Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ollie needs a new list. Only this one has a list of psychologists/ therapists for him to go talk to.

Dr. Quinn
Dr. Strange
Dr. Hurt
Dr. Crane
Dr. Psycho
Dr. Sofen
Dr. Samson
Dr. Bong
Dr. Faustus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

One of my friends is of the opinion that in the pilot, Ollie wasn't rescued by chance. More that he decided at that stage to allow himself to be rescued so as to move on with his plans. If so, a Year Five that shows him becoming this tactical genius and someone who engineers his own rescue would be cool to watch.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Something the occurred to me (that may be brought up on tonight's episode.)

In the flash back, Ollie is after China White and is searching in Starling, right?

In the first season, was China White not mentioned as being part of the Undertaking?
If so this episode (or at least this mini arc in flashback) may be about Ollie learning about the Undertaking and his father's notebook since he's SUPPOSED to be doing that during his 5 years of training.

Also wasn't it said at some point that the book was written in a secret code that was used by the League? (I think Sara in season 2 said that the hidden writing thing was a League trick.) If so we may bring back the Undertaking plot line by saying that the LoA was financing/organising the Undertaking.

Edit: Having looked here China White wasn't on the List. But Danny Brickewell was on it.
But they did confirm that the List was written in Ghost Ink which is a LoA trick.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/The_List

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 18, 2015

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Well since people brought it up and this is comic book talk but I've look forward to them hopefully doing this arc forever , I'll spoiler it just in case . The reason I was so excited for Bronze Tiger was that that meant a possibility of Richard Dragon, one of DCs greatest martial artists showing up to train Oliver, basically Oliver gets clowned by Lady Shiva who's considered the best martial artist in DC, but she lets him live then he goes off and trains with Richard Dragon . I think that's how it went , but it was a really interesting turning point for his character

I wasn't reading Green Arrow in the 1990's but what you've described was the arc The Question went through.
I know in the 90's that Ollie was doing the Longbow Hunter thing but it's possible that Richard Dragon was also in Green Arrow.

My favourite part was this Question/Green Arrow/Batman crossover. You see all throughout the Question's series whenever Richard Dragon had shown up he was in a wheelchair. But there has been reports about Richard walking around kicking rear end.
Batman asks Ollie if he knows anything about these discepancies.

Ollie: Some days I hear Richard is stuck in a chair. And some days I hear he can run faster than a rabbit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Just a thought, but does it bother anyone else just how much Ollie uses his bow as a melee weapon? Especially against swords and stuff. Like, this is your primary weapon, which will be disabled if a blade hits it the wrong way, and through which you usually have an escape option. Go a little easier on it!

I am trying to look up the quote, but it's from Season 1 of the show. I think it's the episode with Vertigo, but Ollie is unable to use his Bow for a confrontation with some bad dudes. Diggle asks him what he will do. And Ollie just says

"People make the mistake of thinking that the Bow is my only weapon.
I AM the weapon!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

He likes the horrible version of Deathstroke that everybody hates.

So about 2 or 3 years ago, I got this TPB collection of Batman Elseworld stories. It collected the trilogy of stories where Batman becomes a vampire. And I read it and enjoyed it mostly because I had read the original Red Rain when I was a teenager and the series had a lot of nostalgia value for me.
I didn't think they were brilliant stories that perfectly evoked the best aspects of the genre, but they were serviceable.
A couple of months after that one of my friends asked me if he could borrow some Batman trade paper backs to read.
My friend isn't a hardcore comic nerd, but he has read a bit of Batman and Judge Dredd stories. So I said sure.

I gave him a couple. The ones I remember giving him in particular were Gotham Central vol 1, which I consider one of the best most enjoyable reads ever. And I gave him the Batman/Dracula: Elseworld.

About a week later I asked him if he had read the Batman stuff. He said he had. He hadn't like Gotham Central at all, but he loved the Batman/Dracula stuff.

It was at that point that I realised, he was right. People are free to like the stuff they like. And that very often the hardcore fanbase can take a mindset to certain popular stories as being really bad. But very often the mainstream or more casual fans just love them.

And I think that's what is the case with Manu.

The hardcore comic fans hate the mega showings of Deathstroke as being bad because they fly in the face of the handbooks or powerlevels or whatever.
But maybe there's a LOAD of people (probably non-regular comic readers) who love that type of Deathstroke. Manu is just one of those guys.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Apparently a title for the Spin Off will be announced soon, but they are saying it's not The Atom.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Krad posted:

Huh, the character's supposed to be a villain in the comics. Wonder how that's going to work.

The first White Lantern confirmed?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

VBane posted:

More casting news

We are getting a new hero in Mr Terrific, played by Echo Kellum. Its the Curtis Holt version, a wealthy tech guy who will be working with Felicity.

Really, he's going to be called Curtis? That makes it sound like he's Michael Holt's loser cousin.
Was Marvin Holt already taken or something?

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 20, 2015

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Scyantific posted:

I like how he said that he doesn't mind criticism of any kind yet went out of his way to rant about anonymous critics.

E: Anyway, seems like they're bringing yet another metahuman to Arrow. This one's called Double-Down, which is basically a DC version of Gambit with tattoos.

Since Double - Down was originally a Flash villain, I hoped they'd continue the theme of getting Prison Break actors to play Rogues, and have him played by Lance Garrickson. (Tweener from season 1/2.)
Only change his origin to having stolen a cursed set of baseball cards.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Given how much he talked about doing Ninja Challange, ninja should also be on that list.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I just had a perfect idea for.how to bring in Constantine.

Have him show up in the present day plot line meeting Ollie for the first time.
Then in the Flashback part show Thea Queen spending a load of money to hire famed magician John Constantine to find her brother. (Like how psychics are sometimes hired to find missing people.)

The flashback plot can be that Constantine does find Ollie, but knows that it's better for him to stay lost and become a hero rather than being him home early.

So he takes Thea's money and tells her Oliver Queen is dead.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Got a handshake, some small talk and a high-five. And he signed this for me

He said "This is awesome! Do they sell these?" And held it up to his face. Sadly the no photo policy prevented me from capturing the moment.

That's probably for the best. Once you put that mask up, anybody could be underneath them.
I mean, a photo of Stephen Amell? That would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

I've heard its going to have strange elements because of the success of 'Afterlife with Archie'. Probably no predator / punisher action though.

I have to say that Archie Predator was utterly fantastic in ways that few crossovers are. It even worked in a Punisher cameo!

• Locked thread