Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

I'm pretty happy with all four finalists. I'm looking forward to some good and (or) amusing baseball.

Well that's it isn't it? There's a poo poo pile of baseball left. And every loving pitch is meaningful. And what I can't watch (since I'm so far outside the time-zone) I'll read about. That is some high order entertainment right there. Nine innings of playoff baseball is so different from nine innings of regular season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Any chance the Royals go full powder blue, blue on blue, for their uni's at least one game?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Let's get this relative payroll thing out of the way.

Giants $149,089,475

Cardinals $111,250,000

Orioles $107,466,653

Royals $92,185,521

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys players. A Royals 149MM payroll is an absurd thought to entertain, as is a Giants 92MM payroll. But the Orioles and Cards are much closer than I imagined.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Teams nowadays, they can't help it. It's that smug loving bird. It's mesmerizing and intimidating. The O's come out of the dugout, and the other guys see that loving cartoon bird, they see it and they just know. They hate that loving cartoon. That's an edge.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

Also interested in the answer to this since I'm planning on making a futile effort to purchase a ticket to Game 2 when tickets go on sale to the public today

"Game 1 would become Saturday's game if Friday is postponed.

According to the Orioles, should game 1 be rained out tomorrow night, HOME GAME 1 ticket holders would then be admitted to SATURDAY'S game, as that would now serve as "Home Game 1."

Though unofficial, the prevailing prediction is that Game 2 would then take place on Sunday at 4-5 PM, eliminating the travel day, forcing the Orioles and Royals to play on five consecutive days."

(from the O's Hangout board)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hope is a false promise without dingers. The nation wants dingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

It wasn't too many seasons ago that I made a foolish bet with SAS regulars that the Orioles would finish the season at .500 and I was willing to bet my bobbleheads against your bobbleheads. I boxed and mailed off quite a few bobbleheads that year. All those guys to whom I sent bobbleheads?

gently caress you. This is better.

• Locked thread