Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

greatn posted:

Too bad he doesn't know about the metaguantanamo in Central city.

Yeah I was kind of hoping Felicity would walk in talking about how they were able to hold a guy who could literally turn into gas.

I mean there's no need for Ollie to straight out murder the guy in cold blood but I'm disappointed that he didn't shoot him in the shoulder or break his knee caps unlike another suited hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'd agree Laurel/Katie Cassidy gets poo poo on a lot by goon watchers. But I'm more willing to attribute that to goons having that annoying fandom tendency to not understand how a story or plot works, or why shows or movies or books have them.

Laurel gets poo poo because the writers had no idea what to do with her character and then in comes her sister who's competent as the Canary and an equal to Ollie in every way. Katie Cassidy is a much better actress by far but Laurel was dead weight in a show that moves as fast as Arrow does.

bobkatt013 posted:

He was on Torchwood. We do not talk about Torchwood.

Hey the third season of Torchwood was pretty good.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

hcreight posted:

Is that counting Stephen's wife doing a Hart of Dixie guest spot? And if so, who's the fourth?

The Salmon Ladder

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

This isn't, like, him sneaking in and out of alleyways in the dark and then moving on to another mission or something; Ollie's been running around in the same city in broad daylight for two months now. A city with a population of seven million, whose white demographic is less than one percent. He couldn't possibly be more conspicuous! And the longer he does this, the greater the risk that someone will realize he's alive, which (supposedly?) is something Waller wants to avoid, which still begs the question of why she is going to such lengths. A question that, again, the show is not providing any sensible answers for.

Actually rich white guys running around Hong Kong doing crazy poo poo is probably the most realistic thing about the show. As long as he doesn't kill someone in broad daylight or make the papers, which is something that Argus will prevent, nobody's going to give a poo poo about another expat running through the markets.

Waller's willing to invest so much in Ollie because she sees that there's a cold blooded killer in him who's willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Skills can be taught and experience gained but that kind of sociopathic tendency isn't something that can be trained.

Ollie is definitely being used as a precursor to the Suicide Squad and I think we'll eventually see a scene where Waller stops blackmailing people like Ollie or his handler to do her dirty work and straight out just implant bombs into their heads to gain compliance.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

greatn posted:

Oliver isn't just teaming up with Merlyn for expediency, he believes he can be saved. He's really not being a dick this time. He probably should have at least said as much to Felicity, but she hardly let him get a word in edgewise.

He teamed up with Merlyn because he thinks the only way to kill Ras is by learning everything about the man and using the power of DARKNESS since it turns out that the power of 'I'm doing this for Thea' does jack poo poo.

It's going to be so utterly hilarious when Ras guts him a second time.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Daredevil does street crime really well but its obvious what makes it good would never be shown on the CW in the same way that they wouldn't be able to do it on AoS. Its definitely worth watching though if you liked Arrow and the Nolan Batman films.

I think the best part about all these comic book shows is that they're definitely learning off each other and getting much, much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

So, the bad guy from Desperate Housewives has super powers. Cool.

I'm most looking forward to McDonough on the show. Quarles on Justified was just outright brutal and he plays unhinged psychopath really, really well.

poo poo if he plays Damien Darhk as Quarles then the gang is pretty much going to spend the whole season going :gonk:

• Locked thread