Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Mizzurna falls is an open world murder mystery game for the PS1 developed by Human Entertainment and released in 1998. There isn't much information available on this game because it was never released outside of Japan, but it sparked some interest here and there for its similarity to Deadly Premonition. And let me tell you, they're not kidding. Despite that, Swery65 denies he even knew about the game before Deadly Premonition was released. In the end, the similarities can easily be chalked up to the fact they both ostensibly take Twin Peaks as their main source of inspiration.

Anyway, like Deadly Premonition, the game takes place in an open world with a time-schedule mechanic. Every character has their own schedule and most of the events are based on being at the right place at the right time. A key difference between this and Deadly Premonition is that you can miss a lot of the events. You only have several days to solve the mystery and there’s no easy way to redo certain parts. Getting the good ending also requires you to keep to such a tight schedule that it’s almost impossible unless you’ve played through it a bunch of times. At least that’s the impression I’ve gotten so far. Worst part is that in order to save you need to waste time going back home and then waste another 1 hour or so on the clock to sleep. It’s a weird system, but amazing considering when it was released.

This will mostly be a blind LP but I will be using a walkthrough. The reason for this is that I can't get through the drat game without it freezing up on me all the time. The only way I'll ever finish it is if I have more to gain from it than pure enjoyment. That's how I came to the conclusion that I could do a translation screenshot LP to both hone my JP to ENG translation skills as well as help archive this curiosity piece. I should add the disclaimer that I am not a native English speaker so if anyone has any criticism please don't hesitate. I'm here to learn.

Characters

Under construction

Episodes
Prologue:
- Intro and Prologue
- Prologue continued
- Prologue keeps continuing
- Prologue Concluded
Day 1:
- Start of the investigation
- The church meeting

Extras
Under construction. I've found some Japanese websites and interviews that might be of some interest, but I'll get to it whenever I have some extra time left.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Update One: Intro and Prologue

Welcome to the LP. I hope this is an as interesting a ride for you guys as it will be for me. Let’s dive right in.

"Two events that struck a peaceful Christmas Eve.”

Note: This intro is narrated in broken English. I tried my best to transcribe it verbatim but some parts are slurred so badly I had to change it here and there.

6:30 AM on the 25th of December.

A small town in Colorado, at the foot of the rocky mountains called Mizzurna Falls.

A girl was found in the outskirts of the town, fallen and smeared with blood.

The girl named Kathy Flannery (16) has scars from an animals claws all over her body.

It seems she was attacked by a bear.

Thereafter at 7 AM on the same day another girl, Emma Rowland (18), Casey’s high school classmate is missing and her mother has asked police to search her.

The state police started investigating the connection between the two incidents.

At the time of Christmas, there’s nothing worse to strike a peaceful town with a population of 2000.

Note: Here’s the intro on YouTube if you want to feel the mood of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6afIMYlihtY

: *ring*

: *ring*

: Hello?

: Mathew?

: Winona, is it you?

: Yeah…

: What’s going on? Why are you calling me at a time like this?

: I just got a phone call from Sarah… I think something happened to Emma.

: Winona, calm down.

: Emma’s mom called to ask where she is.

: What do you mean?

: I don’t know, it’s just that she hasn’t seen Emma since last night.

: Last night?

: Did something happen last night?

: No, not really. Either way we should go pay her a visit.

: Emma’s been acting up lately. She’s starting to worry me.

: It’s alright, don’t worry.

: Yeah… I’m going to Sarah’s place. Her voice was trembling like crazy. What if something happened to Emma?

: *click*

This was taken this summer when Emma, Winona and I had that barbecue.

If Emma was just a normal girl Winona wouldn’t be so worried right now.

Emma never had a lot of friends, and sometimes you couldn’t guess what she was thinking.

Like last night…

Yeah, she wasn’t her usual self last night. She didn’t hear me calling out to her at all.

But she was beautiful. Especially last night…

Looks like our protagonist has a crush!:3:

Did something really happen to Emma?

We’re now given control of our character. There’s not much to do right now so let’s just give his room a good look. Let’s start with his nightstand.

She was really different than usual last night. I don’t know what it was. She just looked so lonely.

Let's go check our book case.

“To be, or not to be.” What a morbid page to open up to.

I got this secondhand radio from uncle Nozz. It’s a miracle it hasn’t broken down on me so far.

The system notebook is in here.

I’m going to Winona now so I don’t think I’ll need it.

This is really annoying because this means I need to waste time coming back here to get the drat thing. I’ll explain what it does when the time comes.

Let’s go to the bathroom.

As in any half-decent open world game you can take a piss and shower. No animations though.

Here’s our dog! Or maybe it’s Nozz’s dog. I’m not entirely sure yet.

Let’s pet him anyway!

And here we have the first character we get to meet in person, but let’s keep that for the next update.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 6, 2014

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hmm, there appears to be potential here. I'll be watching this.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Looks interesting. Thanks for translating this!

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Update 2: Prologue continued

Not a lot happens in this update so there won’t be much commentary.

: Matthew! Pass by the store for a second.

: Good morning, Matthew. Sorry for bothering you this early in the morning.

This is the first example in a long list of ridiculous naming conventions that the game employs. This one is weird only because they tried to simply transcribe the Japanese pronunciation of Morgan and (I assume) Stein. It’s dumb, I’m not changing it unless it’s really obvious what it’s supposed to be. Also it’s only going to get worse.

Morgan Stein: Morgan’s the town sherif. He's a reliable man with a strong sense of justice.

: Is this about Emma…?

: It looks like you’re up to date.

: Did something happen to Emma?

: No, we just received a phone call from her mom asking us to look around for her. You got any idea where she might be hiding?

: I don’t know… I did see her last night but she was acting really strange.

: I don’t really know how to put it…

I told you it’s only going to get worse.

Captain Nozz: Nozz is Matthew’s uncle you might call him. He runs a grocery store in the main street. He lets Matthew sleep in a room in the back.

This is an introduction given by the game. They’re written from a third person standpoint so they’re not Matthew’s thoughts. This happens every time you meet a new character.

: Isn’t she just at a friend’s place? What’s all this fuzz about?

: Well, it’s just a request.

: What’s happening?

: Do you know Kathy Flannery?

: …

: Flannery… that girl that lives at Father Barthon’s place?

: Aaaah, that fanatic girl? Miss Churchie?

: She’s a couple of years younger so I've never really talked to her. What happened to her?

: She was found badly wounded in the woods around 6 in the morning.

: She escaped with her life but she’s still out cold. If Cohen hadn’t found her when he did it would’ve been too late.

: What happened?!

: She might have been attacked by a bear.

: A bear?! It might’ve failed to start hibernating. They get violent when that happens.

: Wait a second! Why was she in the woods?

: Are you saying this is related to Emma somehow?

: It’s a logical thing to assume, right? We don’t know where she is.

: On top of that we have what happened to Kathy.

: Oi, Morgan! We have to go hunt for that bear. Just leave it to me. I’ll handle it!

Nozz is crazy obsessed with hunting bears. Any excuse to grab a gun I guess. :911:

: In any case, will you come with me to the office? You can tell me what you know there.

: Alright, I’m getting worried.

: I’ll wait in the car.

: Uncle, if Winona shows up will you tell her I’m at the Sherif’s department?

: Alright. What a mess this is turning into…

Before we head out let’s see if Nozz has anything else to say.

: And for a bear to show up at a time like this… It might attack someone else.

Nozz is literally the only person worried about goddamn bears during most of this first day.

: Understood. I’m on my way to the hospital now. Call Father Barthon to let him know.

: Matthew, new plan. Kathy regained consciousness.

: We’re heading towards Grouver Hospital now. Wanna come along?

: Alright.

c

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 6, 2014

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Will Matthew be as insufferable as Twin Peaks' James? Time will tell. Good luck with this, it sounds interesting.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I remember reading about this and it sounded interesting, especially because I love DP. Main character definitely seems a lot more normal than Agents Cooper and York but it looks it's got bears. I wonder if it will go completely off the rails like DP did? From the intro vid it seems fairly grounded.

I'll definitely be following this.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 6, 2014

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

I remember reading about this and it sounded interesting, especially because I love DP. Main character definitely seems a lot more normal than Agents Cooper and York but it looks it's got bears. I wonder if it will go completely off the rails like DP did? From the intro vid it seems fairly grounded.

I'll definitely be following this.

It doesn't have the explicit supernatural overtones Twin Peaks has, but from what I played so far there's some hinting going on to more philosophical/religious things. We'll see how that goes. As for the main character, I do think it's an odd choice and I'm thinking of a way to spruce up the first-person commentary after the prologue is over (which will be the next update). He's a bit humble and they don't really sell me on him being so assertive. I think he needs some divine inspiration.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Main character definitely seems a lot more normal than Agents Cooper and York...
That's not exactly a huge accomplishment.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Update 3: Prologue keeps continuing

: Let me ask you something…

: Sarah sounded a bit hysterical when she called about Emma this morning.

: The thing is, she couldn’t have known about Kathy yet.

: I see…

: Well, it’s hard to explain but Emma often seemed to have her head in the clouds.

: Like she was deep in thought about something or other.

: You’re talking about the same Emma right? I never had that impression whenever I saw her.

: Well she wasn’t usually like that.

: I guess you could say she was like a crystal glass, beautiful but fragile. Like she could shatter any moment.

: I know this is inappropriate… but I can’t help but wonder if she killed herself…

: Maybe Sarah also felt that.

: She must have been really hurting inside.

: You could probably say that…

: You guys were friends?

: Winona was pretty close to her, but I’m a guy so we basically can’t be friends.

Yeah this part stunned me as well.

: Can I talk to the guy in charge?

: One moment please.

: Morgan, I’ve been waiting for you. Did you bring my cigarettes?

: Barbara, I didn’t bring you any drat cigarettes.

Barbara Holden: She loves her cigarettes. She says a lot of weird things so she’s considered an eccentric.

Guess who she’s modelled after.

: How careless of you! I told you about how boring living here like this is without at least some cigarettes!

: And you young man, do you have some cigarettes for me?

: I’m underage, ma’am.

: Is that so?

: How unfortunate. I was going to tell you something good in return…

: You’re not from around here are you?

: He is. We’re heading to Kathy’s room so let’s talk later.

: Kathy… Poor Kathy…

: It’s terrible what happened to her…

: Excuse me, the doctor is waiting in Kathy’s room. He’ll see you in there.

: Perfect timing. Let’s go, Matthew.

: Kathy’s room is number 201.

: Morgan, next time you visit be a dear and bring me some cigarettes will you?

: What’s wrong with that old lady?

: Barbara? She has a condition that make her legs hurt.

: Excuse me?

: It’s a feigned illness.

And we’re back in control, but sadly we’re still being railroaded. We can talk to Barbara though.

: Your name is Matthew right? Don’t forget to bring me some cigarettes next time you visit, alright?

: Matthew, now that I think about it you shouldn’t come inside with me.

: Wait here alright?

: How’s the girl?

: She’s regained consciousness but other than that…

: The wounds aren’t that big of a deal, it’s her mental state that worries me.

: It’s as if she’s not really in there. She just keeps staring straight ahead of her.

: To put it another way, her heart may be beating but her brain isn’t functioning.

: Can she hear us?

: Probably not. It’s hard to call this living.

: Well she’s alive isn’t she?

: But can you really call it living? I’m exaggerating of course but for her to live her life like this, don’t you think it’s rather pitiful?

: Doctor! Don’t talk such nonsense!

: Father Barton.

Father Barton: This town’s church pastor. He’s respected and counted upon by many in the city. He adopted Kathy and raised her as his own daughter. He’s Kathy’s only family.

: I received news that Kathy regained consciousness.

: It doesn’t seem like she’s in any state to talk though.

: Is that so…

I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks that sounds ominous. Especially because he takes a moment to look at the door before he says it.

: Matthew? Could you just wait a bit longer?

: It’s Barton. I've come to pray for Kathy.

: Come in!

: … Has she regained consciousness?

: Pray all you want, she won’t hear it.

: A prayer isn’t there to be heard.

This one’s a bit tricky. He might mean that it doesn’t matter whether or not the prayer gets heard or he might mean that you shouldn’t let it be heard. Both nuances can be inferred from the sentence. Alternatively, he might be extending what Sammuel is saying and actually meant something like “Well that’s because prayers shouldn't be said out loud." For reference the original is「祈りは聞かせるものではありませんから。」

*Beeping from the heart monitor becomes erratic*

: Doctor!?

: What’s happening?!

: Doctor! We have to do something quick!

: Get the sedative!

: Okay!

: Agh!

: No! Stop! Please stop!

*The beeping flatlines*

: Doctor…

: What the hell just happened…

: What happened in there?

: She’s dead.

: What?!

: What a mess this is turning into.

: Matthew…

: … I’m going back to the office.

What the hell is happening today?

Today is getting too crazy… I should go after Morgan.

I said this was going to be the last prologue update but the next bit is a bit of a hassle to translate. In any case, after the next update things will be slightly more structured as we can finally begin with our actual investigation.what

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 6, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm really happy to see that someone's translating Mizzurna Falls. I heard about this back when Deadly Premonition blew up and it was something I always wanted to read more about, but it wasn't exactly easy considering how niche and old it is, so I just filed it away in the back of my head like Metal Max, Segagaga, and Linda3 in that "cool Japanese stuff I'll never see in English" folder. It's great to see someone's tackling this!

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I'm glad this is getting some interest! Also, could someone also do me a solid and figure out what the back of Matthew's jacket is saying. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Even if he isn't involved in actual medical practice, it's got to be pretty embarrassing for a pastor to lose a "patient" that quickly. Unless he was praying to the bear god or something.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Edvarius posted:

Even if he isn't involved in actual medical practice, it's got to be pretty embarrassing for a pastor to lose a "patient" that quickly. Unless he was praying to the bear god or something.

Dude, Plot Convenient Shock Induced Death is a serious medical condition.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Update 4: Prologue Concluded

We’re near the end of the prologue! After this point we get full control of where we go. I first wanted to include some audience participation but if I did that this LP would take ages to finish. Instead, I’m willing to check things out on a different save file. Just let me know. I’m sure there’s some events that are hidden from you if you’re on the Good Ending route so it might be interesting.

Now where did Morgan go?

: Wait a minute!

: Who are you?

: My name is James. I'm a counselor. You’re Matthew, right?

He says something more along the lines of "psychology counselor" but that seems a bit odd considering what follows soon.

: Ah, I’ve heard about you. You’re doing research on indigenous tribes, right?

James Loloma: He’s an expert on Western and Moral Philosophy. He has the knowledge to be a University Professor but prefers to do research on the history of the indigenous people of the Rocky Mountain area. 

And the names continue. Trust me, you haven’t seen the worst yet.

: You could call it a hobby of mine. 

He uses the word 趣味 which might also just as well mean interest. I love words in Japanese where a word has such a broad meaning to the point where it makes you realise what kind of bonds exist between certain words we consider separate. After all, interest and hobby aren’t such unrelated concepts. It’s only a small nuance difference but I thought I’d point it out because hobby means it has nothing to do with his career while interest might mean he’s trying to get into anthropology.

: How come you know my name?

: Just a hunch. Emma often spoke about you.

The Twin Peaks experts in the room should be starting to see a pattern by now. It’s just too bad the characters aren’t as eccentric as their inspiration.

: Emma?

: Emma often came to see me for counseling. 

: She did? She never told me about that…

: Things aren’t looking too good, Matthew. 

: Do you believe in the supernatural? 

いよいよ出た!The first hint to something more Twin Peaksian but what’s to say it’s not just a thematic device such as in True Detective. Well, only time will tell. Well let’s see what our hero thinks about this.

: Like what exactly?

: For example… Let me think. Like, the soul or supernatural abilities… Things like that.

James doesn’t seem as eloquent as you’d think he would be.

: I’m not sure, I think I’d lean towards not. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life.

: Do you believe in it?

: I do.

: As in there is the natural world and the supernatural world?

: No, nothing like that. I only believe in the natural world. 

: It’s only because of our lack of understanding that we end up splitting it into two separate entities.

: What does this have to do with anything?

: I feel a certain power is working behind these events. 

: What about Emma, was there anything wrong with her mentally?

: Anything wrong you ask?

: Depends on what you consider to be “wrong”. However… She did talk about a strange dream she had.

: Other than that she also having some... philosophical doubts.

: What do you mean by doubts?

Most of these back and forths tend to be anime-style repeating certain words.”She had doubts” “Doubts?”, “Do you believe in the supernatural?” “Supernatural?” etc etc etc.  Of course I’m translating them as more than what they’re saying but I think people prefer that.

: “Am I truly alive?”

: “Am I truly alive?” Well, she was alive wasn’t she?

: That might be true but her doubt was coming from a deeper psychological perspective.

: She was possibly wondering what it really meant to be alive in the first place. She was doubting her own existence. 

: I don’t get it. 

We didn’t think you would, Matthew.

: On the other hand, you couldn’t call that “wrong”.

: People have been struggling with questions like that since the dawn of time.

: I suppose that’s true.

: It is. 

: Could you tell me about that dream?

: A blue light, a warped space… Songs of praise… Greeting eternal sleep. 

: Heaven? Everyone has dreams like that.

: It’s not just that. Her body melted away, eaten by animals. By the end she sees nothing, she hears nothing. She enters a world where she is not herself. And then she wakes up. 

: … That’s unsettling.

: Either way, it’s obvious she was afraid of something. I just don’t know what. 

: She must have been worrying about things she couldn’t tell anyone else. I think she was struggling mentally. 

: Dr. Loloma, a patient is waiting for you in diagnostic room 2. 

: Ah, I forgot all about that.

: Matthew, I’m interested in Emma as well.

: Please come see me if you find out anything. 

: I’ll be at Wolves having a drink. Come see me after 8. 

Now le’s get out of here.

: Matthew!

: Winona, what are you doing here?

Winona Ringwald: Matthew’s classmate and Emma’s best friend. Winona is one of the very few people in Emma’s already limited social circle who she could open up to. 

: I went to the sherif’s office and they told me you were here. 

: Ah, so you saw Morgan?

I should mention at this point that Morgan pretty much stranded us here without a ride back to the center of town.

: Yeah. And I heard about Kathy… 

: Morgan’s now considering Emma a missing person. They’ve started the investigation. 

: Do you think Kathy and Emma were together last night?

: I wouldn’t know.

: Emma must have also been… 

Did anything really happen to Emma? Too much is happening, it’s getting too confusing.

: She’ll be fine. 

: There’s a lot we can do ourselves. Let’s go meet Morgan. Want to come along?

: I should head over to Emma’s place. Sarah is getting worried.

: That sounds good.

: Matthew, thanks for lending me your car. 

: Huh? Oh that’s mine?

Basically, he hadn’t noticed it.

: Nozz gave me the keys. 

: Come on, I’ll drive you home.

: It’s alright. My place is close-by. I feel like walking there anyway.

: Alright. If anything happens call me.

The last words Kathy said as she screamed.

“Stop.”

What’s the connection beween Emma and Kathy?

Something happened to Emma, no doubt about that. What we don’t know is if she’s still alive.

Now we're heading for the Sherif's office. We've also got our first scheduled event at 8 in the evening. Our priority now is to find where everyone is on the first day so we can question as many people as we can. If you liked Twin Peaks and Deadly Premonition it shouldn't be that hard to guess what the town will do next. Anyway, next update will be this weekend or next week depending on how busy my schedule gets.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 8, 2014

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

NeilPerry posted:

Of course I’m translating them as more than what they’re saying but I think people prefer that.

Yeah, definitely. Thanks :)

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Oh. I didn't realize you just... waited 4 hours after posting in the Sandcastle before diving right into this. Might want to go back there and announce the thread is live or whatever. Here's a quote of what I said about your test post, in case you missed it:

ElTipejoLoco posted:

It looks good so far. It does feel a little short for an update, and it's a little hard to tell what the differences between some of the screenshots are, specifically the ones where the player character's on the bed or examining random things in his room.

Maybe add a little bit more text describing what movements the character's taking before transcribing the descriptions of the examined objects, like: "Examining the bookcase makes John Doe pick up and leaf through one of the books. The book and page he opens the book to change with each chapter/day." or "What's-his-face examines his wristwatch/rubs his eyes." or etcetera. Could also be supplemented with short gifs in cases like the dog petting.

Looking forward to reading it. Was Suda51 involved with the game? Watching the intro and the tone of the game (including being able to examine something you can't use until the plot advances) feels pretty Flower, Sun, Rain-like, but I didn't spot his name or pseudonym in the opening credits.
If you do go for gifs later, or retroactively shove them into your posts, I'd recommend GoonCam since it seems the Tech Support Fort and the rest of the subforum are quite fond of it. The later posts seem to get a little better at showing movement at the cost of an overabundance of screenshots, but I think that might be more due to the movements being full body than just... wrist in front of face? Or whatever that was in the first update. Also, there's a stray "what" at the end of your third prologue update.

Good luck. I probably won't have a lot to say about this game until the LP's over, but maybe slow down with the updates if you've got things like chest pains happening. It also gives readers a chance to separate the screenshot heavy updates with their own posts so as to ease loading (or at least shorten scrollbars per page viewed).

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Oh. I didn't realize you just... waited 4 hours after posting in the Sandcastle before diving right into this. Might want to go back there and announce the thread is live or whatever. Here's a quote of what I said about your test post, in case you missed it:

If you do go for gifs later, or retroactively shove them into your posts, I'd recommend GoonCam since it seems the Tech Support Fort and the rest of the subforum are quite fond of it. The later posts seem to get a little better at showing movement at the cost of an overabundance of screenshots, but I think that might be more due to the movements being full body than just... wrist in front of face? Or whatever that was in the first update. Also, there's a stray "what" at the end of your third prologue update.

Good luck. I probably won't have a lot to say about this game until the LP's over, but maybe slow down with the updates if you've got things like chest pains happening. It also gives readers a chance to separate the screenshot heavy updates with their own posts so as to ease loading (or at least shorten scrollbars per page viewed).

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I just wanted to use the prologue so I could see what I could change. Everything from this point should be a bit more structured and I'll also take more time for each update. I'll also definitely try to do something with gifs, but I didn't feel as if it was very necessary until now since there's very little action going on, but I'll try and limit the screenshots anyway.

Also, I'm sorry about the sandcastle thing. I tend to get a bit carried away when I start a new thing. It also didn't help that I was out of meds and was drinking a lot of coffee instead, hence the chest pains you apparently found out about.

I'll also look into whether Suda had anything to do with it. It's not impossible considering he worked at Human Entertainment on things like Twilight Syndrome but I think he left right before this game.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 8, 2014

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
I never got into the whole Deadly Premonition thing (Mostly because I didn't have a console to play it on!) but this is already looking really interesting and seeming unexpectedly complex for a playstation title.

Can't wait to see where this goes, wether into crazy territory or into intriguing murder she wrote territory.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ObMeiste posted:

I never got into the whole Deadly Premonition thing (Mostly because I didn't have a console to play it on!) but this is already looking really interesting and seeming unexpectedly complex for a playstation title.

Can't wait to see where this goes, wether into crazy territory or into intriguing murder she wrote territory.

Supergreatfriend's Deadly Premonition VLP is probably the best Let's Play I've ever seen. It's well worth the time. You can find it here: http://lparchive.org/Deadly-Premonition

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
These are some of the worst goddam authority figures ever. Carl Winslow decides to drag along our protagonist, after said protagonist admitted he didn't know much about the victim, then realizes that he can't actually have the kid go into the room. So he abandons him in the hallway, where he is then acosted by a "not that kind of counselor but I do it for funsies apparently" who then proceeds ro break client-patient confidentiality to some random kid. Also love the smug "we only call it the supernatural because people refuse to accept it as part of the natural world." :fap:

And they straight up murdered Kathy right there. You tell a doctor no and they go ahead and do it anyway that's malpractice. Hopefully our protagonist will testify for the family against Grover Hospital, and this game will have a somewhat happy ending as the family is awarded millions in damages.

... Wait. Grover built a hospital!? EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Update 5: Start of the investigation

We’ve now been teleported to the Sherif’s office. We can find out some more information here so let’s get to it.

: Excuse me.

: Oh, Matthew! Did Morgan ask you to come here?

: Yup.

Mary Lou: She’s the receptionist. She’s heavily into plants so she loves to put them around the office. Morgan isn't very appreciative of her hobby though.

: Winona was just here. She seemed very concerned about Emma.

: Where’s Morgan?

: Go through that door and enter the first door on the right. 

: Thanks.

: Be sure to knock first!

: He’s very strict about things like that. It gets on his nerves.

I wonder if she has any more information, she didn’t really tell us anything new.

: What’s wrong? If you want to ask about the incident you should go see Morgan. 

Alright then, at least she’s good at keeping confidentiality.

First door on the right.

*knock knock*

: Come in.

: Ah, Matthew! I’m sorry for leaving you behind at the hospital earlier. 

At least we get a drat apology

: It’s alright.

I swear Matthew, you are far too meek.

: We’ve decided to consider Emma missing. We've started the formal investigation. 

: I know. Winona told me.

: Let’s go over yesterdays events one more time. You saw Emma at the lakeside at around 7 in the evening, correct? 

: Yes. I tried talking to her but she said she wanted to be alone and left. She looked absent-minded. That’s the last I saw of her. 

: About Kathy… You said something was strange about her.

: Hmm…

: You think there’s a connection with Emma’s disappearance?

: Look, Matthew, leave this to the police. 

: I know, but let me help anyway. I can’t just sit around and do nothing.

: I get that, but…

: Hudson, how did it go?

Hudson Rang: A taciturn man. Morgan considers him indispensable as a partner. He’s the one who supervises the detention cells.

: Emma’s mother is in shock, she’s in no state to talk any sense. 

: Well then…

: Other than that, there’s someone who saw Emma around 10 last evening. 

: Who’s that?

Hudson gives Matthew a suspicious look.

: Don’t mind him.

: It's Mel Austin.

: Mel?!

: That delinquent, huh?

: He supposedly saw Emma while he was walking to the bar. 

: He called out to her but she didn’t reply. Mel didn’t return home that night.

: Where’s he now?

: He’s in the interrogation room.

: Alright!

: Matthew, if you want to find out more about how Kathy was found you should see Cohen. He was the first on the scene.

: Okay. 

: I understand you’re worried about Emma, but don’t get too involved. If anything happens call me right away. 

Why the hell do you keep telling Matthew all these things if you don’t want him involved?!

I’m glad that whole conversation only took 2 minutes. That means we have some time left to look around the office they just carelessly left us in.

I say that but actually there’s nothing to do here except checking the desk.

I wonder if there’s anything here concerning the investigation. 

Then again, Morgan knows I’m here. He wouldn’t let anything like that lying around.

You’re assuming he’s competent, Matthew. Also are we to assume he literally gives up looking because he thinks that? Let’s just get out, we’ve got places to be.

Mizzurna Falls bulletin board
 -> News
     Town messages

We can check the noticeboard in the entry hall for any news concerning the village.

There’s a newspaper article from the Colorado Press

This is just the same as the intro. So let’s go to the messages

Mizzurna Falls bulletin board
     News
 -> Town messages

Tragedy struck our town this morning. Father Barton’s daughter, Kathy, was found in in the forest. She died soon after being brought to the hospital. My daughter Emma is also missing. We’re convening today to discuss forming a search party. City council members are expected to meet up at the church at 1 PM today.
— Steve Roland

We have some time before then. Let’s look around the office some more. There’s a waiting room kind of thing on the right.

There’s something on the floor here.

: Excuse me, there’s a map on the floor here.

: Oh, it’s still there? I thought I cleaned the whole place. 

: It looks like a tourist map.

: You can have it if you want it. We have quite a few of those. 

: …Okay, I’ll take it. 

We’ve got a map now! This is super important as you’ll soon find out. Now we can finally get out of this place.

The camera isn’t very intelligent. Let’s just get in the car.

There’s our trusty VW! It’s not exactly the kind of car I’d associate with Matthew but I’m kind of partial to them myself.

Let’s bring up the map so you guys can get a feel for the scale here.

We’re at the sherif’s star right now and right now we need to go to Cohen’s place.

*vroom vroom* (Also insert me knocking against a bunch of geometry.)

: Hey Matthew, how’s it going?

: Eeuuhm…

Couenn Strasberg: He’s the one who found Kathy. He lives  in a lodge near the forest and keeps an eye on the area for Morgan. 

: You’re here to ask me about this morning, right?

: Yeah… I was wondering if you knew anything about Emma. 

: Come in.

: Want something to drink?

: No, I’m fine. 

: Let me tell you about last night first.

: As usual, I went out into the forest last night. But I noticed something strange.

: There wasn't any wind, and it was dead quiet.

: But the moment the clock struck 12 everything suddenly switched over. The wind started blowing and a thick mist appeared in the moonlight. 

: And that doesn’t happen often?

: I’ve lived here for a long time, but what happened yesterday was very peculiar.

: I woke up early this morning and got anxious all of a sudden. So I went into the forest. 

: And then you found Kathy? 

: Hm. 

: Was Emma with her?

What the hell kind of question is that?

: I found Kathy in front of a big tree close to a burned out campfire. 

: A campfire? You mean she wasn’t by herself? 

: That’s how it looked like.

: Maybe she was meeting up with someone in the forest and then got attacked by a bear.

If there were two people in the forest last night, why were they there in the first place? 

That’s all we’re getting out of Cohen. It’s also about time we go see what Winona is up to.

: Thank you for your time.

: First things first, we should find out what Kathy’s cause of death is. 

: After that we can figure out what she was doing in the forest. 

: Oh and Matthew.

: I’m sure Emma is still alive.

Next up, we go see Winona and check out the church meeting.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 13, 2014

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
We're never going to get a half-decent explanation for why the authorities are letting (ENCOURAGING) a high-schooler tromp all over an open investigation like this.

The goddamn Police secretary (desk sergeant, maybe?) is the most competent person so far, and if I wasn't already convinced that we are somehow the killer (in either the Matthew or THE PLAYER IS KILLERMAN sense, take your pick), I'd suspect her.

What I'm saying is thank you for updating.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
The mystery deepens, bit by bit...

I guess Couenn's name was aiming at Cohen? Anyway, I was wondering earlier if the imminent return of Twin Peaks (YAY!) is going to raise interest in games like this & Deadly Premonition. Guess we'll see.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Well, looks like there some hint to something supernatural going on with that strange weather.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Ghostwoods posted:

Anyway, I was wondering earlier if the imminent return of Twin Peaks (YAY!) is going to raise interest in games like this & Deadly Premonition. Guess we'll see.

All I can say that it was just a happy coincidence on my part.

RickVoid posted:

The goddamn Police secretary (desk sergeant, maybe?) is the most competent person so far, and if I wasn't already convinced that we are somehow the killer (in either the Matthew or THE PLAYER IS KILLERMAN sense, take your pick), I'd suspect her.

I can't spoil the rest of the game because I haven't played it, but meek little Matthew does something weird at the end of day 1 that makes me think there really is some other side to the guy.

That or the Japanese aren't always very good at writing. I mean, thus far the people barely have any real personality, but luckily that changes somewhere past the halfway point of day 1. It's something that tends to be endemic to Japanese writing. A lot of the personality is coded in small things that basically act as markers to tell you what kind of person the character is. The problem with that is that the way they say something or the actual message they're communicating doesn't really change with it. At least, that's my perception of it. It's kind of like a loophole through the old "show don't tell" adage, where you're turning something that's essentially "telling" into a "showing". I might be entirely wrong with this, and I've been shown to be wrong when it comes to some of my biases concerning Japan before, but either way it's a very annoying part of Japanese writing. A good example would be in novels where you have no visual feedback, and a character uses the particle "wa" at the end of a sentence only to denote that she is female. It's not how people speak in real life, it's a construct made specifically for fiction writing. I kind of feel that it comes at the cost of more clever writing. (A good example of it being done right is Twilight Syndrome. Everyone speaks like real people, and you actually get a real feel for the kind of dynamic that's present in the group of teenagers you play as simply through the way dialogue flows between them.)

Also, I can't be more specific with terms like desk sergeant because the Japanese is pretty vague. I already went out on a limb with "city council members" because that's the only logical thing the message could mean. Although, judging from how official translations basically already do that, I guess it can't hurt or me to make up some things even when they're not specified.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 14, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if ancient local legend is actually going to figure into this, or if the town just has its own weird past.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I kind of want one of these games to come out where the entire crime that is being investigated is completely mundane, but everyone our increasingly frustrated investigator runs into and interacts with is utterly convinced that something supernatural is going on. Except for the murderer, he's completely freaked out that he's surrounded by wackadoos and by the time you catch him he's more than happy to go with you if it means you're both getting the gently caress out of Dodge.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Apologies for the delay. I got set back due to academic obligations. I basically had to put all my brain power into figuring out a good subject for my master thesis so there wasn’t much time left for translating or even playing the game. Hopefully I’ll be able to streamline my workflow a bit better from now on. 

So last time we gathered some information at the sherif’s office and went to visit Cohen. Next on the agenda is the church gathering, but since we have some time before that we’ll go visit Emma’s parents for more clues. In fact, Winona should be there right now if I remember correctly.

*knock knock*

: Matthew, what’s the matter?

: Please come in. Winona is also here.

: Matthew… 

Steve Rowland: Emma’s father and this town’s mayor. He regrets not noticing Emma’s internal turmoil.

: Sarah has been like this since this morning.

I find some of these to be difficult to translate. The textual format allows me to omit them but it feels slightly unprofessional to do so. I might come back and fix some of these when I revisit it after I’m finished but at the moment please don’t get too annoyed.

: Why is this... Why is that girl…

: Sarah…

Sarah Rowland: Emma’s mother. She has fallen into a heavy depression from the moment her daughter went missing. 

: Sarah, don’t worry too much.

: The only thing we can do right now is believe she’ll turn up. 

: Emma…

: Uuuu… uuuuu…

: Thank you, Matthew. You’re right. We can’t let ourselves get too depressed. 

: … Emma might be somewhere out there, waiting for our help. 

: I want to help Morgan find her. 

: Could you let me look around Emma’s room?

Matthew is at least taking his role of self-appointed detective very seriously.

: NO! Don’t go into her room! 

: But Sarah….

: Matthew, I’d like to be able to help, but please give us some time. 

: I can’t let anyone in her room until Sarah has calmed down. 

That’s… very flimsy reasoning.

: I understand...

: Could you tell me more about how Emma was acting yesterday?

: Emma came home at around 8 in the evening. We talked a little then. 

: About what?

: She talked about how Christmas is a holy day, and that there must be wonderful forces at work on a day like that.

: Emma said that?

: Yeah. Then she said she was tired and she went into her room to sleep.

Note here that she went to sleep at 8 PM in the evening on Christmas Eve. I wonder how much the writer understood what Christmas is like for Americans (not that I have any first hand experience with that). IN Japan at least, Christmas is more about couples and eating KFC.

: I heard at the sherif’s office that Mel saw Emma at around 10 in the evening. 

: He saw Emma? Do you mean she snuck out?

: She must have.

: I can’t believe it. 

We can talk to him again after that

: Matthew, thanks you for your support. It means a lot to us.

Let’s go talk to the crazy mom trope. I doubt she’ll be talking much sense, but at least we can try to comfort her a bit.

: Sarah, try to cheer up a little. 

: Tank you… Matthew…

: Sarah…

: I wonder when Kathy’s funeral is… Do you know?

: I don’t. 

: Ah…

Lets talk to her one more time for the sake of completeness.

: Uuuu…. uuu…. Emama, where on earth are you?

I think that’s all we’re getting out of Emma’s parents. Let’s talk to Winona and get out of here. It’s abouttime for that church meeting.

: Matthew.

: You doing alright?

: I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.

: What’s on your mind?

: Matthew… Do you love Emma?

: Yes, I do. 

: I think Emma feels the same way about you.

: What’s this all of a sudden?

: It’s nothing. 

: Dad forbade me to go outside at night. 

: It can’t be helped I suppose. 

: I understand my dad’s reasoning so I can’t complain, but I’m not a kid. I don’t see why he needed to set a curfew. 

: Ah well.

: Hey, Matthew.

: If you’re heading back could you drop my off at my house?

->Drive Winona home
Refuse

: Thanks.

She’ll be walking right behind us now, and as usual she has nothing new to say if we talk to her.

: Thanks for driving me back. You know the way, right? 

Let’s head out.

: Thanks again.

: You sure you’re alright?

: I went to the high school library with Emma yesterday.

: Yesterday?

: She was reading some difficult book. 

: Do you remember the title of the book?

: Only that it was on the highest shelf. I think it was something on philosophy. 

: I saw her taking the book. I remember it well. 

: A book on philosophy?

: The fact that Emma disappeared and the way she acted yesterday… I think there’s a meaning to all of it. 

: It’s as if she was being guided by something.

:…

: It’s as if I’m having a terrible dream. 

: Mr. Ringwald.

: Hey there Matthew.

: Winona, come to the shop when you’re done!

: Alright, I’ll be right there. 

: Well, I’ll be going. Thanks again, Matthew.

We can now add the library book on our list of clues we will have to investigate. But no time for that now, we have a meeting to get to.

As you can see on the map, it’s a ways off, and it’s in fact on the highest point of the map. Here are some pictures I took of the lovely scenery.

I do quite enjoy the mountains.

And so did the writer of this game, as I’ll get into later after a couple more updates.

We’re pretty early so there’s a ton of parking space left.

St. Peter's Church

Yeah we’re early, but we can expect more people coming in while we talk to the people currently present. There’s a nun on our left we can talk to.

I will pray for you, child. If there’s ever anything on your mind just come ask me to pray for you and something good will certainly happen.
Amen.

We can also talk to this strange guy here. You'll see him around town sometimes. He lives in room 202 at the Motel.

I wish that I will get a human girlfriend next year. *Mumble mumble*

Uuuuuh.

: Father Barton, hello. 

: Matthew.

: My condolences…

: Thank you very much.

: What a painful thing this all is. 

: Ever since I took her in 12 years ago I have loved that child as if she were my own. 

: From the moment I first set eyes on that child I made a vow to myself. I vowed that I would help her find happiness. 

: But now she is dead, and Emma is missing.

: God can truly be cruel at times. All I can do now is pray. 

: What was that girl doing in the forest that night? 

: Perhaps I never truly understood that girl. 

: When is her funeral being held?

: I’ve sent out the message that we’re holding it tomorrow at 9:30 in the morning. 

: I would like to put her at peace soon, so she can rest by God’s side. 

: Matthew, will you pray for that poor child?

I have to hand it to Matthew though. He’s pretty composed about all of this.

Someone else came in while we were talking.

: Sammuel, do you have a moment?

: Who are you?

: My name is Matthew William. I was with Morgan when he came to see Kathy.

: Oh, that was you? 

: I’d like to know what happened in that room.

: You mean when Kathy passed away? 

: Yeah.. All I know is that Kathy regained consciousness all of a sudden and started screaming right before she died. 

: Well, to put it simply, her death was brought on by shock. 

: You’ve heard that she was attacked by an animal, correct?

: I believe Kathy experienced something traumatic that evening. 

: The memory of that experience was probably triggered by something. 

: What kind of trigger?

: It could be any number of things.

: Perhaps it was the falling of snow from the roof, or seeing Morgan’s face. It could be anything that was in the room at that time. 

That… seems like a pretty big clue right there.

: So if I have it right, you, Morgan, Father Barton and James were in that room at the time, right?

: A nurse was also present. 

: A nurse?

: The head nurse in fact. She’s in the nurse center.

: Will that be all? I’m pretty busy. 

: Yes. Thank you for your time. 

More people are coming in.

: Hmmm, a lot of people are gathering here today. 

This guy isn’t really talkative.

: Matthew, have you come to pray? Please pray for Emma…

I think I heard Morgan coming in.

: Matthew, did you see Cohen?

: I asked him about this morning. 

: And?

: He says it’s unlikely she was alone that night. Emma could have been with her. 

: She could have. The most logical explanation is that they went camping in the forest and got attacked by a bear. 

: Except Emma hasn’t been found yet. 

: That’s the problem. That’s what’s making this case so complicated.

: It looks like we’ll be talking about more than just the bear search. We’ll talk later. Shouldn’t you be leaving?

: Do bears really show up this time of the year?

: Up till now the bears around here have always gone into hibernation, but sometimes a bear will fail to stock up on food. 

: They tend to get stressed and become dangerous. It isn’t strange for them to come out and attack people. 

: If Emma and Kathy were together that night then…

: The thing is though, bears don’t eat people. The bear only attacked Kathy. 

: If Emma was also attacked by the bear then she couldn’t have been too far away from where I found Kathy. 

: If you find anything tell Morgan about it, alright?

: Matthew, are you doing okay?

: I’m fine. I’m more worried about Winona. 

: She doesn’t like to show any weakness, does she. 

: Please, try and keep an eye on her.

: Of course.

: She was a bit frustrated though.

: Ah, the curfew right?

: She says she isn’t a child.

: She is though. No matter how old she becomes, she’ll always be a child to her parents. No matter how much she complains.

: Anyway, the meeting is going to start soon. You can’t sit in so you better leave. 

: Matthew, we’re going to start so would you please leave now?

Dutiful Morgan will not let us sit in, but perhaps he won’t notice us sneaking into the adjacent room.

There’s a little window above the door. Maybe we can use those boxes to take a look inside.

: Can I have your attention please?

: So, we’re talking about a murder here?

: It’s possible.

Sammuel Grouver: The director of Grouver Hospital. He treated Kathy when she was brought in. He has a bit of a difficult personality and doesn’t particularly exude reliability. 

: It’s true that there were strange wounds on her neck, but they weren’t the cause of death. 

: So what was? 

: It was shock.

: Shock? But she died way after she got attacked!

: She was very weak. 

: It’s hard to know what exactly, but she must have had a flashback of the attack.

: She was attacked by a bear, right?

: Like we’ve been saying over and over again, we can’t be sure she was only attacked by a bear.

: All we know is that she has wounds inflicted by some kind of animal. 

: Everyone, the important facts are that Kathy was attacked by an animal in the forest and that presently, Mayor Rowland’s daughter Emma is missing. 

: We will be holding a search party in the forest. I’d like to request everyone participate if possible.

: I would like the men to meet by the shed at 3:30 PM tomorrow. It will be safer to conduct the search during the day. 

: Mayor Rowland?

: My daughter might be somewhere out there, helpless and in pain.

: So I would like everyone to…

: Uuu…uu…

: ...

: Emma… I’m certain Emma is still alive.

: Uuuuuuuuuuuu..

: Are there any more questions?

: According to Sammuel, we know for certain that Kathy was assaulted by an animal. 

: And…

: It’s hard to accept, but we also cannot rule out the possibility that this is a murder. 

: Please keep your children inside at night. 

: That will be all.

: Kathy was strangled?!

: So that must be the strange thing Morgan mentioned earlier. 

Welp, let’s get the hell out of here then before they realize I heard everything.

Who the hell are you.

Good day! Now please don’t get in my way. 

Wait what? Nevemrind, let’s just get our car.

Oh

Well that’s unfortunate.hu

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 28, 2014

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
What the hell? Did that guy just steal your car?!

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Ghostwoods posted:

What the hell? Did that guy just steal your car?!

It has actually merged together with the truck.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

NeilPerry posted:

It has actually merged together with the truck.

Ah, I see. That makes more sense :)

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Oh, I'm glad this isn't dead. I really like LPs of things which were never in English; it always feels so... voyeuristic, somehow.
One thing though; "forest" as in a woodland area has only one R in it. Forrest Kaysen however, has two.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

The_White_Crane posted:

Oh, I'm glad this isn't dead. I really like LPs of things which were never in English; it always feels so... voyeuristic, somehow.
One thing though; "forest" as in a woodland area has only one R in it. Forrest Kaysen however, has two.

No idea how I did that, so thanks! Evernote is a bit fickle with pointing out mistakes

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of all things to happen in a church on Christmas Day I wouldn't think a murder inquest would be one of them.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 2, 2014

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I'd like to quickly address the speed at which I'm updating. I hope people aren't too annoyed by it, it's just that the game's saving system (which advances time) combined with its ruthless time scheduling makes it very difficult to get as much as possible in a single playthrough. Now add the fairly frequent crashes and you can see why I'm having trouble churning out these updates in an orderly fashion. However, I think I've figured out a way to alleviate the difficulty somewhat, though only time will tell if this won't backfire on me as well. In any case, I want people to see this as my first foray into LPs and judge it accordingly. Things will get smoother eventually, and I already have a bunch of other games I might do after this one (Including some of Suda51's Twilight Syndrome games).

Now there's a question I want to ask the people reading this. There are actually some action scenes in this game. I won't spoil the nature of these, but I wonder if people would prefer to see the important parts GIFed or rather have me upload the entire sequences on youtube.

EDIT: To clarify, missing a single event or throwaway conversation can lock you out of an entire storyline. I have to say I enjoy the avant-gardeness of it all but it's definitely not an enjoyable thing to micromanage. It could be possible that you were only supposed to see different storylines in each playthrough and figure things out that way, instead of the 100%ing I'm doing right now. I could always compile all the events necessary for the Good Ending in a separate, much shorter list for those who don't want to wade through all the side-stuff, but that's for after I'm finished.

NeilPerry fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 2, 2014

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
I think it is quite understandable given everything that goes into it, so I'm sure most people will make some for patience here. Not to mention you don't owe anyone hurried updates etc.
I'm sure once we get deeper in there will be more to discuss and keep the thread going on (Although I've not helped any there)

As for video or gif I think with all the work you're already doing for the LP, you should pick whatever is the easiest option!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

NeilPerry posted:

Now there's a question I want to ask the people reading this. There are actually some action scenes in this game. I won't spoil the nature of these, but I wonder if people would prefer to see the important parts GIFed or rather have me upload the entire sequences on youtube.

No need to apologise about your update rate. You're putting in a lot of work for the free entertainment of random internet strangers. You owe us nothing :)

With regard to the action scenes, it's entirely your call. If one of the options is easier for you, go with that one!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think it'd be fun to see a video or two every now and then, like I see these navigation screenshots or one driving the car and wonder just how that looks in action, like is it kludgy or does it play smooth? And getting to hear some of the music might be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Glazius posted:

Of all things to happen in a church on Christmas Day I wouldn't think a murder inquest would be one of them.
I'm pretty sure the church is just being used as a large gathering space the same way most 90s television portrayed town halls. Unless one of the icons on the map means stands for "town hall" or "school auditorium", it's probably safe to say that a church's pews would at least save people the trouble of setting up enough folding chairs for the citizenship.

NeilPerry posted:

I think you should choose gifs when there's no important sound cues, and YouTube otherwise. Without having heard the game beyond the intro video, it's kind of difficult to tell if the latter will come up, though.

• Locked thread