Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

FISHMANPET posted:

Daaaang that's an evil looking president.

Former CIA.

And technically Russell is Leo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I thought the pilot was a bit weak but it seems to be getting progressively more sure of itself. That's one thing West Wing did really really well: The pilot was amazing and did a fabulous job of introducing you to everyone.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm not sold on the President. Maybe I was just spoiled by Jed Bartlet, but this guy doesn't seem all that presidential.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Bellakitty posted:

I have not ever seen a single episode of The West Wing so have no comparison.

Take a couple weeks vacation and get on to it. This is inexcusable. At least watch the first 4 seasons.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Episode 4 was decent.

They keep dropping these little hints about the deaths of the former Secretary and that CIA friend of Elizabeth's. That sort of ongoing mystery tease seems unbecoming for this type of show. I hope it actually goes somewhere substantial, but I kinda feel like the show doesn't need it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It looks like they're going for the whole plots and maneuvering as a long term arc. The West Wing succeeded very well as a show about a group of colleagues who all liked each other and worked together, but for now I'm cool with this show taking a different approach - I guess it's easier to create a compelling show this way.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

What were they smoking when they wrote the "Secretary's husband gets recruited into the NSA"?

I'm just glad we were deflected away from 'husband is having an affair' soap opera crap. I also don't particularly want to see the soapy crap of Daisy and Matt - Matt in particular I'm struggling to take seriously. Aside from Nadine, none of the Secretary's staff are really shining the way say, the cast of the West Wing did.

I like her family, I'm growing to like Russell and the President, but most of her staff are bland nothings.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I guess they got sick of trying to redo the West Wing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Let me guess - everyone else forgot there was a new episode today?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Does anyone know why the show is taking another break until March?

Or are the airdates on wikipedia full of crap?

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So did everyone forget this was back from break or something?

• Locked thread