Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

gently caress the Royals, they're a trash franchise, I hope Cardinals or Giants bullshit ruins their party.

N: :qq:

V: gently caress you too buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

theacox posted:

#KCDestiny

I really do wonder what's going to happen when they lose a game. There's no way they don't lose a game.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Asema posted:

but how could anybody hate the royals :coffeepal:

Seriously. The nerve of that guy to talk a little trash on his opponent. loving unheard of.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So apparently people from Baltimore were so offended by Jeremy Guthrie wearing the "These O's aren't Royal" t-shirt last night that he felt the need to apologize during a press conference today? Get some thicker skin folks.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Between Even Year Bullshit and Royals Bullshit, we're heading for a Maximum Comedy World Series and I love it. Seriously, these playoffs have been amazing.

I think the most comedy option possible is the Cards making it, blowing their challenge early and losing and then getting a repeat play from game 6 of the '85 series. A guy can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The_Hat posted:

Is there a lot of antagonism between the fanbases of the Cardinals and Royals? Just wondering how that possible series would play out in Missouri, because I would think that a Cubs/White Sox World Series would be drat near insufferable in Chicago.

My freshman year of college was 1999-2000. The college I went to was probably around 40% KC people, 40% St. Louis people and 20% random small town in Missouri people. To put it mildly, I loathed St. Louis sports after my freshman year of college. I'd never had a problem with them before then having been brought up on a "cheer for the Missouri team" kind of deal. Living among them ruined that. I have similar feelings for St. Louis fans and KU fans for pretty much the same reasons.

I have quite a few friends that still live in St. Louis but man I hate their sports teams.

• Locked thread