Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
You know, just as an aside to all this, it would be pretty loving hilarious if it comes out that Un is dead like a day or two before that Seth Rogan movie is supposed to drop. Wasn't that originally done with Il in mind, in fact, and then re-wrote when it turned out he was kaput?

But all joking aside, how long was it again between when Il stopped making public appearances, and when the North Korean government officially announced his death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
In terms of effort and cost, wouldn't backing the strongest warlord be a far cheaper alternative to simply slaughtering the refugees, also?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TheImmigrant posted:

*Fan death is the belief that sleeping in an enclosed room with a fan on will kill you. Korean newspapers report on fan deaths every summer. I taught a private lesson to a Korean doctor who swore that it existed, and that my Western lungs were differently equipped to handle it. A few other expats and I developed the theory that it's a media euphemism for death from alcohol poisoning.

I recall hearing, I think on these very forums, that it was a euphemism for suicide. Although I suppose one can argue alcohol poisoning is a form of suicide.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Except, in fairness, dying from choking on a ham sandwich is a thing that is possible. It is possible to choke to death while eating a ham sandwich. Fan death is not an actually possible thing.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Uncle Jam posted:

It's usually about information. One guy was leaving bibles around, another Korean war vet wanted to meet some old war buddies, and of course those journalists. It wouldn't surprise me if this idiot thought he should partake in intellectual discourse about capitalism or something.

You're probably right and it is may well be something he did, but I really feel like we should wait for some sort of evidence of personal misconduct before blaming the victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nm posted:

The President of the United States is almost certainly immune from prosecution, so that isn't that weird. I say almost certainly because pretty much every legal expert agrees, but there isn't a written case or an express law, but it is essentially required by the constitution.

I'm confused by this. I know it is de facto true, but there's an actual legal basis for it? Wasn't/isn't there still stuff going on with Trump and some of his lawsuits?