Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's funny how when someone on a team you are rooting for does that, it is hilarious, but when someone on a team you are rooting against does it, they are loving douchebags.

Meaning, that was loving hilarious, go Royals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If the Royals complete the sweep tomorrow, I'm a bit worried that all the time off waiting for the NLCS to finish might cool them down, a la the 2007 Rockies.

Everyone said the same thing after they swept the Angels though. They had 4 days off then and would have 5 off before the World Series if they complete the sweep tomorrow. I'm inclined to believe there probably isn't much to that.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just read this from the Royals' recap:

"There have been 33 previous best-of-seven postseason series in which a team had a 3-0 lead and only once did it evaporate. Of those, 27 ended in a sweep."

I wouldn't have guessed that over 80% of 3-0 leads end up as a sweep...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Alman posted:

Guthrie wearing the "These O's Ain't Royal" shirt to post-game presser. Owns

I had to look up the reference. I am officially old.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

FairGame posted:

I'm sure everyone is fine with Choate vs. Crawford.

What about Crawford's reverse split? (.320 BA vs LHP and .213 against RHP this season/.251 vs LHP and .239 vs RHP career)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

^^ I would have bet quite a bit that this was a photoshop...

This Royals poo poo is like a Twilight Zone episode. I love it.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Last year it was the literal worst playoff outcome. This year it's the best.

There is no way this is better than Royals/Pirates or Royals/Nationals.

• Locked thread