Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Is it wrong that this thread didn't sell me on the show based on comparisons to West Wing, but because I've always had a crush on Tea Leoni? :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So after having watched the first episode, I'm liking the show but it's kind of hard to quantify. It first seems like it wants to be West Wing, complete with Sorkin-ish rapid-fire dialogue, but then veers into (more) serious politics with the kidnapped kids and then caps off with a conspiracy and assassinations in the white house/CIA. :tinfoil:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

6 episodes in and I'm not really getting why POTUS wanted her for this job. He's all 'you think outside the box, hell you don't know there IS a box' in the pilot but he and the assistant guy do nothing but make poo poo harder for her and throw her under the bus at every turn.

I am starting to think that the POTUS' plan was to kill the former Secretary of State and think that Leoni's character would be one he could control and dispose of later. :tinfoil:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

OK, I'm in on this one. It's a good show.

Madam Secretary is basically West Wing Lite with a dash of family drama and the B Plot being thise White House/CIA murder conspiracy mystery. :suspense:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I don't know what it is about this show, it's not very good honestly but I can't stop watching it.

• Locked thread