Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Badera posted:

Well, no, but strictly speaking, you're the one that needs to back up your extraordinary claim.

What you suggested makes no sense. It ignores the agency of the NK regime, for one. They've shown more than once that they're perfectly willing to tell China or whoever else to piss up a rope.

I think it is you that is denying the Chinese their agency to be the center of the universe.

You should apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The maintenance of the status quo is a prefectly reasonable position to hold regarding North Korea.

The chaos that could be unleashed in the region is not really outweighed by the positives of a reintegrated NK. Most of the human suffering is contained on one side of the border and there is no way to change that without risking a wider problem.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Juffo-Wup posted:

I disagree. I think nuclear nonproliferation is an overriding concern, and I find it really disturbing when the biggest apparent obstacle to that policy goal is my own country, rather than the putative rogue state.

If the Americans leave, there's a better chance that NK get more belligerent than less. (According to the NK scholar posted earlier in the thread.)

Currently there is no war on the pennisula, so the American policy is working.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Badger of Basra posted:

You may note that Homefront is a video game, and not real life.

I live in perpetual fear of losing mid, so I won't judge him too harshly on his NK invasion concerns.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Kim dynasty is also famously faked.

If KJU somehow falls onto a bunch of bullets, his replacement will quickly discover his Kim ancestry and the requisite three miracles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cliff Racer posted:

If a North Korean citizen had been caught doing this he'd face far worse than this guy is going to get. He's getting off light.

Three generations of their family in a gulag.

I have to wonder, is there a group of people that just haven't heard what North Korea is like, or is it just hubris blinding people when they look around for poverty tourism spots?