Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my god, look at that photoshop. :alears:

First season may not have blown anything out of the water but it was fun and the plot is interesting enough. And seriously, you can never get enough of Fredrica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Chaika continues to be Chaika, both the show and the character. Which is to say that it was a bit dumb, mostly fun, and still doesn't make any sense. I'm cool with that.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Man, look at all those gifs, and were only on the first episode.

This is going to be a good season.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Claudia is easily the best hero of the lot.

It's pretty interesting that most of the heroes are pretty low-key, or just glossed over, as if none of them are important to the world. It's a perfect setup for a monster of the week show, and yet the show cares more about the (mis)adventures of Chaika and her saboteur buddies. I'm sure glad that's the case since it really separates Chaika from the crowd.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

And I remember when people doubted her new form. :allears:

Hell, I think I was the first one and now she's by far my favorite character in the show.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, poor everyone. Glad to see more of Fredrica though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Today a person told me they don't like the show because they can't stand hearing Chaika talk. I have never heard someone complain about Chaika's speech before now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've heard the complaint that from the next room it sounds like she's baby-talking. I understand enough Japanese so that it's not just high-pitched noises, but I can get how it would annoy some.

I've always thought the same, but I'd never heard the complaint before and it surprised me that it only came up a season and some in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Frederica is the fuckin' best.

I liked the part where she found out about the tournament and was like "gently caress yes, I get to kill poo poo again!" Then she got used as a decoy and both her and me were like :argh:.

I wasn't expecting Guy to take Niva, so that was an interesting development. I guess Guy is taking a more active role in things? Ought to be interesting. Also, Gillette has been brainwashed and gone full evil, when Vivi finds out she is going to freak the gently caress out. I can't wait for the next episode.

Agreed.

It seems like they're nearing the climax of whatever plan is in motion, and so things are starting to move more quickly, which means more of Guy showing up to direct things as needed. I'm not yet sure how Niva fits into the whole situation or the plan, but I'm sad that we won't have anymore Chaika-Niva conversations if she does leave. That bit about Niva and her/its humanity was just so adorable.

• Locked thread