Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I dont see this show as having any similarities to The West Wing except for both featuring POTUS and the intro. The West Wing was a ensemble/workplace drama that happened to be set inside the White House which made the addition of political pontification seem natural. Madame Secretary on the other hand focuses only on the titular Secretary of State (she is in 90% of the scenes). We get to know her family which I predict will continue to play a major role in the stories but we dont know how her staff interacts when she is not in the room.

But it's a decently written political drama so I'm happy with that. Atleast it's more enjoyable then the Newsroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Which one is Toby?

I'd say her husband. Toby's role was mostly to hold up ideals that were not achievable, sounds like a theology prof.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

It only took 4 episodes for the strange and unnecessary "Tea Leoni in a bra" shot.

It took the West Wing not even 4 minutes to have a "Rob Lowe in shorts" shot.

I'm also calling the inevitable personal assistant/eldest daughter romance.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

wukkar posted:

So does football keep pushing back 60 minutes which pushes back this which screws up my DVR? I keep having to watch the last half of this on cbs.com.

Yes, expect that to continue until football season is over.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

pentyne posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell a private citizen could never seize another country's art/antiquities as collateral for owning a bunch of said country's bonds.

You might want to look at the current conflict between Argentina and it's hedge fund creditors.

• Locked thread