Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Following ABC's 18-episode run of Commander in Chief in 2005, CBS' Madam Secretary is the latest attempt at The West Wing 2.0. Exec produced by Morgan Freeman and created by the woman who did Joan of Arcadia, the show follows a former CIA agent turned University of Virginia professor who is asked to be the Secretary of State when the incumbent dies in a (mysterious) plane crash. It is part foreign policy debate, part office politics of the highest level, and part family drama, with a dash of conspiracy thriller. As of this thread going up, 3 episodes have aired, and they are available to stream on CBS.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEu36NUWj4

Cast

Elizabeth Faulkner McCord (Tea Leoni) is Hillary Clinton Madeline Albright a SILF

Henry McCord (Tim Daly) is a theology professor at Georgetown

Russell Jackson (Zeljko Ivanek) is POTUS' Chief of Staff

Nadine Tolliver (Bebe Neuwirth) is Leo McGarry

Jay Whitman (Sebastian Arcelus) is Josh Lyman

Daisy Finch (Patina Miller) is CJ Cregg

Matt Mahone (Geoffrey Arend) is Sam Seaborn

Conrad Dalton (Keith Carradine) is POTUS

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Former CIA.

And technically Russell is Leo.
Russell is POTUS Chief of Staff, sure, but when discussing this show, the Secretary is the "president" when discussing staff structure, so her chief of staff would be Leo, just like her press person would be CJ.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 7, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It only took 4 episodes for the strange and unnecessary "Tea Leoni in a bra" shot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TheBigBad posted:

Where do you find an evening gown with pockets in it?
They came into style like half a dozen years ago.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TheBigBad posted:

Cj would never wear one.
I'm not so sure. I could see her doing a Jessica Chastain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Comms girl: "Water is burning, Madam Secretary, and your name is linked to it. The optics of this couldn't be worse."

MSec: "Optics? Seriously?"

Comms girl: "I'm sorry. It's my job to tell you that."

This one exchange illustrates why this show is the poor man's West Wing.

• Locked thread