Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The best screensaver behind AfterDark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i wish there was a pointcast clone today that just had ~pretty~ rotating screens of USA today type poo poo, a page of local weather, page national weather, page sports headlines or scores etc, page world news, page national news, page local news, just in a big loop, that looked good on a 55" monitor that i could use as a dummy when i dont have content i want to run on a screen that should be showing poo poo 24/7

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i wish there was a pointcast clone today that just had ~pretty~ rotating screens of USA today type poo poo, a page of local weather, page national weather, page sports headlines or scores etc, page world news, page national news, page local news, just in a big loop, that looked good on a 55" monitor that i could use as a dummy when i dont have content i want to run on a screen that should be showing poo poo 24/7

please contact my friends at Industry Weapon www dot industryweapon dot com

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
okay and free or cheap is also a benefit, this isnt for anything public or worth money

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
when they skip right past the "Free" and "Lite" versions direct to "Request a Quote" that means it is out of my league lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

when they skip right past the "Free" and "Lite" versions direct to "Request a Quote" that means it is out of my league lol

they are professionals that provide professional digital signage management. also their office is in pittsburgh

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

they are professionals that provide professional digital signage management. also their office is in pittsburgh

cool, i definitely am not in need of professional digital signage management.

just a pointcast clone would be cool.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

cool, i definitely am not in need of professional digital signage management.

just a pointcast clone would be cool.

this may suit your needs http://panic.com/statusboard/

from our long time friends at panic!, who make great software for ios and osx

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

drat, only for iOS.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
from yesterpage, but

Millstone posted:

AT commands on my modem

loving THIS.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

graph posted:

they finally got android widget functionality on ios, thats adorable

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
*plonk*

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

tamagotchi

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
vrml

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

how many ppl itf know who kibo is without googling

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh man, the lol's

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sniep posted:

give me one of these

please

holy poo poo this packaging is genius

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

is he still alive

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

wasn't this one of the feeds for the ~active desktop channels~ or am i thinking of something different

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

chmods please posted:

wasn't this one of the feeds for the ~active desktop channels~ or am i thinking of something different

yep and it owned

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pointcast and audiogalaxy: two things that are now long dead that have not really been replaced

wit
Jul 26, 2011

veilo posted:

This program is shareware!

i have used trial versions of mirc continuously since 1995 meaning I've been nagged by that screen longer than many adults have been alive. i'll register on my deathbed

i miss silver surfer to describe outrageous old people who were even using this internet thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

realplayer

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

he really was the internet before the internet knew what it was

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it really whips the llamas rear end

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm reading this guy's website and it's just "Kibo/Spot/Potsie goes up to [Famous Person] and does [Wacky Thing]!" repeated thousands of times. What is the joke here? What was a thing that he did that was very funny and memorable?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

madeupfred posted:

I'm reading this guy's website and it's just "Kibo/Spot/Potsie goes up to [Famous Person] and does [Wacky Thing]!" repeated thousands of times. What is the joke here? What was a thing that he did that was very funny and memorable?

he did it decades ago when people were not cognizant of the social networking implications of a pervasive, ubiquitous Internet and nobody even KNEW what a monkey, cheese, or a banana were

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Year of the Linux on the Desktop

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny 290 posted:

he did it decades ago when people were not cognizant of the social networking implications of a pervasive, ubiquitous Internet and nobody even KNEW what a monkey, cheese, or a banana were
What is the deal with Interrobang Cartel?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

non sequitur humor has been a thing for like ever dude

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has Kibo ever done a thing that, in our supremely hosed up post-cognizant-of-the-social-networking-implications-of-a-pervasive-ubiquitous-Internet world, could be considered a joke, or even funny? What is the P-P-P-Powerbook of alt.religion.kibology?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

simplefish posted:

You call Wall's ice cream Good Humor ice cream?

It makes it sound like the consumer is the butt of a cruel joke but shouldn't complain, instead taking it in good humour.

you call Street's ice cream Wall's ice cream?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

larger supermarkets generally stock the Mr Brain's brand of mass-produced human being.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

photoshop, right? i could almost believe it was real, but that's because i still believe england is hobbiton

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

"start-to-crate" as a metric in oldmanmurray reviews

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chum Scandal posted:

"start-to-crate" as a metric in oldmanmurray reviews

i found out about portal of evil from old man murray, and i found out about something awful from portal of evil :shobon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

i found out about portal of evil from old man murray, and i found out about something awful from portal of evil :shobon:

i found out about SA from FARK.COM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

stile sux

• Locked thread