Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

Given the subtitle of the season, it's going to be sad when they have to probably kill off Red Chaika and her crew at the end.

Also someone make a looping gif of Chaika turning bright red and back.

vvvv Yeah next week looks like it's going to be rad as hell.

Probably not, the "Avenging Battle" is most probably because of half Chaika's wanting revengeance for Gillet.

vvvv
Thank you

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 16, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dragon=cat=teenager is such a great combo for dungeons & dragons a fun action/adventure/comedy show like this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
And I remember when people doubted her new form. :allears:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No one really expected Frederica to be 70% cat, 20% dragon and 10% girl. Her demeanor is entirely cat, like thats how a cat would act if it could turn into a dragon/ girl.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, but it's a lot funnier seeing a human girl bite the head off a live fish than a cat.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No one really expected Frederica to be 70% cat, 20% dragon and 10% girl. Her demeanor is entirely cat, like thats how a cat would act if it could turn into a dragon/ girl.
I dunno man, cats are pretty vicious, but Frederica's straight up bloodthirsty. I'd put it at like 55% cat, 40% dragon, and 5% girl.

But yeah, Frederica ended up a lot better than people were dreading at the end of her intro episode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It also helps with the problem of "why don't they just have Frederica murderize every one of their opponents?" since she is both capricious and lazy. And also probably amused by watching them struggle.

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
Notice it stops flopping.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

And I remember when people doubted her new form. :allears:

Hell, I think I was the first one and now she's by far my favorite character in the show.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

ScottyWired posted:

Above gif summarises my feelings about gifcam. I used to do it manually, where I'd alternately mash Frame-Step and Save-Image in MPC then put the whole thing through photoshop. Gifcam saved me.

.webm is still a bitch though, I have to convert my .mkv into an .mp4 with Handbrake, chop it down with movie maker, export another .mp4, then process the thing with Miro Video Converter to finally reach a .webm.

GoonCam is my go-to:

:3:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I'm all caught up now, and I have to say, the characterizations in this are perfect. I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier than when Frederica hops over to Tooru Muhammed Ali style and gives him the ol' R-L-R combo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I just started watching this yesterday and I really dig it. For some reason I get a Malazan vibe from the world/characters - something about soldiers after a big war trying to apply their skills, maybe. My favourite line so far is probably from S1E8:

- Over there.
- The prison is underground?
- Can you get her out from here?
- Nope. Let's go.

Toru is great.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Why can't it be next week already?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
With all the talk of being unable to find it, I was expecting the island to be that sea monster talking to Chaika in season one. Apparently that's not the case here though.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Frederica is just the best :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DiabloCthulhu posted:

Frederica is just the best :allears:

Welp.

That was a great gif just from the preview, now it's amazing.

That little last tail wiggle. :kimchi::stonklol:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, poor everyone. Glad to see more of Fredrica though.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, Hartgan's daughters are Twin Black Chaikas, right? Or am I just losing it? Either way he's definitely connected with all of this since well, Gilette's there. :ohdear:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nothing like taking a nap during a long drive.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

legoman727 posted:

So, Hartgan's daughters are Twin Black Chaikas, right?
Yes, those two are definitely Black Chaikas.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So is there any other sites one can catch this anime? Crunchyroll does not seem to be showing it in Australia?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

legoman727 posted:

So, Hartgan's daughters are Twin Black Chaikas, right? Or am I just losing it? Either way he's definitely connected with all of this since well, Gilette's there. :ohdear:

With the giant castle and sweet throne, I feel that Hartgen is going to become the next Gaz

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm thinking that Hartegan is Gaz, or at least one of his creations. In any event, Guy is obviously working for the guy, since he teleported Gilette to him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Akari can be pretty :stonk: when she puts her mind to it. Her descriptions about what could be happening to chaika were pretty graphic.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This show remains far better than it should be. I'm totally on board the Chaika s2 train.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

a kitten posted:

It also helps with the problem of "why don't they just have Frederica murderize every one of their opponents?" since she is both capricious and lazy. And also probably amused by watching them struggle.

I just think that Tohru doesn't want to put himself in debt to Frederica, because at some point she's gonna call it in and try to kill him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Akari can be pretty :stonk: when she puts her mind to it. Her descriptions about what could be happening to chaika were pretty graphic.

And by 'when she puts her mind to it', you mean 'all the time'. It's basically her thing.

Honestly, it's a tough debate who the least hosed-up member of Team Chaika is.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That would be Frederika, since she just goes with the flow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

And by 'when she puts her mind to it', you mean 'all the time'. It's basically her thing.

Honestly, it's a tough debate who the least hosed-up member of Team Chaika is.

Most of the things she says are more in the lines of :stonklol:, what she was saying to Tohru at the beach was 100% :stonk:. I know he was visualizing what she was saying and freaking the gently caress out, he just did a good job hiding it.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
First time I've seen a Kraken depicted with a shell instead of just a giant octopus.

Stevefin posted:

So is there any other sites one can catch this anime? Crunchyroll does not seem to be showing it in Australia?

Seems to be on this site here but delayed 3 days :(

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 23, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Today a person told me they don't like the show because they can't stand hearing Chaika talk. I have never heard someone complain about Chaika's speech before now.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

ViggyNash posted:

Today a person told me they don't like the show because they can't stand hearing Chaika talk. I have never heard someone complain about Chaika's speech before now.

Well its a bit jarring to me but I haven't made up my mind yet about, if it's bad enough to drop it. I'm still watching it so far.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

ViggyNash posted:

I thought it was pretty cute. But I noticed (though I don't speak Japanese so) it doesn't sound like she says any of the typical variations of what she's apparently saying. Is it like baby version of words or is it a different level of honorifics? IE isn't "yes" "hai", but she says something that sounds like "ui"

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Razzled posted:

I thought it was pretty cute. But I noticed (though I don't speak Japanese so) it doesn't sound like she says any of the typical variations of what she's apparently saying. Is it like baby version of words or is it a different level of honorifics? IE isn't "yes" "hai", but she says something that sounds like "ui"

Might be "yes" in her native language.

Chaika? Chaika.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've heard the complaint that from the next room it sounds like she's baby-talking. I understand enough Japanese so that it's not just high-pitched noises, but I can get how it would annoy some.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've heard the complaint that from the next room it sounds like she's baby-talking. I understand enough Japanese so that it's not just high-pitched noises, but I can get how it would annoy some.

I've always thought the same, but I'd never heard the complaint before and it surprised me that it only came up a season and some in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Sydnesider posted:

First time I've seen a Kraken depicted with a shell instead of just a giant octopus.

Seems to be on this site here but delayed 3 days :(

Ha that is fine, everything normally does come later here, so used to it, least it can be watched :v:

• Locked thread