Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Grim Up North posted:

Holy hell, if I were in ROK's charge I would build a wall prop up NK as long as possible and hope China agrees to take over this hellhole.

This is funny, because right now China's propping up North Korea pretty much solely because they don't want to deal with the refugee crisis of a collapse and are hoping someone else will take the problem off their hands. So long story short, the people of North Korea are utterly hosed now and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Woah, Koreans making GBS threads on someone else for alcoholism? Alcoholism is like a part of Korean culture.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Did they do something Metal like strapping him to the barrel of the cannon, or just blow him up from a distance?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I hope there's a war with cool explosions and poo poo, like in the movies. Oh please god, let it happen. I'm so ready to watch Seoul get nuked live on CNN to liven up my humdrum life.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

whatever7 posted:

No, it has stayed the way it is because US policy makers are not willing to put enough chips on the table to deal.

China is not going to be the one pick up the phone and raise the price becuase NK ICBM is not going to shoot China first.

Even if the US and China had the ability to come to some kind of diplomatic solution for deposing the regime in North Korea, who would want to pick up the tab for what has to be an almost historically unprecedented rebuilding program? I'm skeptical that the current political atmosphere is there for the US to enact Marshall Plan 2.0, so who's the party that's going to want to pick up the cost of reintegration? Or do we set up another strongman by joint agreement and keep our fingers crossed that he and his descendants don't get out of line for another generation or two?