Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I SOMETIMES WISH ID NEVER BEEN BORN AT ALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
. . . . . . . .

cruft

dopepope posted:

machine language is hard!!!!!

Show us what you're working on!

I agree CISC is hard, but maybe you're lucky and you're working on a RISC machine.

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i see a little silhouetto of a man

cuntman.net

dopepope posted:

gives your opponent a bunch of creatures, makes them worthless or dead, and punishes your opponent for having them. but it's not just a gimmick it's actually playable!

sounds weird but also kind of fun

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
SCARAMOUCHE SCARAMOUCHE will you do the fandango?

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTNING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Galileo! Galileo.
Galileo! Galileo.
Galileo! Figaro.
MAGNIFICO

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me
(he's just a poor boy from a poor family
spare him his life from this monstrosity)

Matoi Ryuko

Why not?

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

cruft posted:

Show us what you're working on!

I agree CISC is hard, but maybe you're lucky and you're working on a RISC machine.
We aren't doing anything yet. We just finished PBasic (which is like arduino) and are now entering the second half of the course. I'm in the lecture now and the professor keeps saying the word "pipeline" for some reason

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
BISMILLAH! No, we will not let you go (Let him go!)
BISMILLAH! We will not let you go (Let him go!)
BISMILLAH! We will not let you go (Let me go!)
Will not let you go (Let me go!)
Never, never let you go
Never let me goOOoooOOOooo-oh
No NO no NO no no NO
Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go)
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for meeee, for meeee, for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

blaise rascal

What we have to buy is called a "pic microcontroller"?????

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
computers are evil embrace life amongst bountiful nature

blaise rascal

Wikipedia says it's risc which i guess is better

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
wtf are you people tlakig aobut akdsnfajksnd

Goons Are Gifts

<Nobnob> drat it CATBRUSH now i cannot unhear the song

cruft

dopepope posted:

We aren't doing anything yet. We just finished PBasic (which is like arduino) and are now entering the second half of the course. I'm in the lecture now and the professor keeps saying the word "pipeline" for some reason

PBASIC is nothing like Arduino, except that it runs on a microcontroller.

Pipelines are important if you're designing processors or writing compilers. Or writing in machine code I guess, you cave man.

Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado

poo poo

cplagge
What?

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

waht

GoodbyeTurtles

no, i wont actuyaly

GoodbyeTurtles

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

no, i wont actuyaly

acutyelly

blaise rascal

cruft posted:

PBASIC is nothing like Arduino, except that it runs on a microcontroller.
That was just what I meant, basically they are both higher-end microcontroller languages.

Actually, I've been meaning to ask byob what my final project for this course should be. I can use any controller I want, and I can make pretty much anything I want. I was thinking of making a line-following robot or maybe a skittles color sorter.

Piso Mojado

dopepope posted:

That was just what I meant, basically they are both higher-end microcontroller languages.

Actually, I've been meaning to ask byob what my final project for this course should be. I can use any controller I want, and I can make pretty much anything I want. I was thinking of making a line-following robot or maybe a skittles color sorter.

Make one that communicates with a peristaltic pump via serial connection while interfacing with a x/y stage that delivers a petri plate to the nozzle...

Then send me the code and skematics so I can take a vacation. Tia

mycophobia
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
just posting

blaise rascal

ATCG posted:

Make one that communicates with a peristaltic pump via serial connection while interfacing with a x/y stage that delivers a petri plate to the nozzle...

Then send me the code and skematics so I can take a vacation. Tia
I realize you're probably joking but I would consider it if I had a clue what you were talking about

nvm no cake

:protarget:

mycophobia
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

mycophobia
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I'm about to have 400 posts

cruft

dopepope posted:

I made a sick scoreboard...

I have a CS degree but my EE friend commented that this would have made a pretty good senior design project. Uses a microcontroller and a bunch of current sinking shift registers. You control it with a NES controller :)

Matoi Ryuko

:evilbuddy:

Matoi Ryuko

GEExCEE

Sleepy Sip

warm melodic narrative, instrospective crisis and finally, the raw pain of the human condition. Rich always maintains a masterful flow, and her work is characterized by very strong sounds that change from line to line and transition smoothly.
Rich does not adhere to fixed poetic forms. Her poems take on a more complicated sense of sound and rhythm. Often when Rich uses verbs, she uses them as adjectives to strengthen the descriptive language which she creates so well. Rich creates unique images using loose, associative descriptions rather than concrete ones. In Centaur's Requiem, for example, the reader is presented with the image of a horse in wonderfully loose terms:
tender neck and nostrils teacher water-lily suction-spot
what you were marvelous we could not stand
The most striking element of Rich's poetry is her ability to weave between the magical and the real. The rhyme and sound of the poems is so strong that poems of completely different subject matter seem to belong together naturally. A later poem in the sixth section meditates on the futility of modern wealth,

cruft

mags
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
no way :ducksiren::evilbuddy::ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

• Locked thread