Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Space-Pope posted:

it was called msn gaming zone

i remember using it to play asheron's call

oh yeah, sweet thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Daynab posted:

cyberspace

I still see the cyber- prefix around way too much though.

Antone Gonsalves posted:

Young adults clueless on cybersecurity profession
Computerworld syndicated "news".

Hong Kong Office of the Government Chief Information Officer posted:

When necessary, we will adopt necessary measures timely to defend any cyber attacks.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 6, 2014

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

that's no excuse, i'm only 23 and I still managed to get a full 90's internet experience in. i have fond memories of playing Doom on my dad's lap when I was 5 with my mom disapprovingly shaking her head off to the side and look at me now

my dad had a case with a turbo button and the mhz display right up until like 2005, he kept finding ways to connect the mhz display to modern (at the time) CPU's that ran at like 2.5GHz and so just pegged the thing at 99 all the time. he likes lots of lights and blinky things.

guys this thread is making me realize how loving weird and broken my dad is thanks

lol if ur dad knew how to compute

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

my dad had a case with a turbo button and the mhz display right up until like 2005, he kept finding ways to connect the mhz display to modern (at the time) CPU's that ran at like 2.5GHz and so just pegged the thing at 99 all the time. he likes lots of lights and blinky things.

guys this thread is making me realize how loving weird and broken my dad is thanks

the display isn't hooked up to the cpu in any way, lol, it's just set by a fuckload of jumpers on the back

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

MrMoo posted:

I still see the cyber- prefix around way too much though.

its been replaced with "e" in most situations

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

our brave cyber-warriors

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

drat kids and their e-sex and cyber-cigarettes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DNova posted:

the display isn't hooked up to the cpu in any way, lol, it's just set by a fuckload of jumpers on the back

oh, I always thought he was some kind of technology wizard because he's an electrical engineer and is always making little microcontroller circuit thingies for his nerd projects. thanks for taking the magic out of my childhood jerks.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

E xactly

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
who's the webmaster here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

its been replaced with "e" in most situations

nah that's at least ten years old. now cyber- and i- and e- have all been replaced by dropping an e or other vowel from the name

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DNova posted:

a fuckload of jumpers

mods?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

DNova posted:

a bridgeload of jumpers

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

printers that made words by pushing little pins into a strip of coasted plastic hundreds of times a second

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

here's 90s wolverine making a sammich

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

logan, no

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

CARBS ARE LITERALLY POISON
                                       \

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Sagebrush posted:

nah that's at least ten years old. now cyber- and i- and e- have all been replaced by dropping an e or other vowel from the name

DNova posted:

a fuckload of jumprs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

duTrieux. posted:

here's 90s wolverine making a sammich

I like this gif

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

nah, that's from 2008, now the hot trend is adding an -ly sound to the end of the name. seriously the number of registered .ly domains has exploded.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote is not edit :downs:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

nah, that's from 2008, now the hot trend is adding an -ly or -er sound to the end of the name. seriously the number of registered .ly domains has exploded.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

I like this gif

there's something viscerally satisfying about the thought of wolverine using his claws to slice up a salamé

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lmao

also i only learned this year that jubilee is meant to be chinese??? i had no loving idea at all.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a retinal imac op

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this poster is on my wall

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this is pretty 90s, op

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i remember these being great

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's just like

it's just like

a cybermall

hey hey

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

i remember these being great

was the nose bubble gum? i always loved terrible ice cream bars with awful bubble gum in them that would lose flavor in 2 seconds

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

mishaq posted:

was the nose bubble gum? i always loved terrible ice cream bars with awful bubble gum in them that would lose flavor in 2 seconds

yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
flavor stripe gum is the best gum imo

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

rotor posted:

flavor stripe gum is the best gum imo

for like 10 seconds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mishaq posted:

awful bubble gum that was frozen hard as steel and then lost flavor 2 seconds after you chipped a tooth on it, you mean

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

szidev posted:

for like 10 seconds

fond memories of getting a pack of that stuff when i got to go to toys r us, and consuming the entire pack in about 5 minutes jamming a couple sticks in my mouth at a time and spitting them out when they lost flavor almost instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

mishaq posted:

jamming a couple sticks in my mouth at a time

• Locked thread