Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Monicro posted:

Put the Nats/Pirates/Cubs/Padres/Mets in the AL Cool Fuckers division, nuke the rest from orbit

I'm okay with this. Either that, or let's bring back the Federal League. I would be 100% down with the Cubs becoming the Whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Carlton Banks posted:

It would be pretty cool if both the Cards/Royals used their 1985 uniforms if they meet in the WS

Both teams wear powder blue just to gently caress with everyone.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

FairGame posted:

This is a rad as hell Championship Series and while the Giants seem like a tough draw for the Cardinals, who the gently caress knows?

Hoping for I-70 Redux

I'm considering not even watching the NLCS because it's just depressing.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

The Midniter posted:

I want the Royals to beat the O's but there's no way they'd have as good a shot at a WS title as Baltimore would against SF/STL...and the very thought of the National League claiming another title is abhorrent to me.

My typical schtick is to go for the NL in every World Series due to playing complete baseball, but that's predicated on more than two teams representing the league. Go AL team, go.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

DeltaAttack2go posted:

I wonder how much of it had to do with day games where the men would walk out of the office and be like "yeah boss, just meeting a client for the afternoon."

I think it was more just men wore suits all the time, so the ballgame was no different.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Deathlove posted:

Joe West - sucking in 1991, sucking today, sucking forever. Also Dan Roan, Chicago legend.

Yeah, I love how Dan's shirt just makes sure you're absolutely certain that everything happened in the early 90's.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Cubs broadcasters have been doing a pretty good job of incorporating (or at least talking about) different stats over the past year or two. I stopped paying too much attention, but at least at one point, they were doing "Stat Sundays" where they would start of by talking about a stat like FIP and then refer to it repeatedly over the game that day.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

zakharov posted:

The MLBN broadcasts had a graphic showing the position of the fielders which I thought was neat.

Yeah, I like to that a lot better than the other channels occasionally putting position labels over the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

fknlo posted:

"cheer for the Missouri team" kind of deal

I was brought up the opposite of that. I feel horrible if I start saying nice things about a Missouri team. It is super fun to scoff at Chiefs/Royals fan regularly. I think the main reason I want the Royals to lose right now is to see what #takethecrown turns into. With the Royals fans I know, it would probably turn into quiet dejection with "It was fun while it lasted" being overheard shortly thereafter.

• Locked thread