Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

As for reunifcation, I thought the latest trend was that ROKs didn't really want it any more. And considering how the German one went (and really is still ongoing) I can't really blame them.

quote:

Korean reunification would differ from the German reunification precedent. In relative terms, North Korea's economy is currently worse than that of East Germany in 1990. The income per capita ratio (PPP) was about 3:1 in Germany (US$25,000 for the West, about US$8,500 for the East).[33][34] The ratio is close to 18:1 in Korea (in 2011: US$31,700 for the South, US$1,800 for the North).[35] While at the moment of German reunification the East German population (around 17 million) was about a third of the West German (more than 60 million), the North Korean population (around 24.5 million) is currently around half of South Korea's (around 49 million).

Holy hell, if I were in ROK's charge I would build a wall prop up NK as long as possible and hope China agrees to take over this hellhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Sounds really silly now I'm typing it out, but I think I'll wait for confirmation from the North.

Unironically quoting the IBTimes should feel silly.