Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
JFC North Korea is in even worse shape than I thought it was. Has anyone read this article? I knew it was bad, but I guess I didn’t realize just how bad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/bskbb4rmae/inside-north-korea

The only other country I know of with conditions this bad is Somalia, maybe Yemen if conditions haven’t improved there since fighting has died down.

Also, I was ignorant to the fact that apparently most the men in the country work during the day in what is basically compulsory slave-labor, since they’re paid too minuscule of an amount to feed their families, and thus in most North Korean families the wife works as the main breadwinner in the informal market economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU