Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What were they smoking when they wrote the "Secretary's husband gets recruited into the NSA"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wow, this awkward banter/romantic tension between curly hair guy and soon to be married woman is truly awful.

And the moronic NSA plot continues, despite that fact that it would completely destroy the credibility of the Secretary and really gently caress up America's diplomatic everything.

The fact that they do a "dramatic nighttime raid" and bring the guy back for a tearful reuniting with his wife is just more evidence that this show is banking on cheap drama rather the good writing. There appears to be some super secret plot where the previous Secretary was secretly killed so Madam Secretary can investigate and expose it/risk her life for cheap drama.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 10, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gawain The Blind posted:

I do not care about her husband's bullshit.

Yeah, the line about "It came from the President" was stupid justification. The Senate Intelligence committee would lose their poo poo if they learned the President was using the spouse of a high ranking cabinet member for "contract" spy work.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"You know what would've made The West Wing better? A underlying mystery about whether or not the CIA is assassinating members of the Cabinet and silencing witnesses" -The writers of Madam Secretary.

This show is complete garbage. Was it originally pitched as a lovely Tom Clancy-like political thriller series?

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 17, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This show is hot, hot garbage.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wukkar posted:

Are there any drat characters left that aren't read in on Marsh=assassinated? Just her 12 year-old anarchist? Does he still even exist?

I can't even tell what direction its going. So the CoS for the president finds out, freaks the gently caress out and yells at her, is really upset that she thought he/pres was involved.

So...who killed Marsh? They painted it heavily as "silenced a threat to the president" but now that's up in the air. It'll probably be revealed to be some convoluted web of business interests and entrenched politicians who hired some Mossad agents to recreate their previous "work".

But then, what does that make this show? Some weird hybrid of West Wing and Scandal? I literally cannot stand the forced love triangle between the black woman and her abusive fiancee and weirdo glasses curly haired guy, who after having them casually flirt a bit he suddenly confessed his love to her then she said she's staying with the fiancee, then an episode or two later the staffers hook up.

It's a complete mess, and it seems like every few episodes the writers have a disagreement and change the tone of the show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I might start loving this show if they keep going balls to the walls crazy.

A bunch of Texas militiamen storm into Mexico, pull off kidnapping a prisoner (who killed a Texas cop) who was held in Mexico, then bring him back to Texas, and the good old boy southern Governor yucks it up with "this is how we do things in Texas" and refuses to release said prisoner and picks a fight with the federal govt.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Is it wrong that this thread didn't sell me on the show based on comparisons to West Wing, but because I've always had a crush on Tea Leoni? :buddy:

Well, the comparisons were mostly "Hahaha they could not be trying harder and failing to be sorkin-esque"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boatswain posted:

This is a ridiculous show, especially all the strange family & feel good scenes and they seem to have forgotten about the assassination etc.

On the other hand Tea Leoni is pretty awesome, and I like her secretary too.

The family stuff is bizarre. The oldest daughter is just the stereotypical "college opened my eyes I know how the world really works now :smuggo:" and keeps acting openly disrespectful to her parents in the worst way possible.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

So did everyone forget this was back from break or something?

No the show is just pretty bad. It's a mix of West Wing and standard conspiracy mystery without being able to do either well and clearly failing at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell a private citizen could never seize another country's art/antiquities as collateral for owning a bunch of said country's bonds.

• Locked thread