Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bob Shabazz posted:

O'Dowd was in charge for 15 years and got them to the playoffs twice.

Rocktober was pretty boss though that one time

Go Giants, Go Royals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I don't hate the Giants. I hate the Cardinals, though, and hope once again that they brutally lose.

Gonna be pretty cool when instead they sweep through the remainder of the playoffs

:(:hf::(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Yea Pence is a big nerd, I remember back in the day he played a lot of WoW and claimed to be the first Hunter on his server to reach level 60.

The first Hunter class or the first person named Hunter? :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am filled with shame

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Who was the guy on the Red Sox in 2004 that everyone knew was going to steal second and still went like 7/8 when used as a pinch runner?

Guys like that might not be super valuable in a 162 game season but in a best of 7 series where small sample size rules all their value is immense. If it's a close game they can turn it around and if it's not then whoever you left off the roster to keep him wasn't going to change anything.

Dave Roberts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Please tell me they did a Coco Crisp cereal bowl promotion.

Or that Milton Bradley had his own Monopoly version, partly because it's hard to get through a game of Monopoly without flipping out and saying "gently caress this!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm going to say... Matheny won't be dumb enough to lose his DH by moving him into the field

....prior to the 7th inning of any game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Niners-Rams is day 3 of 5 straight days of SF vs. St Louis. That's pretty neat.

But as opposed to being The Best Fans in Football, Rams fans have to be coached how to cheer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: this doesn't belong in this thread

• Locked thread