Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i heard this show was good, so I started watching it from episode 1. I think I'm about 6 or so episodes into it, and while I like it and it seems decent, it hasnt starting gripping me yet like I'd expect from what people say. Does it get any better or different?

No, quit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh boy, tonight's episode is a Felicity centric.

Unless she finally turns into Oracle I don't think it'll be too great and probably ends up making us hate her.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That was totally a boomerang in that trailer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't see her tits at all, what a loving terrible costume.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This show can go away now, it's all downhill from here. It will never top that. Ever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, gently caress.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Klungar posted:

Didn't the previews show this was going to be a Cupid episode?

No, you're thinking of the season preview trailer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You're just another weapon in his Arsenal!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

"I'm Cupid, stupid."
R...really? Really? She really said that?

I need the next ep.
Now. :f5:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat Ollie is such a retard, welp, back to watching Flash exclusively bye!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

JohnSherman posted:

Holy poo poo, goony guy needs to stop talking. He really can't sell any of his lines.

He's perfectly fine, stop hating on the comic relief.

Diggle's going to be piiiiiiissssssssssed. :ohdear:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Captain Ashurang is such a dick, god drat... it's like he never left Spartacus.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Screw you, Captain Boomerang. :smug:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think Flash's crossover was better but this one had Captain Boomerang so I don't know...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I will probably stop watching the show if Sara or Tommy get brought back.

The network is having a real hard time leaving characters dead and it's ruining their shows.(Vampire Diaries and Supernatural I'm looking at you.)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

OptimusWang posted:

Eh, other than the brothers and Castiel, most people that died have stayed relatively dead. No idea about Vamp Diaries though.

e: My name is Malcolm Merlyn, and ever since I was cast as Captain Jack Harkness I've been chewing the scenery like a motherfucker.

TVD might be the bigger offender in the death department but it's also annoying how there are next to no real consequences on Supernatural.
Everything that happens to the brothers gets shrugged off almost immediately; they've died countless times, been demons, possessed, addicts, cursed, lost friends, lost family and they're carrying on like nothing happened.

I just really don't want Arrow to fall into this trap and also have death become meaningless, if using the Lazarus Pit does in fact make them lose bits of their sanity or humanity then I think I'd be somewhat alright.

I'd be even more relieved if it had a limited use.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deadpool posted:

My name is Deadpool. I've read through three hellish pages of "My name is" posts that got old after the first one. Now it is my duty to put an end to this menace. Stop.

But, do you have to become someone else or do you have to become... something else? :ohdear:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I wonder if they'll change the title card to Arsenal or Canary or something.

Also, I hope they make Roy an actual character again, like he sort of was in season 1.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, uh, The Atom on Arrow is basically the poor man's Iron Man?
Can he even shrink? What the gently caress man.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

adhuin posted:

Because shrinking is a stupid gimmick that doesn't bring anything useful to the street-level show like Arrow?

I disagree, he could use it to spy on enemies and get into hard to reach spaces that the Arrow otherwise couldn't.

Also, Sara dying was literally pointless and Merlyn's plan was a complete nonsensical cluster gently caress that resulted in Oliver nearly dying and the league grabbing him anyways, what an idiot.
Felicity has turned into a CW drama queen, Thea's back to being annoying as poo poo, and Slade is still a whiny baby that exists to just remind us that Shado existed.

loving amazing that people still defend this show but continually poo poo on Agents of Shield.

I'm legit mad that CW has nearly ruined this show like all of their others, I used to love Arrow but it's wearing thin already.
Doesn't help either that now they're swiping storylines directly from Batman.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 1, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Scyantific posted:

I'm surprised it took you 3 seasons to realize that they're cribbing stories from Batman. Season one was literally BatmanArrow Begins, season two was TDK.

...What? Season 1 may have shared the tone of Batman Begins but storywise it wasn't similar at all.
Season 2 couldn't be any further from TDK if it tried, all I can see is maybe the Blood storyline resembled TDKR a little bit.

This nonsense with Ra's is the most blatant it has ever been, it doesn't even make any sense.
Unless he's been watching Ollie for years, asking him to be his replacement after meeting him twice feels forced and silly.

Also, what the hell has been the point of the flashbacks this season? I'm trying to figure them out and I can't.
What did Waller even see in Ollie?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 1, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

King of Solomon posted:

Waller saw Ollie stop her plans in Season 1, then presumably also saw him take down a dude with light superpowers in season 2.

I mean in the flashbacks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rocksicles posted:

Hope you were getting paid while you wrote all that rubbish.

Except he's not wrong about any of it.
Except Katrina Law.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

McSpankWich posted:

I thought her character was pretty good in the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie, she stood alone well for most of it. However the Joker was a major plot point so I guess there's that.

Please do not mention that creepy pile of doo doo of a movie.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pretty meh episode, they're turning Ra's into a non-threatening puppy dog like they did to Merlyn.
I'll never not think this arc with Ra's wanting Oliver to be his heir is stupid and rushed, they didn't give him enough time to be a bad guy.

Hopefully he gets insulted by Ollie declining the offer and proceeds to murder the rest of the city.

Also lol if Shado is actually alive cause that would be retarded since we saw Ivo shoot her in the loving head.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

VBane posted:

Okay, don't know if anyone else had says this.

But I just realized something. Arrow has been taking a hell of a lot from Batman, and in the Paleyfest trailer they showed Lance turning on him, hunting him and even raiding the "Arrowcave". This of course strongly reminded me of the classic Batman animated episode "Over the Edge". Especially since both scenarios started off with the death of the police officer's vigilante daughter. But of course that episode was all a Scarecrow induced hallucination.

...then I remembered that the villain of the first episode was Vertigo, who was suddenly and inexplicably in that episode made extremely Scarecrow-esque, and had already nailed Ollie with fear drug, repeatedly I believe.

So the long and short of it I will now be paranoid that the entire season is a hallucination :p

Nope, literally no one has thought this.

Everyone has thought this.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Laurel seems a bit tolerable now but they've managed to make Felicity completely insufferable, what the gently caress show.
I can't stand Felicity any more, she's always loving weeping about something and in a tug of war between Ollie and Ray, stop leaking your WB bullshit into your shows, CW. :argh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Here's hoping it's better than the first one.

it won't be

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Why wouldn't Flash have a fourth season?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Habibi posted:

Probably leave it alone unless it was dying with viewers? People aren't going to stop watching the show because the movie comes out, and they're not going to not watch the movie because the show is still on.

In fact, some might say...you'd get the reverse.

I, for one, don't plan on seeing any of the new DC movies if they're really going to let Zack Snyder be in charge of the heavy lifting with the Justice League movies.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, just a reminder that Goyer was the one who said She-Hulk only existed to give the Hulk someone to gently caress. Ignoring the fact that those two characters are cousins, of course.

:stare:

O...k... then.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

VagueRant posted:

Guys, websites keep posting news about some dumb Suicide Squad movie and giving it lots of attention like there isn't already a Suicide Squad and a Deadshot and a The Flash and it's making me SO MAD!

Pay attention to the better thing we already have, nerds!

Eh, Arrow's Suicide Squad is pretty lame tbh.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, Daredevil takes a steaming poop on Arrow in pretty much every aspect so far, I'm 5 episodes in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Phylodox posted:

I'm just so loving elated at TV's current game of one-upmanship among comic book shows! No matter who wins...WE win!!!

Correct answer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Krad posted:

The two shows really can't be compared like that. I'm sure even Gotham would be as good as or better than Daredevil if it was a Netflix show from the start.

I think Gotham was hosed from the get go.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Christ, that trailer looked so bad.

I'm really upset that this show went to poo poo, now it's only a matter of time before The Flash follows suit.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like a gay biker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Duke Chin posted: