Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chasiubao posted:

Season 2 better show up on Netflix soon, I'm so far behind :(

Supposed to be October 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Be a shadowy and omniscient techgoddess? In this economy?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK I've said it before but I just checked and this time it's for real, Season 2 is up on Netflix.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And they covered the Laurel problem.

Katie Cassidy also says in that article she's aware that the show hasn't served her character well up to this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's probably the Atom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Could be suicide squad or Huntress!

They're developing a SS film so probably not that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

There were so many things in that episode that made me happy.

I'm coming for you irl >:|

Phuzzy posted:

Okay, for a dude coming in on this, which episodes from the first two seasons do I have to watch

This show owns from day one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It may be that she's got a new job or something, so they had to pull the trigger on it a lot faster and sooner than they would've liked.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also Roy got real good real fast huh?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well Laurel is about to rise into a kickass lady and Felicity still exists.

I thought her "stop stringing me along you dickhead" speech was a pretty unusual direction for them to take as well as one that lends Felicity agency since she's not willing to pine by the phone for Oliver to get his poo poo together.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

The arrows hit Sara just slow enough that I had time to think "Well that's a good way to have her miss a chunk of episodes this sea- Oh, okay"

Also the killer is in the drat next episode preview, stop acting like you're making a prediction.

Yeah you can clearly see who it is here. (spoiler's obv)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that preview guy supposed to Komodo? And have we seen any shots of him before, or could it just be a rando LoA member?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hell it worked for Centralling City :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Laurel is not going to be BC and is actually going to be cast as Lord Voldemort.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

deimos posted:

Is it just me or is her right index fingernail waaay too short?

I swear to gently caress if this becomes the newest nit pick about Katie Cassaday's appearance...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I feel like yall are missing the salient aspect of that photo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Haha! Time to escape with parkour".

Nope.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

spoiler---> Hmmmmm

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

Comic book readers can't comprehend why the writers would deviate from their precious canon.

Uh, we were right?

Also, the multi-episode arc where Merlyn is a member of Team Arrow is a mortal lock now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Someone was asking but yeah it's the exact same coffee shop in Flash and Arrow.
http://imgur.com/a/HDYTT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

To be fair, it is a chain.

I'm not talking poo poo I think it's fine to reuse sets. Someone was just asking in the thread earlier.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I also thought she did a really good job in the ep last night and her being all "GRAAAH KILL FOR REVENGE" is going to be an interesting counterpoint to Ollie as well as an interesting parallel to his pre-no-kill days.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

tsob posted:

I'm nearly caught up on Arrow at the moment after starting it because I enjoyed Flash so much, but what's with the hate for the Huntress episodes? I've been reading through this thread to see some reactions now that I've started season three, and there's even some in the Flash thread as soon as the show is mentioned and I don't really get it personally. I enjoyed those episodes I think just because it was nice seeing Ollie actually opening up to someone and chatting with them honestly about his experiences on Lian Yu, rather than constantly being evasive or lying through his teeth about the entire thing. Something he's still doing 2 seasons later if the first episode of season three is any indication. Helena overplays the whole revenge thing, but then Sara plays up that whole "I'm too far gone to be redeemed :emo: angle" too and there seems to be quite a bit of love for her here.

It's just here mostly that bitches about Huntress.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EBR is super young as well, like 23 I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She's doing her best now Seriously, follow er on Facebook, she's always at the gym. Or hanging out with Paul and Willa. I really like that the cast are all buddies.

Yeah there is absolutely no reason that she has to work as hard as she is when they could just use stunt people. I think she's probably doing it because everyone else works out so hard so she's following their example. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt with the Canary transition.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Hahahaha

She's dressed like Death from Sandman.

Sorry I'm late on this but is this actually EBR?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess lack of glasses and makeup makes a huge difference because that looks like a different person entirely.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It would be dumb for Roy to be the killer because it's likely nobody would ever forgive him and that would ruin him for the show.

I knew for sure it wasn't him when I saw in the promo for the next ep that he is instantly telling Felicity about it, which usually isn't done when hiding a sinister secret

BrianWilly posted:

As someone else mentioned, if that were the case then he wouldn't know her final words. He either had to have been there, or else someone made him know her final words somehow, but either way it's not just his subconscious playing tricks.

Yeah it's some mind control villain or chemical or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe they'll all have their own vision of it.

Ollie uses his bow. Diggle shoots arrows out of his gun I guess. Felicity has hacked an arrow shooting robot.

That would actually be a cool idea.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a fan mockup right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think she's been fine this season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It does remind me strongly of Mockingbird from SHIELD, but again I've only seen both costumes in promos rather than on the shows.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno I don't watch it, I'm just going off the promo pieces they released last month.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also they aren't going to spend five years developing Roy/Laurel/Thea into credible fighters, we just have to accept that through the power of comic book magic they become ultimate badasses by taking a summer school course.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isn't BC like a top ten fighter in the DC universe? I'm just asking because that reminds me of it, not that I think the show should cleave closely to those rules or whatever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha someone on reddit confirmed a boxing glove arrow would knock a dude out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the fact they didn't name the DJ makes me think he's somebody.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

Oh god if they gave Routh his actual own tv show that'd be amazing. :allears:
Also, I just can't imagine anything coming out of CBS to be good, superhero-wise. They'd market test it into destruction.

No he loving couldn't. Barry's getting punched by some highschool dropout. he's a loving combat gimp. A ninja would wipe his rear end with Barry.

It's annoying his powers are JUST as loosely defined on teh show as they are in the comics.

I think most of the TV DC people are doing Supergirl, so it won't be on the creators if it sucks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

What does Felicity do?

She's a people person!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Writh posted:

I assume Roy didn't come along because you wouldn't want to leave the city unprotected. Honestly, that would be my reason to leave a team member back at home; to make sure ninjas, super convicts, mercenaries, exotic drug king pins, and rich people don't burn the place to the ground till I can get back.

Roy didn't go to Central because either the writers didn't want to overstuff an already packed episode or because they didn't want to pay four people from Arrow extra money. Accept it and stop trying to come up with a kayfabe reason for it.

• Locked thread