Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scob
Jul 17, 2005

If the cards cant beat this giants team ill be very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Mornacale posted:

I think it probably makes more sense to use end-of-year payrolls, since richer teams can are willing to afford to take on bigger salaries mid-season, in which case the numbers are:

Giants $166.6M
Cardinals $141.7M
Orioles $114.3M
Royals $102.2M

e: (Numbers from B-Ref)

This isnt accurate for the cards, aj is getting paid the min and the redsox gave money in the lackey deal i think around 3 mill. They arent paying mastersons full salary either. Not that the cardinals cant afford to pay that amount, the organization has to be flush with cash with the playoff runs and over 3 million+ fans in the park again this year. It really is sad they didnt have a bench this season when they could obviously afford it. I guess the Mark Ellis experiment didnt work but would have been nice to see them get a righthanded bat at the deadline.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Matheny is starting Girchuk again against a rhp, reminds me of his allen craig fetish.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cards will make it to the world series and matheny will use the dh for yadi instead of the pitcher

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

tony cruz sucks, aj sucks, yadi "bunting every ab" molina sucks

heres a timeline that shows all the walkoffs in postseason history that does not suck

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...71bee5175b.html

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

im sure they do in kc. i bet they beat people over the head with that song being about george brett or whatever.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

best hitter this series better bunt him

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

the way the royals and giants are winning pisses me off. it validates all the bunt bullshit.

edit: im so angry watching this poo poo

double edit: guess this is the wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

im gonna pull for the royals in the series as its pretty obvious the cards arent going. having been in kc for the card/royals interleague series i can tell you first hand royal fans hate the cardinals haha.

• Locked thread