Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
post cool games for the wii. maybe gamecube too if it's some hidden gem nobody knew about

so far I have SMGalaxy 2, xenoblade, TP and Skyward Sword, and that metroid prime trilogy remake/collection/whatever.

i've played most gamecube games but maybe there's some cool ones I forgot about or hidden gems or whatever the gently caress.

thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Minrad posted:

SMGalaxy 2

S&M Gay 2.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the chocobo roguelike is good but easy. there's a shiren game i think. dokapon kingdom is good if you're patient and have patient friends because it's hella slow. the fire emblem games are good sort of? the first one is good but the sequel is wonky

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Baten Kaitos and it's sequel for the 'Cube are win.

Mobzy
Mar 22, 2010

Eternal Darkness for the GameCube is good.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
rhythm heaven fever

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

rogue squadron, the good one

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Deadly Creatures, bitches

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I remember seeing stuff about Custom Robo for the Gamecube in Nintendo Power, thinking it looked pretty rad, and then skipping on it for whatever reason.

Then when my girlfriend moved in she brought all her old Gamecube games, which included Custom Robo, and I can confirm that game is in fact incredibly rad.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
custom robo is loving incredible

i need to replay that game now. thank you.

Dec 26, 2012

baroque (but get it for the ps2 instead if you still have one)

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
star fox adventures

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
punch out

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The thousand year door is really good, and so is path of radiance but you've probably played both of those games.

WarioWare Smooth Moves might actually be my favorite of the series, too

A cool damn horse fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 7, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mach2 posted:

Deadly Creatures, bitches

gently caress yeah. this was my poo poo.

Also zack and wiki, and little kings story

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Cubivore is loving excellent

so is Phantasy Star Online but you can play that on PC pretty easily

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Wasn't everyone on SA obsessed with Monster Hunter Tri?

I'd recommend some more games but I only have Xenoblade, Galaxy 1 and Mad World, which isn't very good.

Dec 26, 2012

mh3 is on wii but the updated version with more weapons+monsters exists only on other systems and you really want to be playing that one instead

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

apparently From made some games called Lost Kingdoms on the gamecube that i played when I was a kid and thought were fun

also The Last Story for Wii is pretty cool

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Mobzy posted:

Eternal Darkness for the GameCube is good.

play it today and tell me it's still worth a poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

apparently From made some games called Lost Kingdoms on the gamecube that i played when I was a kid and thought were fun

also The Last Story for Wii is pretty cool

the last story owns and its an absolute shame it got overshadowed so hard by xenoblade

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

01011001 posted:

the last story owns and its an absolute shame it got overshadowed so hard by xenoblade

:agreed:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Cutom Robo is fun but its way better with a human opponent thats not braindead, since then the game is not trivial. Another good gamecube game is "Luigi's mansion", and you can add "Final fantasy crystal chronicles" to the list as wel.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I remember playing Lost Kingdoms. I never played the sequel but it's a pretty neat card game. IIRC the cards were just for summoning monsters and it plays out vaguely like an action rpg. The first one is really ugly, though... it's pretty clearly an N64 game that got pushed to the 'Cube.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pandoras tower is really fun and kind of unique you should look it up on youtube or whatever and check it out

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

the mario brothers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

loving Excellent

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

disaster day of crisis, sin & punishment, a boy & his blob, and muramassa are som good wii games

tales of symphonia, chibi robo, custom robo, killer 7, and F-zero are some good gamecube games

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

little king story is really fun and similar to pikmin if you have a vita there is a sequel to it on that as well, you grow your kingdom and make dudes into different classes to conquer more land and find more treasure, its cute and fun. also pikmin one and two wiht wii controls are so loving good for real

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008

01011001 posted:

is it really better than xenoblade? that seems like it would be an unpopular opnion. i have both and they are gathering dust after being played for 2 hours each so idk. i asked google but it seems pretty indecisive.

also mario party 8 is fun if u have friends to play it with...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MondayHotDog posted:

Mad World, which isn't very good.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Khaal posted:

is it really better than xenoblade? that seems like it would be an unpopular opnion. i have both and they are gathering dust after being played for 2 hours each so idk. i asked google but it seems pretty indecisive.

I don't think either is better than the other, they're both in the same range. It just depends if you want a more condensed mission based game like The Last Story. Or loving massive overworld with too many sidequests like Xenoblade. I love them both, but haven't beaten either yet.

UH... Game suggestion.

If you're not already sick of Donkey Kong, get Jungle Beat on Wii. (Or Gamecube if you like Bongos.)

It's a combo based sidescrolling platformer that's made by the Mario Galaxy guys. Mileage varies, I had a phase where I had to combo absolutely everything and get the best banana multiplier. I guess it's a Nintendo title, but I consider it underrated in comparison to other Nintendo titles.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

fronz posted:

Cutom Robo is fun but its way better with a human opponent thats not braindead, since then the game is not trivial. Another good gamecube game is "Luigi's mansion", and you can add "Final fantasy crystal chronicles" to the list as wel.

Yeah I was kicking myself for not getting it when I was younger, that game would have been the best with lots of people.

The post game tournaments can get pretty tough, at least.

Dec 26, 2012

Khaal posted:

also mario party 8 is fun if u have friends to play it with...

it's the polar opposite of xenoblade in a lot of design decisions. it suits my preferences more personally

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Little king story is an amazing game. i think skies of arcadia for GC is good as well BUT im not sure because I havent played it for about 9 years.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the DS custom robo is really weird

there are illegal parts you can't use in real matches so.. why have 'em

Brasseye posted:

Little king story is an amazing game. i think skies of arcadia for GC is good as well BUT im not sure because I havent played it for about 9 years.

everyone forgets this game but it's really really cool

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
fire emblem for gamecube is good.

Swelter Discharge posted:

disaster day of crisis, sin & punishment, a boy & his blob, and muramassa are som good wii games

tales of symphonia, chibi robo, custom robo, killer 7, and F-zero are some good gamecube games

chibi robo ftw. the other ones ftw as well but especially chibi robo

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Goat posted:

the DS custom robo is really weird

there are illegal parts you can't use in real matches so.. why have 'em

everyone forgets this game but it's really really cool

the DS custom robo was a step down i think but i'd just like one more custom robo on 3ds or wii u so that i can play it online

Dec 26, 2012

fronz posted:

fire emblem for gamecube is good.

arguably one of the best ones, even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you chose F-Zero GX or Cubivore over Custom Robo did you make a wise choice?

• Locked thread