Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rand alPaul posted:

So glad he batted sixth in the lineup.

Wait what

I mean i wasn't paying super close attention to the Nationals this year but

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

zakharov posted:

Kawalimus is either a weirdo or a gimmick, please please please stop quoting him

Kawalimus is pretty easy to understand:

- He likes bird-watching and bird-discussing;
- He is Chicken Little when it comes to his favorite sports teams;
- He prefers impossible odds so that he can presume the loss is inevitable and any success is a happy surprise, whereas with reasonable odds a defeat would crush his spirit;
- There is (unfortunately) no convincing him otherwise on points 2 and 3, but bird-chat is a fun read.

OK, so baseball. Why is it that playoff stats are always broken up by round and not cumulative? I could understand showing both "current series" and "all postseason" stats, but splitting the Wild Card game from the NLDS from the NLCS from the WS is just baffling, everything is small sample size statistical noise.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Mornacale posted:

If anything, you should be rooting for the Royals' stupid ideas to pay off so that all the bad GMs in baseball will go "see, I was right all along!" and do really dumb and funny poo poo to try to imitate them.

Or bad owners will handcuff solid GMs and force them to follow along.

Neal :ohdear:

• Locked thread