Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Whos your favorite Koopaling? Mines larry koopa. Im glad theyre in more and more games now, what with larry being playable in both smash AND mario kart 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

ludwig, hands down

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

iggy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Roy Koopa appeals to me.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

had a crush on wendy when i was a kid

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
morton

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't really like the Koopa Kids.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Why not?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Lemmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
When I was a kid I really liked Lemmy, but Larry is my absolute favorite now, bar none.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

find a new thread, troll

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I think it's nice that the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. can get along because they have a lot in common, like the same hobbies (kidnapping, trying to kill Mario).

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

01011001 posted:

ludwig, hands down

why the color scheme change, anyways

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

qnqnx posted:

why the color scheme change, anyways

Huh? Are you talking about Super Mario World? Many of the Koopalings were depicted as being totally different looking in SMW. I don't consider their appearance in SMW to be canon.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

PantsBandit posted:

find a new thread, troll

Easy there, PantsBandit. The man is simply giving his opinion on the Koopalings.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They got stupid hair and bowser's just cooler. Hell even baby bowser is more badass.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Super Mario World is such a weird game, like where is Toad? He's not in the game!

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Hell even baby bowser is more badass.

what even the heck

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Huh? Are you talking about Super Mario World? Many of the Koopalings were depicted as being totally different looking in SMW. I don't consider their appearance in SMW to be canon.

No, this time you go gently caress yourself. NEVER disrespect SMW

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

They got stupid hair and bowser's just cooler. Hell even baby bowser is more badass.

Alright.. Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. Baby bowser is a little fucker who cant do anything without Kameks help, and the koopalings are a clan of seven badass koopa kids with their own unique appearances and personalities, and names based on Punk rock musicians. Baby bowser/bowser jr is just a little loving Twerp.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Ludwig

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Alright.. Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. Baby bowser is a little fucker who cant do anything without Kameks help, and the koopalings are a clan of seven badass koopa kids with their own unique appearances and personalities, and names based on Punk rock musicians. Baby bowser/bowser jr is just a little loving Twerp.

Kamek is more badass then the Koopa Kids.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

qnqnx posted:

No, this time you go gently caress yourself. NEVER disrespect SMW

I think you're misunderstanding. I think Super Mario World is a great game, and I would say it's my favorite Mario game. But I don't think the Koopalings are properly represented in the game. Let's take a look:

Seriously - the only one that they got right was Wendy O. Koopa. They got Roy half right, they gave him his shades, but he's silver. Someone at Nintendo hosed up, bigtime.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I think you're misunderstanding. I think Super Mario World is a great game, and I would say it's my favorite Mario game. But I don't think the Koopalings are properly represented in the game. Let's take a look:

Seriously - the only one that they got right was Wendy O. Koopa. They got Roy half right, they gave him his shades, but he's silver. Someone at Nintendo hosed up, bigtime.

This is actually a well reasoned argument and I think it preserves the sanctity of SMW while pointing out the needed changes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess, if I had to choose, Morton would be my homey.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I think maybe they just couldn't get the right color palettes to work or something, because they all have their proper "looks", just the wrong colors.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they are marios enemies

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I guess, if I had to choose, Morton would be my homey.

ok we're cool again :hf:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Widestancer posted:

This is actually a well reasoned argument and I think it preserves the sanctity of SMW while pointing out the needed changes.

And yet, the non-SMW colors still look odd to me.
Also silver Roy > pink Roy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember when there were fansites for Koopalings, Yoshis, and even one for Toad and the Toads.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

qnqnx posted:

And yet, the non-SMW colors still look odd to me.
Also silver Roy > pink Roy

Gay...

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr are entirely different people. Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby, and is obviously not a Koopaling since he can't be his own son. Bowser Jr's pretty much a Koopaling since in all the games he appeared in he served the same role as a small Bowser-ish midboss, only he was just one character so they didn't have to animate and voice 7 different models, and it's only recently the Koopalings came back since they were popular with fans (though they were bosses in Superstar Saga which was pretty neat, even if I played SMW after that so I was slightly confused).

Baby Bowser's a little annoying piece of poo poo, Bowser Jr's simply slightly less of a twerp but he's still not that great. He was fun in Mario Kart Wii though.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Seriously - what's not to love about these guys?

I was overjoyed to see that Nintendo started bringing these guys back into the mainstream Nintendo media. I remember as a kid, playing Mario 64, and thinking to myself - will they ever bring these awesome characters back? I visited fansites like lemmykoopa.com and read all sorts of Koopalings fan fiction and was disappointed time and time again when Mario Sunshine came out, and in their place is that twerp Bowser Jr., and "Koopa Kids" that were actually Bowser Jrs were plastered all over the Mario Party games, and Mario Galaxy had no sign of the ragtag bunch, either. Even though they were in Superstar Saga, it didn't feel like a true return - it just felt like they were shoehorned in. When I saw that they were back in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I was ecstatic, although I never actually got to play that game. To see them PLAYABLE in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers of all things? I just can't find the words to describe my joy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

iggy and lemmy, for being named after rock legends

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Gyra_Solune posted:

Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr are entirely different people. Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby, and is obviously not a Koopaling since he can't be his own son. Bowser Jr's pretty much a Koopaling since in all the games he appeared in he served the same role as a small Bowser-ish midboss, only he was just one character so they didn't have to animate and voice 7 different models, and it's only recently the Koopalings came back since they were popular with fans (though they were bosses in Superstar Saga which was pretty neat, even if I played SMW after that so I was slightly confused).

Baby Bowser's a little annoying piece of poo poo, Bowser Jr's simply slightly less of a twerp but he's still not that great. He was fun in Mario Kart Wii though.

You really think I don't know this? Technically and canonically they're different, but in appearance and personality they might as well be the exact same. He's a little loving brat and I want to punch his loving nose in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Seriously - what's not to love about these guys?

I was overjoyed to see that Nintendo started bringing these guys back into the mainstream Nintendo media. I remember as a kid, playing Mario 64, and thinking to myself - will they ever bring these awesome characters back? I visited fansites like lemmykoopa.com and read all sorts of Koopalings fan fiction and was disappointed time and time again when Mario Sunshine came out, and in their place is that twerp Bowser Jr., and "Koopa Kids" that were actually Bowser Jrs were plastered all over the Mario Party games, and Mario Galaxy had no sign of the ragtag bunch, either. Even though they were in Superstar Saga, it didn't feel like a true return - it just felt like they were shoehorned in. When I saw that they were back in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I was ecstatic, although I never actually got to play that game. To see them PLAYABLE in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers of all things? I just can't find the words to describe my joy.

Those all look like fucktards. I like the Morton sprite from the picture you posted earlier, but these guys... No. No thanks, I'll pass on this.

Dec 26, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

iggy and lemmy, for being named after rock legends

all of them are named after famous musicians

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember people on these fansites making up rumors about how the Koopalings would come back someday, and how they'd be in Mario Kart and Smash Bros and stuff. Now those sites are dead and gone but they actually ended up being right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess the guy on the beach ball is alright... I'm not really a fan though.

• Locked thread