Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Doctor Bishop posted:

how do you pronounce it then?

eh-ran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

pretty much

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i say it like "uh-rahn"

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Waifu posted:

who do i have to kiss rear end to become an ik

mine, but i warn you it'll take a few months

you have a lot of rear end to cover.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

AHungryRobot posted:

i say it like "uh-rahn"

i'll allow it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Turtlicious posted:

mine, but i warn you it'll take a few months

you have a lot of rear end to cover.

f*ck

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

AHungryRobot posted:

i say it like "uh-rahn"

same

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think we can agree that all music from all metroids owns

except other m which even managed to deliver subdued versions of great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySV9xBU6M

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i never played or bought metroid other m but i remember watching that trailer for the game like a billion times and i fuckin was hyped as poo poo when they announced it but the reviews were so bad that i just avoided it maybe i should give it a shot some day

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i own other m but have never played it

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I bought it and played it and regret it

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
rented it, played it and quit by the first boss simply because the controls were so poo poo

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I beat it and thought it could have passed for a mediocre metroid game if it wasn't for the lovely voice acting and ruining samus's character

Dec 26, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

i never played or bought metroid other m but i remember watching that trailer for the game like a billion times and i fuckin was hyped as poo poo when they announced it but the reviews were so bad that i just avoided it maybe i should give it a shot some day

its not worth playing, or really talking about at this point

RME
Feb 20, 2012

AE-35 Unit posted:

super metroid with zero mission's controls would be perfect imo

theres a romhack called control freak that does this and its pretty neat

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

RME posted:

theres a romhack called control freak that does this and its pretty neat

that sounds great, I'll check it out, thanks!

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

AE-35 Unit posted:

that sounds great, I'll check it out, thanks!

ditto

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Kewpuh posted:

don't, it's barely a metroid game.

CuddlyZombie posted:

metroid prime trilogy owns but it cuts out the great prime 3 menu theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8bq_2X2g

Best intro

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Metroid Prime 2 and 3 are both great and anybody who doesn't think so can sit in the corner and think about all the mistakes they've made

Also I still have the Metroid Prime 3 preview channel on my Wii and I will never delete it even though it tells me to

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

Metroid Prime 2 and 3 are both great and anybody who doesn't think so can sit in the corner and think about all the mistakes they've made

Also I still have the Metroid Prime 3 preview channel on my Wii and I will never delete it even though it tells me to

god i remember that poo poo. i was so loving hyped.

brain talking to you all the time aside the game was incredible and is probably my favorite wii game. hyper mode actually being pretty loving hard was welcome since metroid games are usually terribly easy

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

you can make metroid games more challenging with sequence breaking

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
if you're looking for a challenge try doing a reverse boss order run of super metroid, which is insanely, insanely difficult

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kewpuh posted:

i watched the lp and it made me sad

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

metroid is pretty loving awesome but the japanese gaming audience doesn't get it and never buys it so nintendo doesn't give a gently caress no matter how much people want it here

this of course is not nintendo's sin, it is just one more of japan's atrocities

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
All Nintendo Japan needs to do is release Japan-only versions of the Metroid games where Samus is a 14 year old girl with space bikini armour.

You'd probably get pedos anime nerds importing it too when they otherwise wouldn't touch the Metroid games

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Asimo posted:

metroid is pretty loving awesome but the japanese gaming audience doesn't get it and never buys it so nintendo doesn't give a gently caress no matter how much people want it here

this of course is not nintendo's sin, it is just one more of japan's atrocities

theyre making a 2d and 3d one i thought

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

theyre making a 2d and 3d one i thought

they said they want to but miyamoto also said he wanted to make pikmin 3 for like 8 years before it actually released.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

well they better do it faster than that or theyll piss me off

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kewpuh posted:

well they better do it faster than that or theyll piss me off

theyre gonna do what they want and itll be cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want a Metroid and a Baby Sitting Mama game crossover.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Samus reboot replaced with reheels, sorry.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

press the touchpad to use samus' new GoGo Heels

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

god i remember that poo poo. i was so loving hyped.

brain talking to you all the time aside the game was incredible and is probably my favorite wii game. hyper mode actually being pretty loving hard was welcome since metroid games are usually terribly easy

I replayed MP1 a bunch of times on Hard and tbh I think it just hurt the experience because it just makes every enemy an annoying damage sponge without really making it harder. It does make that first long stretch of Phazon Mines a pretty intense attrition war but the trade-off of making every single enemy take multiple charge shots to kill isn't worth it imo, especially if you're doing a 100% run and backtrack through rooms a million times.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I replayed MP1 a bunch of times on Hard and tbh I think it just hurt the experience because it just makes every enemy an annoying damage sponge without really making it harder. It does make that first long stretch of Phazon Mines a pretty intense attrition war but the trade-off of making every single enemy take multiple charge shots to kill isn't worth it imo, especially if you're doing a 100% run and backtrack through rooms a million times.

yeah prime 1 was stupid because it just doubles the health every enemy has, changing nothing else.

in prime 3 some enemies get pretty tanky but you have hyper mode to deal with that, but everything hits you like a truck so you really need to watch yourself. certain attacks also one-hit-killed you if you were in hyper so it wasnt as easy as "just be in hyper mode all the time"

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
here's how to save metroid series/make a good metroid game with a fresh direction:

get a woman to design direct it like come on son :cmon:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chill Penguin posted:

here's how to save metroid series/make a good metroid game with a fresh direction:

what difference does that make

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Super Metroid has almost no plot or lore which is cool to me. It doesn't feel like the context is missing or you are doing things arbitrarily like an 80s arcade game with no plot, it's just, the story is the experience of excavating this alien world. I like it

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Chill Penguin posted:

Which woman

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

elf help book posted:

what difference does that make

the game is about a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010