Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Neeson was just saying the right things knowing it wouldn't ever actually work out. I'm afraid RDJ is putting shield fans through the same thing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Ha I missed the last 2 minutes or so and figured it wasn't anything big. I saw Sara taking to Laurel and mentioned that she didn't want their dad to know she was in town. My guess was she name checked Ras and it ended.

When I saw the reactions I knew I missed something big. Didn't expect that!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I thought that was a pretty boring episode as far as Arrow goes. The ending scene would have been cool if not for casting spoilers. Since we knew Ras was going to show up any day it just felt like a recap of the major points of the episode. Sara dead, Merlyn in Starling, Oliver protecting Merlyn which makes him an enemy of the league. Check check check.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So Roy didn't kill Sara but the arrows that did had his dna and the virtual autopsy matched up with his height, etc. Coincidence? Was this explained and I want paying attention because I couldn't stop thinking about boxing glove arrows?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Cool. She must have said "inconclusive" and I missed the"in" part.

I swore she was like "yeah checking it against his dna was the first thing I checked and it was pretty conclusive plus there's all this other stuff too" /paraphrasing

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Cisco definitely grew on me so far over the season of Flash. I can totally get any hate people who don't watch both shows have for him. I do think he is due for another more serious story beat though like they had in episode 3 of Flash. That went a long way to making him and Caitlin decent characters.

Edit: episode 3, not 4.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 4, 2014

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'd be fine with them just making the show about Ray and his ATOM suit now tbh

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think her line from earlier in the season about "having a type" when she saw Ray on the Salmon Ladder was funnier and basically expressed the same sentiment.

edit: Ray not Roy durr

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Here's the nitpick of all nitpicks but does it bug anybody else when in the intro he says "I am Oliver Queen" basically twice with barely a sentence between them?

quote:

My name is Oliver Queen and after 5 years in Hell I've come home to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them I am Oliver Queen...

It always catches my ear and sounds weird is all.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Instead of herbs or some poo poo they should just say something ambiguous like "this is a... special place" so all the fans can still pretend it's a Lazarus Pit.

Or would that be too :lost:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Making it a crime procedural pisses me off but I shouldn't be surprised. There are good shows that do "procedural but with a larger serial story" that I've really liked though so I won't discount it immediately even though I really want to since it's on CBS.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Space Pussy posted:

I like how Oliver's enemies always easily find and break into arrowcave yet the owner of the club is still somehow clueless :downs:

It's not a hidden door, right? She just thinks it's a store room that they don't know how to open or something?

Call an effing locksmith

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TheChad posted:

I think she knows a lot more than she lets on.

We can't use that excuse for every dumb character (Lance and now Thea) or pretty soon everyone in DCUnited States knows who he is.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Ville Valo posted:

This guy got torn apart in a blog post: http://geekdad.com/2015/01/danish-archer/

A good read

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just can't take laurel seriously doing anything

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I like this Brick dude's style. He gives zero fucks.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
14 year old girls really seem to like Project Almanac

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They've called him Arsenal a handful of times.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They never actually explained what was done to make him better. This is preferred to talking about herbs or something.

I did see a mortar and pestle though so...

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Either she's grabbing her own boob, there is something weird going on with the perspective or Willa can do funky things with her arm.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Gaz-L posted:

You can see Emily's arm behind Willa's.

But not their elbows! Anyway it's definitely Willa's or the thumbs would be backward. I'm glad I got to the bottom of this. Still seems like an awkward way to bend your arm.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
And let's not sell s1 short. Like the last 8 episodes or so were really good. More than "a couple."

SHIELD is solid television.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Whizbang posted:

I'm not going to wade through 12 hours or whatever of poo poo television at the beginning for it to maybe get better.

You did with Arrow.

Okay arrow didn't start out quite as bad as Shield I'll admit but it was a rocky start for sure.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I like that Lance was just like "sup Roy"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Everything to do with Olly's death and return has been handled terribly which is a pretty big thing to gently caress up. Embracing that it was a comic show is what got them over the hump the first season and turned Arrow into drat fine television. Why not take it all the way and dump his rear end in a Lazarus Pit or at least say that's where his tea water came from or something. I guess the door is left open for something still and I hope they take it.

Flash is full comics and I think it's probably the better show because of it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It was both that they didn't explain or even hint at how he was resurrected and also that they downplay the fact that he loving DIED and act like he was just mostly dead that bother me.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Probably because he did not actually die and was only nearly dead.

Which would be even worse

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
All it takes is a throwaway line hinting at a Lazarus Pit to make him being rezzed off screen bearable. I really don't think there is any way they can take the story in the direction where him surviving that stab/fall at Ras hands satisfying.

So him having not died is far worse in my mind.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You're right, there's nothing really satisfying about any part of this

But I don't understand how anyone can possibly say "Oliver died, but was brought back to life by completely unexplained means" is somehow a better idea and makes more sense than "he didn't actually die".

I guess because we watched him die and we were all but told he died and we can sort of fill in the blanks as to how he was brought back in a comic book show. Trying to accept that Ras either didn't kill him on purpose or because he isn't as good a killer as we thought basically doesn't fit with what we know about that character.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
And on Lost

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or Laurel getting vertigo darted twice and Sarah smiling.

I laughed out loud when she got hit with the second one.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I still think the reason Slade is pissed off is dumb every time I'm reminded of it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Basebf555 posted:

Part of his whole thing is that he's insane so its not really supposed to be 100% logical.

What's stupid is that Ollie has never called him on it.

Yeah I accept that a non-mirakuru'd individual would probably be dealing with it better

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So she didn't shoot him? Pointless commercial break cliffhanger.

Off topic: can anybody tell me anything about iZombie? As a Veronica Mars fan I'm intrigued but I'm also a fan of not wasting my time and the advertisements don't make it look very good.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I agree with the above poster that the flashbacks were bad. Just seemed frivolous and dumb and made what we know about his return home worse. The Felicity bit was extra terrible and probably only there because she requires a scene every episode or something.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hate everything about the Oliver/Thea/Malcolm dynamic but apart from that good episode. At one point it seemed like they had to have everybody on Team Arrow say something like "you're doing this so Thea doesn't feel guilty about it later on, I get that" as of saying it enough would make the audience buy it more.

Felicity + Ray forever

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Scyantific posted:

Well there is the whole "Ray has no goddamn experience at combat and is just relying on his tech" thing, which is the plotline for a future episode, so maybe he'll turn to the Arrow crew for help?

Do you think he'll just walk into Arrow cave like everybody else?

Maybe with a throwaway line about how he can find anything since he has so much money but probably not even that much.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Jackson Taus posted:

Palmer could find the Arrow Cave in a heartbeat - he's shown he's perfectly willing and able to track Felicity's phone. Even if that were taken away, he knows she spends a lot of time around Thea's club and isn't really a clubbing sort of girl (and she has no business being in The Glades at all). If/when Felicity tells him she works with the Arrow (or he finds out on his own), he'll be able to put two and two together even without X-Ray vision mode in his helmet or whatever.

Yeah but in this world people either know or don't know things completely randomly so I could just as easily see him bumble around wanting help from Arrow but not knowing how to go about it.

Anybody who follows Oliver Queen should have been able to figure out he was the Arrow when he went to Central City on vacation and Arrow happened to show up there five minutes later. Especially if those people know anything about Felicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That should have ended when he got back from being dead and saw that they kept poo poo mostly together without him.

• Locked thread