Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
I think that if you're frustrated and disappointed that a character died on a TV show then the writers are doing their job well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

hangedman1984 posted:

Not if the reason you are frustrated and disappointed is that the death was poorly written

Just because it's a shocking sucker punch death doesn't mean it was poorly written. I think the only reason y'all are saying that is because there was 0 resolution afterward. We should probably reserve judgment till the next episode at least.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Another small moment I really liked in this episode was when Laurel left Verdant, saying "The last place I should be right now is a bar." I thought that was a really great little character moment that a weaker show wouldn't have bothered with.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Rocksicles posted:

Not sure why DC have decided to not let Arrow have Ted Kord or the others they said no too, when the movie and tv universes are separate. Not making a lick of sense now they have cast a new Flash

Seeing how Ray is turning the Queen Consolidated offices blue tint, it's a little too obvious so far how much they really wanted Ted as BLUE Beetle to Ollie's GREEN Arrow. It really would have been a strong visual theme and possibly tied into the evolution of Ollie's superhero sobriquet.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

nutranurse posted:

Holy crap, that's actually happening next episode? I was thinking that it'd be put off until at least midseason or something! Jeeze.

I love how Arrow's writers know how to pace the show to keep it consistently engaging each week.

Can't wait for more people posting this reaction. It's my favourite thing about people new to the show (which you may not be).

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

STAC Goat posted:

Well, they do a lot of fighting.

But Canary (again, back when I was reading) was legit one of the best in the world. Like "kick Batman's rear end" good. Ollie comparatively was never really up that high if I remember right. They made him a much bigger bad rear end for the show.

Psssh that only puts her near Wesley Willis' level.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Slamhound posted:

Last night: Gorilla Grodd
Tonight: Boxing Glove Arrow

What a time to be alive.

This.

I was a little miffed that Oliver was trying to act like Ted killing someone was unforgivable. Ollie, your body count is way higher man. Slowly dismount from that high horse.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

bobkatt013 posted:

8 years at this point, but I am sure he will find out about him at some point.

He's busy hanging out in Gotham with young Bruce.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, for whatever reason the 2nd half of the seasons have always to me at least been better.

Also, I am still just like super excited to watch it again. Plus Barry suggesting the name change was cool.

Probably because the writers do a good job of threading stories throughout a season and building them up as they go. It's not that the seasons start off weak necessarily. It's just that they're handling things we don't know the significance of until later on.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
The main potential with Kyle was that, as an artist, his lantern creations should have been utterly brilliant and wildly imaginative. They were not, however, and bringing Kyle to the screen would diminish pretty much any possibility of that appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
It's classic DC, just dumb as poo poo naming but awesome character, like Darkseid.

• Locked thread