baby drama!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

bamhand posted:

She really is. And she somehow looks exactly like Brody.

Dad died. Your traitorbaby has hair that will be a permanent reminder of your secret shame. Come home soon sis!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haqqani's facial hair looks ridiculously fake.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I gotta say, that's one ugly babby. Poor thing, poor parents.

Who was that in the car at the end of the episode? Was it that black ops guy Dora Tall?

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

lets take a poll:

I knew he wasn't going to do it, but I was literally yelling "blow that oval office up". After this stint, Quinn is really going to need to take another couple months off to get drunk, pretend to quit, and plow women.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Minitrue posted:

I bet binge watching it would help gloss over the stuff that doesn't work. The stuff that does work is pretty amazing, so definitely worth watching, IMO.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Just hit fast forward whenever you see Dana and season three will be over in half as long and it's not quite as painful.

*edit the question is about 4, yeah this season has been pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

I gotta say, that's one ugly babby. Poor thing, poor parents.

Who was that in the car at the end of the episode? Was it that black ops guy Dora Tall?

Dar Adal, the guy who trained/broke Quinn and was always the "rogue" element at the CIA.

• Locked thread