Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Akbar posted:

This is from the last thread but he did a what now?

He plays a lot of online games with fans but there was a specific thing where when D3 came out for PS3 he played with fans at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rand alPaul posted:

Ok the Cardinals and Giants will go seven. San Francisco will eliminate St. Louis in the most heartbreaking of fashion -- Wainwright will throw batting practice in an emergency start and Yadier Molina will come out of the closet and openmouth kiss Brandon Phillips.

Giants starters will be so taxed that Tim Lincecum starts game one of the World Series and no-hits Baltimore. Joaquin Arias and Gregor Blanco will hit multiple home runs throughout the series. Nelson Cruz will go hitless and have 2 fielding gaffes.

Don't stop I'm almost there

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Giants and Niners might be in the same STL hotel this weekend :3:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SAS can't handle Kawalimus at large. Go look at some birds, buddy, then head back to the Kawalimus Quarantine Zone aka TFF

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Imgur now lets you posts giant gifs

e: the similarity to yankees fans.gif is unnverving

Needs a massive gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bring back Jon Miller*

*actually don't because Giants fans enjoy hogging him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ahmed Fareed ‏@AhmedFareedCSN 1m1 minute ago
MadBum unimpressed by his road postseason scoreless innings record: "There's a stat for everything these days."

:allears: Madbum

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

An advanced stats broadcast is doomed to failure because advanced stats need a bit of study and that doesn't lend itself to a traditional broadcast setting.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mornacale posted:

You don't need a lengthy explanation of xFIP to say things like "well Jim, Tom McPitcher has been allowing a lot of fly balls this season but they haven't been making their way over the fences. This game very well may hinge on whether he can continue to keep them in the park." That seems like a huge improvement to me over "Keys To The Game: Get Runs Early; Keep Loose; Pitching?????". Similarly, I don't think it would be tough at all to work in stuff like "well, a hit from this next batter could improve the Baseballmen's odds of winning by over 5%, so I'm a little surprised not to see the Bird Sox go to the bullpen here."

I don't know about anyone else, but generally there are at least a few times during any given game that I pull up Fangraphs or whatever to check out something that interests me. Done well, a sabermetrically-inclined broadcast is going to be like your bud who already wondered the same thing and found the info before you had to look. Done poorly, it's 100 twitter notifications popping up over the game while some dude writes you a dissertation on BABIP.

I didn't get a chance to watch the VORPcast but talking to my friends about advanced statistics takes way too long. I think it's because I mention xFIP and ERA differences and then I get blank stares. So I have to explain xFIP. I agree, sometime in the middle of the season would be cool but not the LCS.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Carlton Banks posted:

gently caress the following people:
Kolten Wong
Jhonny Peralta

People who own:
Mike Matheny
Trevor Rosenthal

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Niners-Rams is day 3 of 5 straight days of SF vs. St Louis. That's pretty neat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ser Barrold top 5 in WAR since 2000 despite only playing seven years

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphswd.aspx?teamid=0&pos=All&season=2014&season1=2000&grid=100

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Play better or shut up.

This.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

<--- 5 more wins my dudes and two real reasons why the Giants will win it all :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AJP got hit with the bat on the pitch but also dropped the ball. Pence was taking off to second and when AJP got hit by the bat he had to make sure the ump saw so he could blow the play dead.

Also he gets hit by the bat, then he throws the mask off and falls.

That having been said gently caress AJ Pierzynski.

• Locked thread