Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

hcreight posted:

Routh's a great pickup for Arrow whether they have spinoff plans for him or not. I made the career trajectory joke in the OP but he really does deserve better.

He really does. He was great in both Chuck and Scott Pilgrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:stonk: :stare:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Katie's a significantly better actress than Caity, I've got no problem with the replacement if it means they'll finally have something worthwhile to give to Laurel. I'd even go so far as to say I have hopes that she'll be better than Caity was. She doesn't have the physical/parkour/etc background but this show does excellent stuntwork. You can't sub in a stuntperson for line delivery.

Get Katie on the salmon ladder pronto

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Having Thea be the killer just seems like too hard a turn for that character. I know it's been five months since the last season ended, but you'd think we'd see some of her progression into villainy first before she starts pumping people full of arrows.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Well I don't think it's Thea.

Neither do I, it's too big a villain move from her.

Am I wrong In thinking maybe Tommy?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Regarding the motorcycle-arrow joust, I think it would have been better if they cut out the second pass and just went with the first and third. With all three its just Oliver not really doing anything for 20 seconds and letting the bad guy shoot at him.

That was my opinion too, Oliver was weirdly passive for that whole exchange.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Seasons 1 and 2 had a five week midseason break between episodes 9 and 10. I assume that she won't debut the costume until after that, at which point she'll have had three or four months of intense training - slightly less than Thea had between seasons.

There's an article on Hitfix that as I read it says the costume will debut in episode 10. There's also another shot of her in the suit. The nightstick is a nice touch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gilok posted:

I was at NC Comiccon this weekend and Barrowman was there. Someone asked him how he felt about being cast as the father of someone so close to his own age, and his was response was basically "I know something you don't, keep watching."

I'm guessing he's been in a Lazarus pit more than once maybe?

Barrowman obviously thinks he's still playing the immortal Captain Jack Harkness.

Alternately, Tommy Merlyn's father was actually Ollie's dad?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I always love it when a show messes around with their intros.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was some serious bullshit guilt tripping by Diggle there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Felicity's line to the dress about being friends was an ad-lib.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ray Palmer is totally billionaire Daniel Shaw.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alex Kingston with an American accent still sounds weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like this reveal

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

67 years huh? He looks...well preserved

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Paradise Lost posted:

Same. Was hoping for full dark Thea.

They were never going to do that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They could go the Lazarus Pit route, but my guess is Ollie's not dead, nor will he die. His buddy from Hong Kong is going to pull him off the mountain top and nurse him back to health.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

hcreight posted:

He got stabbed in the heart and then pushed off the mountain. And Ras established that he's pretty damned old but doesn't look it.

They're totally doing Lazarus Pits.

You're probably right, i guess i must hate fun or something because I'm just not fired up about Lazarus Pits?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

hcreight posted:

I just don't want this to become the new "Jesse didn't shoot Gale" for the next month and a half.

Oliver was definitely given a mortal wound. Now it's just a question of how outlandish or mundane the bullshit excuse they use is to make him not be dead. Although they did tagline "survival" in the promo for the next half of the season... :)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I wonder what will happen with Arrow after they run out of flashbacks?

They end the show since as I understand it, the plan has always been five seasons.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They obviously weren't going to have Ollie be "dead" for a long stretch, but that also doesn't mean he's going right back to Starling,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That...could've gone better

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Forget Arrow, I want the Ray and Felicity show

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

zoux posted:

When Brick said that LA abandoned a sector in 1992, was he referring to the riots?

That's how I interpreted it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

McSpanky posted:

I'm only sad that they didn't use the Lazarus pits because it could've given us a crazy/evil Ollie that would have to be taken down safely so they could slap the madness out of him.

The entire point of the show Arrow is slapping the crazy/evil Ollie picked up during his five years "on" the island out of him. Quite honestly, seeing that in microcosm sounds really bad to me.

I figured all along they were going to go the mostly dead route. But whatever, they weren't going to off Ollie for real, so what does it matter what bullshit they use to make him not dead?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, Barrowman's flashback hair.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Roy got to say the line :neckbeard:

Also, this fight is so dark knight rises on a TV budget

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xtanstic posted:

Geez felicity did you let Ollie suit up in the Arrow cave and not let anyone else on the team know?

Felicity was in the van wasn't she?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Really? I thought the episode was pretty great.

I thought it was great right up until Oliver showed up in Starling City. Something about his return just didn't feel as epic as it should've. Plus his little press conference felt weird,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lycus posted:

I don't remember the details of Merlyn's back-up video, but just kill Merlyn and give his body over the to al-Ghuls. They're well aware that Oliver was lying the first time around. Do that instead of this nonsensical training idea.

Oliver is working under the not all together misguided idea that the league will also want Thea dead for Sara's murder. So even if he hands over Merlyn's corpse it doesn't solve that problem.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Merlyn speaking some sense. Diggle, not so much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Huh, I honestly didn't expect that reaction. Good on them

Assuming Thea's not lying :tinfoil:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Thea needs a cool codename. What's the name of the girl archer on Young Justice?

Thea has a codename, Speedy.
E: ahh beaten

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Thea learns the truth about Ollie. DJ assassin dies, this episode has everything!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wigs, wigs for days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BARROWMAN!! :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love how Thea was just "sure fine whatever"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, I love Detective Lance's hair.

Also, his rant.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, that was just way too meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

zoux posted:

Which show has stronger wig game, Arrow or the Americans?

Americans by far.

• Locked thread