Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mightypeon posted:

USSR got offended because Yong-Il seriously tried to popularize North korean Yuche Ideology in the Soviet Union. Parts of the KGB actually liked that, because North Koreas Propaganda efforts made the USSRs beurocracy/propaganda appear to be very rational, streamlined, transparent and efficient by comparison, but the Party higher ups were to offended by the thought of some random Kim trying to dare and teach them communism that they got rather mad.
Mostly unrelated to the present situation in North Korea, but I'm legitimately curious, is it standard certain places (I think you're from Russia?) to transliterate Korean to English with a "Y" instead of a "J"? I've only ever seen the word spelled as "Juche", but I can see how most of the translations would be pronounced fairly similarly.

Also I found out that not only does a "Kim Yong-Il" exist, the guy was apparently the Premier of North Korea from April 2007 to June 2010. I presume you weren't talking about that guy though:v:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU