Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Finances in film and television series drives me loving crazy. Like no one seems to fundamentally understand how just like a company works. Like at all.

It's a corporation, if a corporation goes bankrupt, that does not mean you go bankrupt that's why it's a corporation to protect people's finances.

Like seriously it's just dumb and drives me crazy. Yes, you would lose money if say you owned 100 percent of a companies stock, and you had no money in the bank whatsoever ,but seriously that's not how companies work.

Ugh it drives me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I guess we'll know the killer in what 2 episodes? That sounds about right for Arrow.

Also, guess she's not using her vacation days anymore.

I'll go ahead and call it : Thea

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 9, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Australians get colds man, could of been a Australian with a really bad cold. Or it's someone using a Voice Manipulator which is kind of weird to use if the person knows you.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's actually closer to 9 months, since Diggle you know had a kid. So Thea's been training/being brainwashed by Merlyn for 9 months.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yea that's a good chunk of time , time for Laurel to train, Roy to Train and Thea to train.

Also and this is spoilered in regards to the real Canary I thought they said we'd see in flashbacks this season how she came to be with the League of Assassins?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think for sure they've stated the exact amount of time has passed since the end of Season 2. I just can't remember if it's in the show or by one of the producers.

Another theory that I'm batting around is that Sarah got tired of killing people for the League, left one last time to see Laura and Oliver and knew she was going to be killed and it was Ras .

Which makes sense when you think of the parting words to Oliver.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Oh come the gently caress on seriously, her fingernails. That's what you take away from that whole picture and not her horrible fashion design. I mean seriously Trashbags, who wears trashbags really.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I like they changed Captain Lances haircut he seems older now and sickly to a degree. I'm sure that was what they were going for but something as simple as a hair cut is really interesting.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think it was kind of smart to have Ollie out right state that, also I'll point out that Ollie has actually started to reach out to other people. If you look at how his character arc has moved he's becoming more and more heroic not because of his actions but just because he's surrounded by people he cares about.

I just thought that was really on point him saying " I don't want to die down here" and the other Ollie five years earlier saying " He doesn't care go ahead and shoot him".

It's so far away from this ,also him calling it a Crusade is rather interesting because what's his crusade against?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'll go ahead and call not more than 4 more episodes until we know exactly who killed Sara and Laurel starts to become a vigilante. The Arrow show moves at a breakneck speed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The funniest line of the episode was " When I hold this jacket, I want to do good" or whatever. :stare:

Although at least this Laurel story line will introduce Ted Grant so I am okay with that. Although disappointed he's not older.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, it kind of drives me crazy. It's just like they William S. Burroughed a bunch of financial terms and that's basically it.

Also, why the gently caress Did Laura tell anyone she just assaulted some guy in a alley

" Oh how I got beat up? I got a baseball batted and committed battery on a guy, also I am a prosecutor".

What? Why would you tell anyone you did that. Especially if you are a ADA.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 23, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I won't be satisfied with this season until Oliver sits down with an actual attorney and is like " Yeah.. so all this stuff with the business etc.. that was all corporate sabotage".

Then the lawyer goes to a courthouse and is like " You're honor, look at this poo poo". Then you know the company is dissolved by the courts because seriously it's technology destroyed a city and killed a few thousand people.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That was the best part. 3 People with bows and arrows creep into a place, Diggle just wears a jacket brings a gun.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Actually kind of curious about that final talk Thea and Merlyn had on the phone where he says he'll protect her etc.. sounded like Thea knows Oliver is the Arrow.

Yeah Oliver's reasoning for believing Merlyn was rather thin.

Very disappointed that we at least didn't even get a shot of Ras with the old school comic book look :(.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is such a loving weird picture because seriously how old is her mom suppose to be

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/31/arrow-first-look-at-felicity-smoaks-mom/

Woah, Charlotte Ross is 46 , holy crap she must have access to a Lazarus pit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Oh come the gently caress on. Also who called it that we'd find out who killed Sarah before the season mid finale?

Also, I think that they're going to do a redemption arc for Malcom Merlyn.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 6, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What's up with Oliver's baby hate?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Can't be they met, she did not call him Dad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Actually Green Arrow is super or get's super competent in hand to hand fighting in the books. I am super hoping with the casting of Lady Shiva, that they follow the Arc in the older books where she shows up and just basically almost kills Oliver but leaves him alive so he can go get more training, but instead of it being Oliver it'd be great if it was Laurel, mainly because we could possibly get Richard Dragon in the series and that would be pretty great.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 12, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I like that the thing everyone was bitching about in the thread previously the whole " hey, remember when roy straight up killed that dude?", got addressed.

Also, welp guess Roys not the father.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm actually getting tired of Oliver's holier than thou I know best attitude and it'd be great if his righteous indignation was served right in his non Van Dyke wearing face.

Ugh... it's so difficult to watch every scene with him as he just comes off as a sanctimonious asshat.

Ollie's always been self righteous but it always get's put right back in his face, he's basically Super Liberal Batman.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I hope so because it's getting actualy difficult to watch him interact with other characters and making me dislike him. He's Self Righteous in the comic books but it's tempered by the people specifically Black Canary calling him out on his being a poo poo head.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

" I have to be alone, except for Roy, and Diggle, and my Sister Thea, and Felicity, and.." - Oliver Queen dumbest person on earth.

CW playing the right card with making the Arrow/Flash crossover as immediate as possible and not dragging it out.

What if every Midseason we got a Dual Episode, and what if there were more than 1 show on CW.

That would be amazing.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 20, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I actually like that they seem to really actually be building a good relationship between Oliver and Roy, so that you'd actually believe these two would be friends and care about each other.

Also, they now called him Arsenal which is cool.

Also Sherwood Florist.

Episode was Automatically better as she who will not be named did not appear once in the entire episode.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I am starting to think that the CW just has spare Amell's in cold storage somewhere and when they need a new actor for anything they just thaw one out and put him in front of a camera, because there are now 4 Amell's on CW now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

hcreight posted:

Is that counting Stephen's wife doing a Hart of Dixie guest spot? And if so, who's the fourth?

You've got his cousins 1 who is on The Flash or will be, 1 who is in his own show, you've got Stephen himself, and then one of them is on one of those Vampire shows but I can't remember which one like Diary or something like that has a Amell in it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Robbie was on Tomorrow People & Flash, and the one that was on Vampire Diaries was Stephen himself.

That's what they want you to think.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I kind of wonder which parts of the preview are from Arrow and which are from The Flash.

Also, HOLY poo poo GUYS. Seriously this is amazing, tommorow going to watch THE FLASH team up with GREEN ARROW, then the next night watch the 2nd part.

I really hope that every mid season finale is a cross over. That would be loving the best.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Barry's kind of got a point and I'm not a huge fan of rear end in a top hat Oliver, is it me or are they purposefully setting up Oliver this way?

Cause the last few episodes his assholishness has reached new heights to the point of me just not liking him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also Oliver's a huge loving dickhead as well for being like " Yeah it doesn't work out we don't get the girl".

I dunno I just don't think I can take another season of Oliver Super rear end in a top hat.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It was incredibly lovely advice, that's the whole problem that Arrow has is he's all " My crusade" and all that bullshit about being a lone wolf who doesn't need anybody etc.. etc..

It's just gotten tiring at this point. Something needs to change drastically for the show not to be just depressing Oliver every week. Green Arrow is not Batman.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Wow , pure loving joy from beginning to end. That was loving excellent and now next week is the mid season finales!

There was a lot of poo poo this week, Oliver learning a lesson about who he is, Diggle proposing.

Name Drops!

And they named dropped the Arrow Cave!

Cisco really is just super enthusiatic all of the time.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 4, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, for whatever reason the 2nd half of the seasons have always to me at least been better.

Also, I am still just like super excited to watch it again. Plus Barry suggesting the name change was cool.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think it's interesting as well that a major plot point for Arrow is being solved by someone from Flash.

The teams compliment themselves well, because now when Oliver uses some sort of insane technology like I dunno the bulletproof suit or whatever at the end, it's justifiable that they'd he'd have that technology. The same for the team of Cisco and co. for coming up with computer stuff.

It lets the writers relax and just tell a story.

Also, everyone in the story got screen time and it mattered like no one in the show felt periphery or unneeded. Well maybe Roy, it didn't really make sense for just the Arrow and Roy and the Flash to not show up there.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 4, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This episode is some Silver Age love letter, seriously the bomb in 5 places is classic Flash and the team up itself was perfect. Oliver never got to really fight anyone that much in the entire episode. The Flash just handled it in like 3 seconds which is what always happens when Superman shows up in Gotham.

I thought it pitched the whole idea perfectly , yes they were tropes and we knew they were coming ,but before Captain Boomerang ever spoke I knew what his plan was to handle the Flash.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

His kid currently is how old? 8 years old or older? I know the flash back is before he left, but how long before?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It'd be cool to get a mini "Suicide Squad" w/ Captain Boomerang, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger, those other dudes.. for like the whole episode.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That the fact that Oliver apparently does that all the time in front of Felicity and it's even funnier when you realize that pretty much Felicity probably set the room up so she purposefully put it there to watch him which is fantastic.

Kind of wonder if in future episodes there's going to be a Flash costume in the Arrow Cave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Having Ras straight up kill Oliver would be fantastic. Then he comes back because " Lazarus Pit".

• Locked thread