Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Charlz Guybon posted:

How is it possible that the largest Korean bank by far won't cash a check from the US treasury. Fuckers!

Apparently Hana will do it. They said they have to send it off to America to get it done, and it would take a month, but they would do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Charlz Guybon posted:

They told me I had to make an account there, but they would only cash it after I had an account for 3 months.

And I see from some smug dude on Facebook that some no name local bank in Busan cashed his check immediately.

I heard KB will cash it, so I'm trying them next.

If not, guess I'll download Bank of America's check cashing app and deposit it in my bank back home. <_<

If KB will let you do it without an account let me know. Maybe I'll try Jeonbuk or Nonghyup as well, as I have accounts with them.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Charlz Guybon posted:

You can cash your stimulus check at KB without an account

On the spot, or with a 1 month wait? How much did they skim off?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hilariously, his plan to increase med-school enrollment is probably the only good proposal of his entire administration

I really hope he’s a stubborn bastard and pushes this through.