Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

SynthOrange posted:

Well Axis Carnage ended on a stupid note.

What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Sramaker posted:

What happened?

Quite literally nothing. He basically just walked away.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Sramaker posted:

What happened?

Carnage saves the girl by overloading the sin eater with all his sins, including his greatest sin...which was liking all the other sinning he was doing?

Anyway, the girl runs to the police and he begs her to come back and help him be a hero, and he daydreams about life with her and raising a family, while she's yelling at him about power and responsibility; then he realizes what she's actually saying is that they can't be together(and his daydream becomes their family dead at the hands of someone else) because heroes have to be alone due to the threat of their loved ones. He waves a thanks you an zips off to be a better hero, now with the knowledge that heroes can't have family responsibility or something.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

This weeks Axis killed off Carnage anyway, again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He'll be fine. If Bendis having a little "I hate the 90s" tantrum and throwing the dude's corpse in space (after inexplicably getting his powers wrong) doesn't keep him down, nothing will.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In a couple of years someone will come up with a story that needs Carnage and Marvel will give the okay, then a few years of him showing up here and there until the next Bendis/Remender comes in with a 'cool' idea on how to kill off Carnage forever again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Carnage is already solicited to show up in Nova after AXIS. Remember how he wrote down Sam's name and said that he will have to remember him for being such a cool kid? Yeah.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Codependent Poster posted:

Carnage is already solicited to show up in Nova after AXIS. Remember how he wrote down Sam's name and said that he will have to remember him for being such a cool kid? Yeah.

I was just about to post this.

I particularly like how an innocent comment from Sam (because hey he's a kid. He won't automatically know the name of every serial killer.) has potentially caused a super maniac to fixate on him.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Was this what Cap was wearing at the end of the issue?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
But with a hologram shield.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Did someone take a bite out of his shield?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Sadly yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it filled with chocolate?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SynthOrange posted:

Is it filled with chocolate?

There's only one bite so probably not.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gavok posted:

Maybe it was the Absorbing Man?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Or it's made of Toblerone.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Nevvy Z posted:

Maybe it was the Absorbing Man?

Why would he be in the inside of Cap's shield?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gavok posted:

Why would he be in the inside of Cap's shield?
Well he's inverted, right, like instead of him absorbing Cap's shield, Cap's shield absorbs him?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
No no. You take a chocolate shield and when he's like "IM MADE OUT OF ADAMANTIUM WATCH AS I EAT YOUR SHIELD" he bites it and turns into chocolate.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Matter eater lad confirmed for Marvel Universe?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Carnage's final wish was incredible but everything before and after that moment was such absolute dogshit. To think that there's someone out there who'll binge-read UXF and then excitedly follow it up with Uncanny Avengers and then Axis.. it's like a tasty jawbreaker where the second layer is literal poo poo, and the core is spiders. And there are spiders in half of the other candy you were gonna eat because the jawbreaker decreed it.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Now that axis is over and things are relatively back to normal I want to be sure I understand the ending... Iron-Man, Havok and Sabertooth are still inverted. Am I missing anyone? Solicits for the next Loki say he's back to normal but still can't lie.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I actually liked the last couple pages of Axis, especially the Evan bits, but it definitely was a total damp fart.

I mean serious question here, when you got your books, did you read 'just another issue' New Avengers or 'climax of a nine part crossover' Axis first?

Because I read NA twice first.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Elucidarius posted:

Now that axis is over and things are relatively back to normal I want to be sure I understand the ending... Iron-Man, Havok and Sabertooth are still inverted. Am I missing anyone? Solicits for the next Loki say he's back to normal but still can't lie.

Cage I'm pretty sure is still inverted

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I enjoyed the back end of Axis. I thought the what the inverted villains did was brilliant.

I think Deadpool isn't back to normal either.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I enjoyed the back end of Axis. I thought the what the inverted villains did was brilliant.

I think Deadpool isn't back to normal either.

Did you read Deadpool this week? I'd say it's pretty clear he isn't inverted anymore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Senor Candle posted:

Did you read Deadpool this week? I'd say it's pretty clear he isn't inverted anymore.

Nope, i already spend 30bux on comics this week. I really should be reading the Deadpool run though.

Is it Deadpool and Evan BFFs? Because that would be awesome.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Nope, i already spend 30bux on comics this week. I really should be reading the Deadpool run though.

Is it Deadpool and Evan BFFs? Because that would be awesome.

It totally is!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Senor Candle posted:

It totally is!

And I thought the strangest thing was Phantomex and Evan playing catch.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Spiderdrake posted:

I actually liked the last couple pages of Axis, especially the Evan bits, but it definitely was a total damp fart.

I mean serious question here, when you got your books, did you read 'just another issue' New Avengers or 'climax of a nine part crossover' Axis first?

Because I read NA twice first.

I did too. I kind of regret not reading NA 3 times and burning that tripe though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

You know, my 12-year-old self is really disappointed that they didn't have a fight between Carnage and Apocalypse during all of this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Gavok posted:

You know, my 12-year-old self is really disappointed that they didn't have a fight between Carnage and Apocalypse during all of this.

It'd probably end up about like this.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This even was a wet fart.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Major thing I was sad about was that I thought it would be an Old Cap, Nova, and Spidey save the day event, but Old Cap was really the only one of the three that got a chance to show off.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spidey got his moments, but you'd have to have read Nova to see what he did.

I just don't get this event. So was the point of it to make Tony more of an rear end in a top hat, Sabretooth the new Wolverine, Havok evil (why?), and Wanda and Quicksilver not-mutants? That's it?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This really didn't need to be 9 issues.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dacap posted:

This really didn't need to be.

This is how I feel about this event. Broke the 2 good event streak they had going.

I'd rather have seen them just give Hickman another 9 issues to tell the events surrounding the hunt for the illuminati.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This totally sucked but I am really enjoying Superior Iron Man. I also wouldn't mind this guy taking over Daredevil after Waid finishes up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Codependent Poster posted:

Spidey got his moments, but you'd have to have read Nova to see what he did.

I just don't get this event. So was the point of it to make Tony more of an rear end in a top hat, Sabretooth the new Wolverine, Havok evil (why?), and Wanda and Quicksilver not-mutants? That's it?

Good to see Marvel is returning to Havok turning evil during crossovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

bobkatt013 posted:

Good to see Marvel is returning to Havok turning evil during crossovers.

I guess it beats, "Ensuring Havok disappears from continuity for three years" a la Mutant X and Emperor Vulcan.

• Locked thread