Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

From skellingtons

to warwilfs

to the scariest thing of all lame social commentary

It's the scariest time of year and I want to see how your pets participate. Do they wear costumes? Are they just terrifying in general? Crank up Werewolf Bar Mitzvah and show me just how spoopy those critters can get. This is going to run all month long so I don't miss any awesome halloween pictures.

Theme: Scary Pets
Contest Period: Oct 6-31
Voting Period: Nov 1-3
Winner gets a donation to the charity of their choice!

:siren: Please pay attention to the rules! There are only 5 of them! It's not that hard! :siren:

Rules:
  • Post photos or GIFs that fit the monthly theme. Be creative! Good photography not required. Basic photoshop to adjust levels etc is ok, no adding things though. Some filters such as turning an image black and white are fine, please refrain from going full instagram though.
  • You may post up to three images per theme (can be different pets). Please label them clearly as entries.
  • Any image submitted must have been taken/made during the duration of the contest. It doesn't have to be your pet, but you have to take the picture.
  • Please vote for one entry only per month and don’t vote for your own images!
  • Pets are considered any animal that lives in captivity and regularly interacts with people

There are some really fantastic photographers participating in these contests and I love it! For people who are feeling a little intimidated here are some links with pointers, but don't get scared off. Any level of photographic quality is fine!

Take better phone pictures
National Geographic tells you how to take better phone pictures
Basic composition techniques
Tips for photographing black dogs
Tips for photographing black cats
SA's own Dorkroom, ask photography questions there

Now go photograph some animals!

Previous Contests
Pose a Pet in May - Spring Showers
Pose a Pet in June - Ridiculous Pet Tongues
Pose a Pet in July(ish) - THAT SHOULDN'T BE THERE
Pose a Pet in September - FABULOUS PETS EDITION
Pose a Pet Halloween Lightning Round Spectacular
Pose a Pet November: Lights, Camera, Action!
Pose a Pet December: Celebrate Good Times (Come On!)
Pose a Pet January: Brand Spankin' New
Pose a Pet February: Think Inside the Box
Pose a Pet March: It's Easy Being Green
Pose a Pet April: Eager for Easter
Pose a Pet May: Up Close and Personal
Pose a Pet June: It's Black and White
Pose a Pet July: Wait, I'm Confused
Pose a Pet August: Summer Fun
Pose a Pet October: Working Like A Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Remember its the last day to post your spoopy pets! I really love them all so far :spooky:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I was busy trying to abandon kittens yesterday and didn't get to this, but vote time is now! Remember to only vote for one and don't vote for yourself!

:spooky:Try not to be too terrified to vote.:spooky:

somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere posted:

I'll bite! (Finally, I took a contest appropriate photo DURING a contest!)

Entry 1:

Kanji the Bengal spider

Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Entry 1: Beelen

Entry 2: LAmybug

Entry 3: Kaydeefly and CatEarspillar

KittySpinEcho

KittySpinEcho posted:

Sharks are terrifying.

Entry 1:

Non entry, for comparison.

Entry 2:
God I wish this had sound... The breathing noises added so much to the creepy factor.

Sweet CupnCakes

Sweet CupnCakes posted:

I was at a friends Halloween party last weekend and brought my 11 foot burmese python Ditty. She was getting her picture taken with a lot of people but I thought this was the scariest one.

You can call it Ditty and Alice.

655321 posted:

Entry 1: Batman.

My girlfriend's dachshund, Cash, at Hallowiener a couple weeks ago.

A Scary Little Dog

A Scary Little Dog posted:

Butters sat still for this, it was a triumph.

Entry: Superham!

HA, now I want to make him a wee lab coat! Poor lil' man.

FadingChord

FadingChord posted:

Not the best picture quality, but Linus wouldn't hold still very long in his costume:

Fraction

Windy

Windy posted:

entry 1: Mathematical!

I made Darwin's costume since store-bought never fit him.

Nerwign

Nerwign posted:

Entry 1

Xhuuya and I dressed up for Halloween together. Why did everyone think I was a plague doctor? I was an avian grim reaper...

Entry 2 - Learning I don't know how to draw skeletons. (PS the hard part wasn't drawing, it was washing the guinea pig after, who was not at all pleased with this poo poo.)

Entry 3 - Spooky the guinea pig dressed up like a vampire this year.

TheScott2K

TheScott2K posted:

Gooch wasn't exactly "super into" his cow costume.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

The votes are in and this month's spoopiest pet belongs to Fraction!

I loved every single entry though so you should all feel like winners! I'll do some pondering and get a new contest up soon.

• Locked thread