Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

muscles like this? posted:

I like how the subsequent fight scene was just Dig demolishing that guy because come on, Dig is a muscle giant.

Also, anyone else notice that at one point when Felicity was on her computer there was a thing about "The Streak" from Flash?

I think that was Iris' Streak Blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nutranurse posted:

lol, did Oliver seriously just teargas a crowd to save a bank. So much for being the populist hero!

Better Arrow-Gas than bullets, I guess?

The Lord Bude posted:

My guess is it's just his Mirakuru trip memories resurfacing, and blending together with random poo poo the way dreams do; not him actually having been the one to kill Sara.

How would he know her last words if he wasn't there? It's not like she told anyone.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nutranurse posted:

Sara told him. Dodged a bullet by handing that blabbermouth off to Felicity's mom.

Stupid babies.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The last three.

Love the scrunt av.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Flashbacks to all of Roy's cut scenes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

John Diggle of Earth, you have shown the ability to drift at great speed. Welcome to the GreenBlack Driver Corps.

Fixed for you.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

If there's a good reason for thinly justified resurrection via Lazarus pits, with the person who comes back being extra insane, Original Recipe Count Vertigo is definitely it.

I want this to happen, just for the ten minute explanation of how it happened. League assassin hooked on vertigo tosses him in, hoping he'll keep supplying him? Ra's al Ghul thought it would be good for a laugh? A Merlin attempt to troll Ollie?

Maybe all of season six's flashbacks are for the villains. We watch what Slade's been up to, how Count Vertigo Classic got his groove back, how Captain Boomerang even happened, and somethingsomething Huntress. Also, how Sara managed to come back (she's a clone, and raising clone Thea with Clone Tommy)!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

LongDarkNight posted:

I'd like to see The Question in Arrow. The power set would not be out of place on the show.

This would be The Best.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hollismason posted:

The only way the Question would work is if you know who voiced him... that's right Jeffrey Combs played him.

Jeff Combs should just play the Question.

Or maybe Richard Dragon.

Or Martian Manhunter.

Or Shran

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
How would that show even work? What would it be? Is Snart going to leave the Flash?

Sara being dead, but her actress showing up in this is the least confusing thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, three arrows in the torso and falling off a building isn't any worse than a sword through the chest and falling off a mountain. Maybe she comes back as (a/the) Cyborg? gently caress, who knows, COMIC BOOKS!

The Stein-without-Ronnie aspect is weird to me. Maybe that Amell isn't a big enough name to include in the article?

What would ATOM and Firestorm even do together? Fight Captain Cold? What about Heatwave?

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS SHOW?

I'm pretty curious now.

VDay posted:

I dunno that seems like some made-up garbage. A Ray Palmer spin-off seems kind of obvious and almost inevitable with the reception Routh's gotten, but I don't see why they'd throw the other people mentioned into it as well. Maybe the reporter got her rumors mixed up.

Or this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

With all those characters they mentioned in the same show together, I agree it doesn't mesh well - but they also mention the possibility of a mid-season debut. A Brave and the Bold/JLU style anthology series that functions as a mid-season replacement a la Agent Carter, and fills the gap while the other shows are on break for ~10 episodes, could be really cool.

Use the special effects & characters you've already spent money developing for the other shows to cut production costs a bit, and then maybe debut a couple original heroes & villains and use it as a bit of a testing ground to see if they play well and might be worth adding to the main shows.

Total speculation, of course, just saying what I think would be interesting.

Okay, that would be pretty cool.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
On the other hand, he fired the gas arrows, people dispersed, nobody got hurt.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think the season took a little bit of a creative hit when the Flash came out, but that's not unexpected. The last few episodes feel like they're getting back on track. I'm betting that the whole "bow to a sword fight" line will result in Archery Fuckery next time Ollie and Ra's fight. Not that Ollie will win, but something entertaining will occur.

I like the changing team dynamic.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CAMPSITE!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'd still rather Ras beat him again. He lets Ollie live but asks him to stop bothering him with these pointless duels.

Ra's: I want you to be my protoge!
Ollie: Sorry, going the other way on this whole killing thing.
Ra's: Damnit. Fine. Will you at least stop wasting everyone's with all these duels, then?
Ollie: Not 'till I win.
Ra's: :rolleyes:
Ollie: Yeah, okay. Just, leave my sister and friends alone.
Ra's: Deal. :frogout:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
On the other hand, it's not really unbelievable that the Arrow started running around the town killing folks again. It's not really without precedent.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, it seems like in this show, there is the one pit. It's also the fountain of youth, and several similar things. How they're all in one place, and why Nanda Parbat are kinda not addressed.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SalTheBard posted:

I just discovered this show after listening to Stephen Amell talk at a panel last week about this show. I'm 1/3rd of the way through Season 1 and I'm surprisingly enjoying it. I'm really enjoying the nods to comic book continuity (Helen Bertenelli) as well as forging its own continuity. Does the show stay good? Is it worth watching?

Yep, pretty much. Early season one seems to be popularly considered the weakest part. The most recent season has been a little slower, but still very enjoyable. Also, start watching Flash alongside season three. They interconnect a little.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 20, 2015

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If they really wanted to bury the Arrow, couldn't they just try him for one of the earlier murders? No need to even worry about the recent ones. At the time he was the only archery-based murderer in town (not counting Malcom, but he isn't known to be an assassin.) That would even avoid dragging Laurel into it.

PS: Due to "Comic books!" Ollie will avoid jailtime, or somehow only be in jail over the season break. My money is on getting elected mayor and pardoning himself.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So, if the person to survive Ra's al Ghul's blade becomes the next Ra's al Ghul, couldn't Ollie accept, pick up a sword, give whoever's handy a quick stab in the shoulder, drop the sword, and be out?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

Ollie takes over the League of Assasins and turns it into The League of Justice

:vince: That would be amazing! Bring it full circle.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

BrianWilly posted:

Ra's will stop murdering people if Ollie's in jail. With Roy in jail, Ra's will just continue putting on that green hood and murdering people. Roy's little self-flagellation act literally accomplishes nothing.

Well, it shits up whatever plan Oliver might have had.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Krad posted:

Huh, the character's supposed to be a villain in the comics. Wonder how that's going to work.

... "The darkness inside of me!"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if post-pit Thea will become Speedy. With Roy gone, the sidekick slot is open, and she's in on the secret.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

GreenNight posted:

Deathstroke: Oliver Queen you have failed this city.

Mortanis posted:

The finale is going to be Team Arrow confronting Ollie.

Diggle: "Oliver, you have to decide what you want. It used to be about protecting this city, protecting these people, but now you're buying into everything Ra's is telling you. You can't change the League from withing. You can't be a man of two worlds."
Oliver's phone rings.
Slade: "CHOOOOOOOOOOOSE"

The show would NEVER top an episode that included both of these lines. It would have to be the finale.

Spergatory posted:

I almost want Nyssa and Laurel to be in lesbians with each other. I love them both. But that would be super hosed-up and kind of disrespectful to Sara, so they can stay besties and train each other in the art of being badass/being a normal person, respectively. :3:

It wouldn't be more hosed up than some things Oliver has done. With/to Laurel.

And Ra's is going to try to get her and Oliver married.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Long after Nyssa and Laurel break up, Quint Lance marries Nyssa. He refers to the birth of their child as Nyssa droppin' a baby.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

mcswizzle posted:

because I can't imagine that Ra's will be killed, or even if he is that the LoA would leave them alone afterwords. I can't see a way to get Ollie out without repercussion

Oliie calls a meeting/gathering/whatever of the mooks before leaving to drop the virus on Starling. Mid speech, flings the vial into the crowd, shatters it with an arrow. "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS PLANET" Blows up the building. Fistbumps Masaeo and Katana. Leaves.

Maybe he sent Nyssa away first? I dunno.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I was thinking that this was somehow a long-con thing on Ollies part to get at the virus, but that doesn't really work. I could buy it being something like along those lines that Maseo was doing, and brought Ollie in on at some point.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think he's going to say the thing this week.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I hope they turn on Oliver and cut him out of the team next season. Leaving him to do his own thing and pop up to save the team when they get in over their heads, only to disappear afterwards.

So, the show follows Team Arrow (now including Thea as Speedy) doing Superhero Hijinx, with Oliver occasionally popping in mid fight, declaring that someone has failed the city, arrowing a couple dudes, and grappling arrowing away? Kinda like a psycho Tuxedo Mask?

Sounds good. Maybe have him start getting more and more silverage as time goes on, until eventually he just shows up in the Robin Hood style costume. No explanation.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ra's al Dead.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If she shows up, I'd bet it's in a Flash/Arrow crossover where they go to an alternate dimension. Something something speedforce.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It was a decent finale. It wrapped up all the plotlines for the season, so hopefully they can do something else next season. Someone failed a city even!

I figured Ra's' plan on the dam went something like:
1) Be infected with A/O virus.
2) Fight Ollie.
3) Get stabbed a couple of times.
4) Fall in the water, die.
5) gently caress you Ollie, you'r Ra's now!
6) gently caress you Starling, I've infected your water supply!

Instead it was just kill Ollie, find new heir OR Ollie wins, and is "stuck" as Ra's.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 14, 2015

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

Pictured Oliver's next costume

Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!
Oliver!
Felicity!

Then I guess undead island-oliver-clone shows up and annoys everyone for 100 episodes?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

mcswizzle posted:

I couldn't care less about the WWE stuff normally, but even I would think it was pretty cool if Amell was wrasslin' stardust and then Colton Haynes came out as Arsenal to help him out tag-team style.

Unlikely as though that is

Paul Blackthorne comes out and uses his brutal finisher: Droppin' Bodies

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Tonight's WWE Spoiler: http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-stephen-amell-stardust-monday-night-raw/ So I guess this is actually happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mystery Solved?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/warner-bros-developing-booster-goldblue-beetle-film

• Locked thread