Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

:getin:

This is gonna be a good series. I really want to see how the Giants manage to pull this one off. I figure it'll be a complete game shutout by hudson followed by a madbum grand slam, but who knows?

I'm gonna fall on the side of the Orioles on the American League. Partly because of a great mascot, but also because I want an Orange and Black WS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I dislike the Giants' success because they seem to be able to respond to the pressure and win when they have to in order to accomplish their overall goal, whereas my team seems to mainly focus their skills on losing exactly when they need to in order to do the opposite.

I know thats a bunch of bullshit #narrative reasons to want a team to fail, but when another team coasts into the playoffs on magic dust over and over with contributions coming from all over and your team goes twenty years without being able to even secure a wildcard appearance, you will become naturally resentful.

That said, Buster, Timmy and Panda are all about as likeable as professional athletes can be and Bochy is a pretty cool dude and they play in a really nice park. I don't think I hate any of the Giants, but gently caress do I ever hate the Giants.

Go Royals. Don't make me cheer for the Giants.

Honestly, given the Giants' success, I'm surprised more people don't absolutely despise them. They deserve to be hated for their success, as any team with recent success does, but you just look at Panda and Timmy and Bochy all having fun and go :3:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Northjayhawk posted:

Trust me. In KC, we have heard all about Lorde, whether we wanted to or not.

Well, he is from Colorado, which isn't that far away. Figured Lorde would be a rockies fan though.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

...Lorde is a woman, and she's from New Zealand.

But I know your feelings on South Park.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

3DHouseofBeef posted:

N: Is there any better embodiment of Even Year Bullshit than a Travis Ishikawa walk-off HR?
V: No, no there is not.

Counterpoint: World Series MVP Edgar Renteria

• Locked thread