Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
For anybody that is an NL only fan:

alpha_destroy posted:

Some time ago I posted about how much Cards fans annoyed me for interrupting homework and a lot of people me a nerd. After some introspection I decided I do need to lighten up. So here's the deal:

For every run the Royals score this series I will have a whiskey. Now I don't want to kill myself, so if the Royals ever drop like 8 in game I'm giving myself until the time I go to bed to drink my whiskies for the night.

Go Royals.

I'm a motherfucking happy camper tonight. I'll probably be hung-over for first pitch tomorrow, but I will manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

tarlibone posted:

'course you will. Glad you enjoyed the game.

We're talking some top-tier hooch, I hope?

A large percentage tonight was Bulleit rye. I am a humanities student so I cannot afford top shelf poo poo, but I know my crap.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

It's going to be really hilarious if the Royals go all the way because Mike motherfuckin' Moustakis is gonna be the postseason MVP.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Kawalimus.

I just want to state: I was at game 3 of the ALDS in KC and I had a plan to get on TV. I posed as a guy that could only speak French in an attempt to get on TV. I brought a sign that said "Allez les Royals. Salut SAS! Je t'aime, mais je deteste Kawalimus

That is how annoying you are Kawalimus. I have never talked poo poo on a specific poster and I took a sign to game calling you out.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Did you really do that? Wow. I might have been a TV star!!!

Pure truth. I still have the sign.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

FoglyOgly posted:

It's completely true. I was there.

Ahhhh! Fogle I thought you gave up being a goon years ago!

Edit: I just want to state, the two guys Royals goons tried to get INSPECTAH DECK to watch went 5-7 with 2 BB, 1 HBP, a HR, 2 2B, 4 RBI, and contributed some great defense. The KC outfield is pretty good.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 11, 2014

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

Rex Hudler on TV is Denny's evil bizarro-world twin in that he's an excited goofy clown.

Lefebvre and Physioc probably strike a happy balance between the extremes.

You're right, Hud and Matthews have the same absolute value. It's just that Denny is good at his job. :colbert:

It is probably because I grew up listening to him, but I adore Denny Matthews as a commentator. Like, about the only guy I would trade him for would be Vin.

That isn't to say I don't understand the criticism. But I think part of it is almost a The Birthmark thing. I think Denny is so close to a perfect play by play guy this tiny blemish becomes only thing you can notice. I mean, I love how calm he is. His voice is soothing. But it isn't like Buck where he sounds disinterested. He's like a wise old narrator, and it's great.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Harlock posted:

After the Royals beat Baltimore 6-4 to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven ALCS, Dyson was asked by Kansas City Star writer Andy McCullough if he expects the series to return to Camden Yards for a sixth game. "No sir, I don't," Dyson said, "and I don't think [the Orioles] think that either."

God drat. Shots loving fired.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Even old white people who can afford world series tickets?

I would assume. Provided they're the same old white people that have gone to the ALDS/ALCS/Wild Card game, they've already heard the song played at the K over the PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The_Hat posted:

Is there a lot of antagonism between the fanbases of the Cardinals and Royals? Just wondering how that possible series would play out in Missouri, because I would think that a Cubs/White Sox World Series would be drat near insufferable in Chicago.

Actually I have had a lot of Cards fans tell me they were rooting for the Royals because they wanted another Show Me Series. But I also had a guy give me poo poo cause he was complaining about how insufferable Royals fair-weather fans are. I guess he assumed I don't wear a Royals hat literally every-day.

I don't think the antagonism goes both ways. What is the fun in hating a team whose only pennant was 30 years ago when you've won 5 since then? Plus, I mean they have two WS this century. I don't know. I just figure Cards fans have bigger teams to hate on than the Royals.

• Locked thread