Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

PaybackJack posted:

I was thinking of all the late 80s, 90's retreads in this issue, this is what I've come up with so far:

Havok vs Cyclops - Inferno & X-tinction Agenda
X-Men get kidnapped - X-tinction Agenda
Bad Guy Reveals new Sentinels - Onslaught/Zero Tolerance
Bad Guy is Reborn in new body after having been thought dead - X-Tinction Agenda,
Psionic Interference/Jamming - X-Cuitioner's Song, Onslaught
Using Powerful Mutants for their power against their will - Days of Future Present, Onslaught, The Twelve

There's got to be more.

I think the similarities to Onslaught are very much intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wonder if there's an editorial mandate to make Doom the absolute best in any book he's in :swoon:

If there is, I'm sure Doom himself issued it. Natural order of things and so on.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Spiderdrake posted:

I was making a pun :(

I think so, yeah. Fraction's worst writing is Fear Itself, and while people like Infinity it definitely isn't as good as Hickman is doing right now. Original Sin has like, maybe a third the usual Aaron charm - Aaron is pretty variable to begin with, but I think it definitely falls in his bottom third.

Might be because event books are overladen with edicts, people deciding for you, compromises and lists of what you can't do, making it not much fun to write.

• Locked thread