Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I called this in the Flash thread.

Also I laughed to much when Laurel got beaten up because I"m a bad person, also because she didn't seem to know that Oliver and Sara (and Diggle and Roy) are trained killers at this point. She isn't.

Also Ted Grant should be immortal just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

immoral_ posted:

The only problem I have with this bit of the episode, is in the past two seasons Laurel was shown to be a relatively competent fighter. Y'know, for someone who didn't spend 5 years on a Hell Island or stuck with a bunch of Assassins.

Also, I laughed as well, so at least you won't be the only one in hell for it.

She relatively competent, but she clearly wasn't competent enough to know if your blitz attacking someone twice your size go for the crippling blow right away. She's also fight along side Olli who can cover her mistakes.

Roy has also barely shot people with Arrows so far (he did get a bit of training before going crazy) and has mostly been hand to hand fighting them.

Oliver out and out killed like 5 guys this episode.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

deimos posted:

If we're gonna sperg then yes most DAs have badges. They don't usually wear them on a lanyard or anything.

She and her Dad are also idiots. Just tip a patrol cop out the outstanding warrents or call the bounty hunter and tip them off. Of course then we would have missed Luarel getting the crap beaten out of her.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Yes it is, she looks hugely different without her glasses and dye job.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Given that the crossover starts in Arrow I think, it needs to be an episode ahead.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... which famous DC scientist is Felicity's father? Because boy, those foreshadowing signs were in full effect tonight.

He is clearly Will Magnus, as he is the best fit for the show.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rocksicles posted:

Montoya on Gotham is totally pussy whipped too.

Montoya on Gotham should really worry everyone about how women are going to be treated in the DC tv/movie universe. As who though crazy, lesbian stalker was a good idea?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

NutritiousSnack posted:

He has to be raped again and get blamed for it before we get peak Ollie.

Don't remind me about this.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

greatn posted:

Ollie is totally gonna gently caress that guy's wife, right?

My wife said Ollie it totally going to gently caress Katana, she also felt back that Felicity just can't get laid.

Also after reading the AV Club article about that was pretty much about Felicity, I realized that she has caught CWistis and is now kind of in a love quadrangle.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Flash vs The Arrow vs Supergirl next year.

You mean Ollie and Kara in Love

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Burning_Monk posted:

Ras really needs to do more crunches.

Ras, the least in shape person on the show.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Lyla's face when she see's Barry is just great, even better then Diggle face as he was kind of prepared for it. Argus is going to wreak Barry's poo poo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Narciss posted:

Season 1 felt like Batman Begins stretched out into a Television series, they're really mining Batman for all its worth.

Given Oliver's tends to straight up kill people (I think his death count this season is 6) he is a way better fit for the League of Assassins then Batman ever was even though Ras is a Batman villain.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Someone else is coming back.
http://imgur.com/a/isgTC#btt54sE

He just needs to wear the Lakers jacket all the time.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Ah, yeah, I forgot about Corto Maltese. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended with people dying, but I'd just rather believe Oliver is a good enough shot to only shoot extremities.

Even if he only shot extremities, he only fired one shot that was enough to straight up incapacitate then they left the soldiers to bleed out and die of shock. Either way, Oliver is not the most moral person.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

M_Gargantua posted:

So I saw a thing. Emily Bett Rickards in a bathtub in vegas answering fan questions? I couldn't tell if she was drunk or if she's just that ridiculous in her regular life.

But she posed questions back to her fans at the end. One of which was "Who would win a slam poetry competion?". I might love her a little bit now.

I have the biggest crush on Emily Bett Rickards and I'm not afraid to admit it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My wife is so pissed off at this show going full on comic book. She has no idea what's coming in the future.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

But he is not a detective!

Oliver has a power that the detective doesn't, the power to pantry drop. Ra brings Oliver back to life to father an heir with Nyssa.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

thrawn527 posted:

So you're saying another detective wouldn't be able to give Ras an heir with his daughter?

I'm saying Oliver can turn a lesbian.

*I am not saying this will happen or should happen or can even happen in real life*

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I think I like this show too much as I've written the next, next spinoff in my head.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Felicity interacting with herself would be hilariously awkward in every way. So now I want to see that happen.

I don't want to see Felicity on Felicity fanfic so pass.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Ugh, you're right. Nevermind.

Never make the mistake I made of once wonder if there was Orphan Black fanfic, google was not my friend that day.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rhyno posted:

Never in my internet using life has the phrase "I wonder if this show has fan fiction" entered my head.

Because the answer is always yes.

The real phase was "I wonder if this show has horrible fanfic because I've never been exposed to it on SA so it can't exist".

I was wrong.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Making the DCtverse Earth-2 with the JSA is good because the JSA rocks.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Valeyard posted:

Felicities dad is Malcolm Merlyn. It's always Malcolm Merlyn.

Felicity's dad is Robert Queen!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rurea posted:

I'm still very unclear.
Did Vinnie Jones actually get shot both times? Did the bullet just graze him both times? I don't think Diggle is THAT bad of a shot at like 10 feet. Are we supposed to think he has super strong (Brick-like) skin? I'm lost.

I figured it was blanks

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Scyantific posted:

Nable did mention in one interview that I linked that although there would be bad blood between Ra's and Oliver, their relationship could also be seen as one of mentor and student. So maybe once he realizes that Oliver survived (and kills Maseo for it), he's going to push Oliver to exceed some expectation that he set for him when they first met.

Or, I don't know, something about paralleling Batman. :v:

Ra might not kill Maseo as he would understand a blood debt. I could see Ra's being Oliver mentor as he was already the best fight Ra's had in 60 years, so he would want to see what would happen if Oliver was even better.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ville Valo posted:

This guy got torn apart in a blog post: http://geekdad.com/2015/01/danish-archer/

There is nothing like history nerds laughing at LARPs.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

jscolon2.0 posted:

Any Youtube videos of someone doing salmon ladders better than Ollie though?

Some people could as Ammell has said he doesn't do the workout required to do that anymore.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

hcreight posted:

This happened in the CTV preview that's up on spoilertv, but *not* the CW preview.

So go to spoilertv if you want to see an interesting subplot happening next week.

CTV did the better preview, WTF

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bunnyofdoom posted:

Check those images. There seem to be two canaries running around

Thea for Canary.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

I just saw on Facebook they announced some Funco Pop vinyl figures for the show. Ollie, Slade, Sara (you can tell because her costume shows her chest and Laurel's doesn't) and hoodless Ollie.

Great, now I have to buy one of those stupid things.

Oliver also had a decent relationship with that cop in season 1

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My wife spent the whole episode yelling at Laurel given she gets he rear end kicked and is a danger too everyone around her due to her limited training. Roy even had to train for 7 months before Oliver let him go bit he's cool with Laurel.

Also the fact the Det. lance hasn't said in public Oliver is the Arrow makers him dumb.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Jerusalem posted:

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when Ollie asks Laurel to come with him because he can't find Roy, and the whole time they're fighting the bad guys, Diggle is back at the Arrow Cave just standing uselessly around next to Felicity (who I thought quit last week!).

Diggle did say he didn't want to do field work because of his daughter as much anymore so I can accept that

While Laurel is only about the common street this as a fighter, Felicity ranks last sadly.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Diggle is also a semi-active member of ARGUS (and will be fully in the future), I don't think hiding his identity is a big deal.

Also because I want to rip on Laurel more, here's my crazy nerd list of fighters of the Arrowverse.
1)Ra
2)Merlyn, Nyssa, Yao Fei
2b)Oliver and Slade. Both could be better but Oliver won't kill anymore (and mentally may not be able too even if he says so) and Slade hasn't fought anyone without his superpowers in 6 years.
3)Sara, Other high-ranking League members, Digger, Sando
4)Diggle, Other high-ranking ARGUS agents, general League members
5)Roy, Thea, Ted Grant to be nice.
6)Laurel, common street thugs
7)Felicity

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I forgot to add Barry, but he's about a 5. While his superpowers make him a very good fighter, Ollie fight him to a standstill pretty much, he simple doesn't have the skill to go along with the speed.

Also Diggle was clearly going to take the Flagg roll in the Suicide Squad so he's not a bad hand to hand fighter.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Wildcat got his rear end kicked. Honestly, they should have kept him as either a heavyweight boxing or MMA champ to make him a high end fighter.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Oliver randomly snapping some drug deals neck was pretty good.

I also wish this Tommy and Laurel had existed in season one as a better full on couple.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rurea posted:

It seems like Boomerang is kept in a completely separate room so he might not even know Slade was in there with him.

I assume there are a few different bunkers on the island and a guard building that wasn't seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

NecroMonster posted:

I hope Nyssa does end up training Laurel because watching her flail around like an idiot and get he face smashed in over and over isn't enjoyable.

You're wrong and should feel bad about how wrong you are.

greatn posted:

So new power rankings as evidenced by last two episodes: Ras > Oliver > Nyssa > Slade = Merlyn > Dig > Generic Ninja Mook > Thea = Roy > Laurel > Most street toughs and criminals > Wildcat cause he's dead now

Also Felicity's vagina has restorative and inspirational properties, so she needs to get with the Flash so he can run faster and beat reverse flash.

Just for arguments sake, Agent May and Agent Ward could beat all of these but Ras in hand to hand combat, and they wouldn't even beat him working together.

It seems I was very wrong in my Dig rankings earlier and he was holding back because of his baby. He clearly could have dealt with Brink and his gang but somehow let Roy and Laurel do it.

Oliver seriously needs to see a loving shrink at some point. As while he does want to kill Ra's because he lost he also really feels bad about his Dad killing himself on the liferaft. Has he told anyone that secret?

• Locked thread