Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There's not going to be a draft time that works for everyone, but pick one here and I'll go with majority

http://strawpoll.me/2736346

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Take the /r off.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tremendous Taste posted:

There's not going to be a draft time that works for everyone, but pick one here and I'll go with majority

http://strawpoll.me/2736346/r

I vote for option 1 (late PM today) as the season starts late PM today.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Machai posted:

I choose clones of Wayne "the only hockey player I know" Greatszky as my entire lineup

Wait no, instead I would like to draft the entire 1997 Worcester IceCats roster including their mascot, Scratch, and the guys that shot the t-shirt cannons.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Cripes I'm not going to be around this evening. Need to figure out what to do.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BERGfu posted:

Cripes I'm not going to be around this evening. Need to figure out what to do.

I'm setting up the league rn, you can edit rankings and pick strategy if it's anything like football

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

qnqnx posted:

Skip the fantasy hockey and go straight for the fantasy beating up guys with sticks on ice tyia
Seriously I thought this was going to be some blood bowl type deal.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol if you don't think someone's getting the poo poo beat out of them before this is over

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate fighting in hockey. Every once in a while during a hockey game two or more guys just decide to stop play and try to concuss each other with fists blows to the head and the referees just sit back and go "boys will be boys" then make them take a short time-out. That is some hosed up poo poo right there.

Fighting should be mandatory in all leagues. I want to see a contested call lead to a fist fight at first and I want to see Jim Furyk bitch slap that young kid that wears all the orange poo poo.

Also, this all being done in Yahoo?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ESPN/TSN. Invites have been sent, password is included in email

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
hooray signed up and everything. dont have a friggin clue what anything means or how it works, but im counting on beginners luck

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VideoGames posted:

hooray signed up and everything. dont have a friggin clue what anything means or how it works, but im counting on beginners luck

See which players still have all their teeth then dont pick those

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Lol if you don't think someone's getting the poo poo beat out of them before this is over

disputes will then have to be judged 1v1 unreal tournament 99

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

disputes will then have to be judged 1v1 unreal tournament 99

:agreed:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

basic fantasy hockey drafting advice

- trust the autopick unless everyone else is avoiding that guy
- goalies are either more or less important than you think, but make sure to grab one starter at least due to league size

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love the league name by the way.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
does that countdown mean we can pick players in that amount of hours? i have never done a fantasy league before

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Widestancer posted:

I love the league name by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQziwabMKk

rub some dirt on it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VideoGames posted:

does that countdown mean we can pick players in that amount of hours? i have never done a fantasy league before

Yes, normally this would be cause for concern but I'm pretty sure that this season's gonna be kinda lopsided so it might not really matter anyways

Or does it and am I just trying to sabotage the draft

:twisted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

VideoGames posted:

the countdown is until the draft starts, when the players will be picked 1-18 in round one and the order reversed for a "snake" effect in round two. So on and so forth. tonight at about 9:30 you'll be able to open up a window where the draft will be run. If you can't make it, a team will automatically be drafted. the team will have flaws but it'll be viable

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Whoever posts their dick gets first draft pick

Post the dick, get the pick, as they say.

Or do they

:twisted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

everyone has to sign up before the draft or it won't run, incidentally

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Joined. Also, for future reference, the Yahoo fantasy manager is infinitely better than anything else out there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Joined. Also, for future reference, the Yahoo fantasy manager is infinitely better than anything else out there.

Next year's revenge league has its cool new costume

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Please not before 4PM PST, which is the soonest I can be on a computer if I hurry

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fronz posted:

Please not before 4PM PST, which is the soonest I can be on a computer if I hurry

it's currently 7 pst tonight

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

the countdown is until the draft starts, when the players will be picked 1-18 in round one and the order reversed for a "snake" effect in round two. So on and so forth. tonight at about 9:30 you'll be able to open up a window where the draft will be run. If you can't make it, a team will automatically be drafted. the team will have flaws but it'll be viable

oh, well seeing as I am in England and it'll be 4:00am i guess random team for me!

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

VideoGames posted:

oh, well seeing as I am in England and it'll be 4:00am i guess random team for me!

i heard this english guy once tell me, "early bird gets the worm".

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

VideoGames posted:

:[ sorry mane

under "my team" you can choose "edit player rankings/autopick strategy" if you have a particular desire for a player/certain way to build your team, don't pick a goalie too early tho idk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if the draft's gonna be tonight, count me out. i have real-life stuff going on

Machai posted:

Wait no, instead I would like to draft the entire 1997 Worcester IceCats roster including their mascot, Scratch, and the guys that shot the t-shirt cannons.
i love you for making this post. i went to several IceCats games in high school

i'm insanely jealous of the people who go to my college now because the Phantoms moved to the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, PA) and they get the joy of minor league hockey

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i''ll probably miss the draft, but i've never watched an entire hockey game in my life, so i don't think it matters

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dwight Evans posted:

i''ll probably miss the draft, but i've never watched an entire hockey game in my life, so i don't think it matters

that's the spirit!

it's very possible that someone doesn't sign up and the draft gets delayed so we'll see :shrug:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tremendous Taste posted:

that's the spirit!

it's very possible that someone doesn't sign up and the draft gets delayed so we'll see :shrug:

can you make goalies super over valued so I can draft goalies with my first 4 picks?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

can you make goalies super over valued so I can draft goalies with my first 4 picks?

I think 18 people does that by default :laugh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

dominoeffect posted:

i heard this english guy once tell me, "early bird gets the worm".

Im lazy and love sleepin :>

Tremendous Taste posted:

:[ sorry mane

under "my team" you can choose "edit player rankings/autopick strategy" if you have a particular desire for a player/certain way to build your team, don't pick a goalie too early tho idk

its ok, :] i wouldnt know what im doing! a random team is likely to be way better than whatever i would choose, though maybe not as funny

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
having said that, ive just gone into the autopicking strategy and chosen random combinations! maybe this will be as ridiculous as i hoped

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm ready to get owned, at fantasy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jackie D posted:

I'm ready to get owned, at fantasy

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i hope i can use this draft to make up for the mistakes i made in the draft in my other league. probably not. only time will tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

romanowski posted:

i hope i can use this draft to make up for the mistakes i made in the draft in my other league. probably not. only time will tell

what mistakes were those

• Locked thread