Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The O's were quite a bit better than both of them in the regular season but, well, ya know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FairGame posted:

AJP is an rear end in a top hat, wow.

That's awesome though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fear not, Victims of Widespread Institutional Racism, a baseball team that wins a lot has won some more. Your trouble is over.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I better look my best to watch a bunch of grown men in pajamas try to hit a ball with a stick

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Harlock posted:

Chip Hale(??) is the new D-Backs manager.

Bench coach for the A's. Bob Melvin is generally pretty good so if he picked up any of that it seems like it could be a good hire. On the surface hiring an A's coach seems very contrary to the current D-Backs gritheartscraptoughness thing, but remember that Ron Washington used to work for Oakland too. And he's a grown man going by "Chip" which is scrappy as gently caress.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ZenVulgarity posted:

How gritty is Chip Kelly

Your instinct would say no because of the shotgun spread thing, but he runs the ball a ton, uses lots of old school wing-t plays, and refuses to let his players take a break ever. That all seems very gritty and scrappy to me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Harlock posted:

Wednesday
STL/SF 4:07 EST
BAL/KC 8:07 EST

Thursday
BAL/KC 4:07 EST
STL/SF 8:07 EST

A 1 PM local NLCS game is kind of criminal.

You have the times backwards for Wednesday I think. But the game tomorrow is at 1 PM SF time, which is indeed pretty lovely.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Groucho Marxist posted:

he'll just bunt every at bat

this is better than a tony cruz at bat so I'm cool with it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FairGame posted:

AJP has been virtually the same hitteras 2nd half Yadi. I guess that says more about the lovely offense than anything else, but AJP 6th is fine if Yadi 6th was.

e: what the hell, Oscar Taveras still isn't playing ahead of Grichuk.

HE LITERALLY DID THE BEST THING POSSIBLE IN HIS ONLY PLATE APPEARANCE THIS SERIES

He has not Earned Mike Matheny's Trust.

Just be happy he isn't still starting Kozma or Descalso over Wong, because you know he wants to.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

nerve posted:

Can't believe we're not hearing more about this Molina kid, those are some great stats.

are y'all still mad about the dumb all star voting

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

angrygodofjebus posted:

I don't know, that song was, like, super popular

Yeah pretty sure most people know who Lorde is.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

But Colin Cowherd doesn't want new teams involved! He reads the numbers!

Hot take, Colin.

oh man colin cowherd said a dumb thing i can't believe it that never happens

Why even listen to a thing you know will make you mad? That is literally his entire purpose. It is not interesting in the slightest when he does it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

I honestly don't really think Cowherd is one of those guys. He's usually right on with his takes.

oh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Man if you're rooting against the royals because they don't make sabermetrically smart baseball moves you're a dang dweeb

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lots of Royals fans hate the Cards for all the reasons everyone else hates the Cards magnified by actually having to live near them and experience The Best Fans In Baseball first hand rather than through Twitter. Cards fans seem to be largely indifferent unless they're still really pissed about Don Denkinger. There is only so much time in the day to hate on historically inept franchises and that role is filled by the Cubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The call put a dude on base but it would have just been one out and they still had a lead at the time after it anyway. They had to gently caress up a bunch of stuff to lose that game. The call just gets blown up because Cardinals fans.

• Locked thread