Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
posting smiling
byob has always been home to creatives and counter cultures, so it's no surprise that many posters here engage in the ultimate form of self expression: modifications to your human body, the last frontier in creative design and engineering challenge.

human people modify the bodies that they have for any number of different reasons, but the big three are:
1. fancy add ons (external visual decorations) ex: change your eye color
2. upgrades (improving existing body performance) ex: replace your heart with a stronger man's
3. new features (doing things you couldn't do before) ex: add a large hollow bony echo chamber over your nose to enable you to produce loud honks, audible at great distances

you can use this thread to talk about the latest mods you've seen or gotten, or if you're new, just ask any questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling
i'll start off with a short rant. it's hard being a dedicated body modder in small town america. i thought i had found a like minded crowd when i went to a local shop to get a quote on a tattoo (think tribal design, but with a futuristic style like a computer chip). but when i took out my moleskine to show him my preliminary design work on a swim bladder i want to get for increased buoyancy control, it was like he totally shut down. i don't know if he wasn't willing to do it or if his shop just wasn't equipped for it, but he made it clear that he didn't want my business.

Matoi Ryuko

I just bedazzled my brains. :2bong:

cuntman.net

i want to get frog legs so i can jump really high

posting smiling

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I just bedazzled my brains. :2bong:

i don't think that temporary chemical modifications really fit in this thread, but if you've made any permanent sort of physical changes to your brain, i think we'd all like to hear of your experiences and if there were any pitfalls

Matoi Ryuko

There are no pitfalls when you've got a brain this beautiful.

posting smiling

Sleepy Owl posted:

i want to get frog legs so i can jump really high

let me guess, you're new to this. the first thing any newbie does is to immediately go and start replacing their limbs, but this is why i made the thread. think about this: how small would a frog's legs be on your body? even the biggest legs from a frog couldn't provide the force to achieve what you're imagining. if you were serious about limb replacement, a more suitable animal might be a kangaroo, but even that's an aggressive choice for a first mod. maybe try gradually introducing frog muscular tissue to your legs to provide additional jumping speed and strength and see where you want to go from there.

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Big frog legs.

cuntman.net

im going to make up for that by attaching a lot of frog legs at once

posting smiling

Sleepy Owl posted:

im going to make up for that by attaching a lot of frog legs at once

this is the kind of creative problem solving i hoped we'd see in the body mods thread.

posting smiling
if anyone knows how to use autocad, feel free to draft up some blueprints to help out the community.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

i would like to add a warning here; get your mods done by a professional!!

when trying to modify myself with some gills i lost a LOT of blood & ended up in the ER
it wouldn't have been so bad if the doctor hadn't stitched the drat things up! :argh:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i want to replace my brain w/ a less sad one :(

posting smiling
i'm getting sick of the rampant mammalism in body modding. oh, it's no problem if i want a long luxurious mane, or an udder for milking my young, but if i want a large sail fin down my back so i can utilize the wind to propel me while skateboarding, and to radiate heat away from my body in hot weather, all of a sudden it's "oh, i don't really know if that would even work"

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

Classicist posted:

i'm getting sick of the rampant mammalism in body modding. oh, it's no problem if i want a long luxurious mane, or an udder for milking my young, but if i want a large sail fin down my back so i can utilize the wind to propel me while skateboarding, and to radiate heat away from my body in hot weather, all of a sudden it's "oh, i don't really know if that would even work"

turning my mouth into a cloaca just for you

Sleepy Sip

on a serious note, i have a very nice self-made brand/scar tattoo. a beautiful big calligraphy J that takes up most of my thigh, for my dom.

on a more serious note i've just glued ten cockroaches to all of the pressure points on my face and i intend to KEEP them there.

SIDS Vicious

i have an eyebrow piercing and a tattoo of a triforce on my wrist

dogcrash truther

Classicist posted:

boo hoo. try putting a propeller on your head, office chair wheels on your feet and a lobster tail on your butt and both the mod and cyborg communities will have nothing to do with you

dogcrash truther
I went to the surgeons, they laughed me out of the office for saying "steampunk angler-fish" when I was asked what I wanted to get done. memo to health care professionals: don't ask if you don't want to know!

posting smiling

dogcrash truther posted:

I went to the surgeons, they laughed me out of the office for saying "steampunk angler-fish" when I was asked what I wanted to get done. memo to health care professionals: don't ask if you don't want to know!

bird.

I added a strip of rare earth magnet into my leg so I could add magnets to my key chain, wallets, box for holding my MTG deck (always gotta be ready for a game), sick rear end switch blade and then just have them cling to my leg so I don't have to fumble around in my pockets like a FAG

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

BrownianMotion posted:

I added a strip of rare earth magnet into my leg so I could add magnets to my key chain, wallets, box for holding my MTG deck (always gotta be ready for a game), sick rear end switch blade and then just have them cling to my leg so I don't have to fumble around in my pockets like a FAG

I just use one of those T2 mods where you can change your fingers into all that poo poo. Maybe you're too hip for that though? I dunno.

cuntman.net

i dream of one day getting my head replaced with a magic 8 ball

Slaapaav

by Azathoth
try taking a walk sometime if you are fat like every american is

Salmiakki

Sleepy Owl posted:

i dream of one day getting my head replaced with a magic 8 ball

playground tough
i replaced my pubes with tinsel

Salmiakki

inspector gadget is a huge inspiraition for me

dogcrash truther

Squirrel007 posted:

i replaced my pubes with tinsel

i replaced my rear end with a jack-o-lantern

GEExCEE

I'm more into medieval/fantasy body mods. Elf ears, dwarf noses, orc dong, etc.

shin42k

I know that this isn't strictly a body modification, but I don't know who else to turn to. I am currently considering inserting my brain into a stick insect, so that I may fulfil my life-long dream and also enjoy the many benefits of being a stick insect, for example looking like a stick. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the whole procedure quick and painless?

ass
Here's a mod that helps you win Israel vs Palestine debates: I installed an audio sensor on my forehead that detects the word "Israel" and when it returns positive it runs a laser sensor that prints "ISRAEL SUCKS" on the wall

ulvir

well, uh... okay guys. but I'm too scared to put this in img tags, so I'm just gonna link it :sweatdrop: http://i.imgur.com/E7YgAdc.png

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my arms are just piles of spaghetti

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
It took me a year to save up, but I finally was able to find a qualified surgeon to allow my head turn fully backwards, like an owl. Friends respect me, and lovers can't get enough of it.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Dead people are so lucky. After you die, if you want a really long, pointy face, all you need to do is grab your face and pull. Want your eyes to be relocated anywhere you want and still be functional? A quick and painless two second "pull and pop" procedure. If I want to do that while alive? Yeah, have fun finding someone who won't gently caress it up and give you a snout, instead.

playground tough
i keep finding tinsel on my soap bar in yhe shower

Theglavwen

shin42k posted:

I know that this isn't strictly a body modification, but I don't know who else to turn to. I am currently considering inserting my brain into a stick insect, so that I may fulfil my life-long dream and also enjoy the many benefits of being a stick insect, for example looking like a stick. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the whole procedure quick and painless?

I can do this very cheap. In one quick operation, you will be no more and I guarantee that somewhere a stick-bug will go on, living the dream, fully convinced of its authentic stick-bugginess.

BERGfu

ulvir posted:

well, uh... okay guys. but I'm too scared to put this in img tags, so I'm just gonna link it :sweatdrop: http://i.imgur.com/E7YgAdc.png

That's beautiful. :yaycloud:

cruft

ulvir posted:

what a trippy cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
how do you feel about adding robotic parts op?

• Locked thread